Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2004   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, you are right. They put Peek in because of his run stopping abilities.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #22
georgewashington
Veteran

sarcasm isnt needed, the point is that they just put him in, not to pass rush, not to stop the run, not to drop into coverage, just to play. If he was only put in to pass rush then he would have pass rushed, but he didnt. dont act like im ignorant.
georgewashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #23
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
I guess you have not seen his progression this season have you. Did you watch him play against the colts? The first play he was in he stayed outside in good contain. The second play James started in the middle and then bounced outside, and peek was waiting there, IN CONTAIN, and made the tackle for a no gain. Then the next two plays he dropped into coverage, and on the second was in perfect position and made an interception. I think if you stop listening to what people had said in the past about his lack of run stop and his wild play, and actually watched how he has been playing lately you would see that he has improved greatly. i know i have been very pro-Peek this year, but if you actually watch his play you cant deny his improvement with out even getting much playing time. And i point out that on the texans own page he was pointed out with another article about him and how he doesnt get playing time but when he does he makes things happen. you be the judge of that.

Oh god howd i know you'd be on here kissing Peeks A*s George ? That int was a give me, come on it was in trash time and there was noone else including recievers in the area. If someone throws a ball right at me i think i will catch it to ! And i dont think stopping the run one time out of A LOT means he can be consistent at it !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #24
georgewashington
Veteran

it wasnt right at him, he dropped back in front of the colts receiver who was 5 yards behind him, and i believe he did have to jump up to get it. And i guarentee you wouldnt catch it. and how is it trash time when the colts still had all their starters in and werent playing any different offense than they did all game long. and one out of a lot, i would love to hear the example of when this season he has been smoked on a run play. its not kissing *** if i simply point out some situations. I also suppose that whoever writes for the texans web site is kissing *** too because they seemed to like him enough and are impressed enough that the wrote an article saying he doesnt get much playing time but when he does he makes things happen.
Old 11-23-2004   #25
GeauxTexans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
I also noticed Foreman was lacking in coverage on numerous plays throughout the game. It usually ended up being Babin, Robinson, Earl, and Glenn making his tackles.
I noticed the exact same thing. I don't get to watch many games so I did not know if it was an off night for him (Foreman) or what but he was getting burned over and over.
GeauxTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #26
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
it wasnt right at him, he dropped back in front of the colts receiver who was 5 yards behind him, and i believe he did have to jump up to get it. And i guarentee you wouldnt catch it. and how is it trash time when the colts still had all their starters in and werent playing any different offense than they did all game long. and one out of a lot, i would love to hear the example of when this season he has been smoked on a run play. its not kissing *** if i simply point out some situations. I also suppose that whoever writes for the texans web site is kissing *** too because they seemed to like him enough and are impressed enough that the wrote an article saying he doesnt get much playing time but when he does he makes things happen.

ok well with 3 min left manning was still throwing the long ball, do you think we had a chance to come back ? yeah there was a reciever behind him, but peek DIDNT have to jump when he did it was right in his gut.
Old 11-24-2004   #27
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sarcasm isnt needed, the point is that they just put him in, not to pass rush, not to stop the run, not to drop into coverage, just to play. If he was only put in to pass rush then he would have pass rushed, but he didnt. dont act like im ignorant.
Don't act like it then. I will be as sarcastic as I choose when you just drone on and on with your Peek argument and toss the facts to the side. Babin is obviously more of an all around player and Peek is obviously more of a situational speed rusher right now. To argue against that is just not smart when you see that Babin plays mostly on more running downs and when Peek comes in it's mostly on passing downs. That is all I was typing but that isn't good enough for you. You have to insist you know more than the coaches and nobody can see Peek's skill but you.

Um, we see it too....just some of us don't think he is all that wonderful as a complete player....at least not yet.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2004   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
Oh god howd i know you'd be on here kissing Peeks A*s George ? That int was a give me, come on it was in trash time and there was noone else including recievers in the area. If someone throws a ball right at me i think i will catch it to ! And i dont think stopping the run one time out of A LOT means he can be consistent at it !
Aside from george's obvious Peek affiliation, exactly when does it become trash time for a winning offense? So Manning just decided we are up we can be sloppy at the very same time he was deciding to aggressively try to move down field?--yaa, sure. Peek made a greatl play on that ball--give the boy his due. Does he still need a lot of improvement?--yes. But give credit where it is due.
Old 11-24-2004   #29
georgewashington
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Don't act like it then. I will be as sarcastic as I choose when you just drone on and on with your Peek argument and toss the facts to the side. Babin is obviously more of an all around player and Peek is obviously more of a situational speed rusher right now. To argue against that is just not smart when you see that Babin plays mostly on more running downs and when Peek comes in it's mostly on passing downs. That is all I was typing but that isn't good enough for you. You have to insist you know more than the coaches and nobody can see Peek's skill but you.

Um, we see it too....just some of us don't think he is all that wonderful as a complete player....at least not yet.
There was no fact tossing at all, i never said babin wasnt better at the run. you just decide to twist what i say a little bit to make it sound more biased to peek. I never said he doesnt normally come in during passing downs, i just made a simple point that he has come in for extended periods of time, ex. 4th quarters against KC and Indy. and your sarcasm really isnt called for because there was no argument being made about these things you bring up. When did i say in this post that he was a better run stopper than babin and that peek is put in the game to stop the run? all ive have said is that he was given some playing time and it happened to be on the strong side replacing babin. and i dont think ive said anything about coaches being stupid or my ideas being the best. i also believe that some other people have noticed things that i have. so maybe you could act like an adult and try to be open to things, especially when they are simple statements that are not incorrect.
Old 11-24-2004   #30
bruenice
Rookie

Quote:
ok well with 3 min left manning was still throwing the long ball, do you think we had a chance to come back ? yeah there was a reciever behind him, but peek DIDNT have to jump when he did it was right in his gut.

actually the ball was over his head not in his gut. i was at that game and saw it in person. and what george has said about his play against the run is correct. attributing all of his abilities to what he did last year is ridiculous. it was his rookie year. just about everybody on this site has said that babin needs to be given time to develop into a linebacker during his rookie season.
as for lack of horizontal ability, i think that peek has that covered as well. i believe that it has been mentioned on the board before that he came into college as a receiver, he would have to be mobile for that. he then played LINEBACKER for a season before being moved to DE the last two year. i don't think that you can question his athletic ability. not sure if anyone knows this, but he did play for part of a season for the UC basketball team. huggins wouldn't let him play if he was unathletic. in one game against notre dame, he shut down troy murphy who i believe is starting right now for the golden state warriors and is 6-10. so i think he has the ability, just not getting all the reps that people are saying babin deserves to become an NFL linbacker.
bruenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #31
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Aside from george's obvious Peek affiliation, exactly when does it become trash time for a winning offense? So Manning just decided we are up we can be sloppy at the very same time he was deciding to aggressively try to move down field?--yaa, sure. Peek made a greatl play on that ball--give the boy his due. Does he still need a lot of improvement?--yes. But give credit where it is due.

the reason i said trash time,,,was cause it didnt really matter what our D did at that point they could of ran 2 int back for td's and it wouldnt of mattered. Did he do it in the green bay game when we really neede it ? NO so thats why i say trash time for our D, hell thats why he was in there, we had no chance to come back !!!! so his int was just a stat and meant absolutley nothing.
Old 11-24-2004   #32
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruenice
actually the ball was over his head not in his gut. i was at that game and saw it in person. and what george has said about his play against the run is correct. attributing all of his abilities to what he did last year is ridiculous. it was his rookie year. just about everybody on this site has said that babin needs to be given time to develop into a linebacker during his rookie season.
as for lack of horizontal ability, i think that peek has that covered as well. i believe that it has been mentioned on the board before that he came into college as a receiver, he would have to be mobile for that. he then played LINEBACKER for a season before being moved to DE the last two year. i don't think that you can question his athletic ability. not sure if anyone knows this, but he did play for part of a season for the UC basketball team. huggins wouldn't let him play if he was unathletic. in one game against notre dame, he shut down troy murphy who i believe is starting right now for the golden state warriors and is 6-10. so i think he has the ability, just not getting all the reps that people are saying babin deserves to become an NFL linbacker.
well bud you musta been in the cheap seats cause HDTV never lies !!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2004   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the reason i said trash time,,,was cause it didnt really matter what our D did at that point they could of ran 2 int back for td's and it wouldnt of mattered. Did he do it in the green bay game when we really neede it ? NO so thats why i say trash time for our D, hell thats why he was in there, we had no chance to come back !!!! so his int was just a stat and meant absolutley nothing.
Well all of that makes sense if you are talking about the outcome of the game, but if you are talking about the play or potential of a player, it is meaningless. Indy's full 1st team offense was still in and gunning--it was a good play.
Old 11-24-2004   #34
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Well all of that makes sense if you are talking about the outcome of the game, but if you are talking about the play or potential of a player, it is meaningless. Indy's full 1st team offense was still in and gunning--it was a good play.

i'm not saying it wasnt a good play, i'm just saying it had no affect on the game, it wasnt a clutch situation when we needed it like we needed it last week against Green Bay ! And believe it or not i think Peek brings alot of intensity into the game, i just think he needs to improve on his run stopping ! All of that started just trying to get old Geoorge W. rowdy LOL not everyone on the web site ! But i do still perfer Babin over peek as of now, and if peek keeps improving i may think otherwise !
Old 11-24-2004   #35
georgewashington
Veteran

Quote:
He didnt do it in the Green Bay game cuz he was hurt. And its ignorant to say a good play means nothing. Maybe it doesnt mean anything towards the team winning or losing, but a good play is a good play, and I believe it was a good read and play against the best QB in football. Is it really that hard for you people to see that the guy has improved? And Foreman may be out this week, and maybe wong will move to the middle then what are you guys gonna say if god forbid peek plays against the run? And once again i reiterate that peek did play in non-garbage time against the chiefs, he is the leading tackler on special teams, including taking the special teams captain spot against Indy, so i think he can make some tackles in the open field while getting by some blockers.
Old 11-24-2004   #36
AndreJ
All Pro

Default Foreman

Jay Foreman is ranked pretty high in the league in tackles i think he's like #16 i dont see why we would need to replace him.
AndreJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #37
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And its ignorant to say a good play means nothing. Maybe it doesnt mean anything towards the team winning or losing, but a good play is a good play, and I believe it was a good read and play against the best QB in football.
Hey, I thought Drew Henson's TD drive against the Ravens was great too, but it meant NOTHING. That's not ignorant, it's accurate analysis.

Many on this board feel that Peek has progressed and has made some wonderful plays, just because we don't think he's the second-coming of Ray Lewis doesn't mean we don't appreciate his contributions.

On a side note: Spacing, spelling and punctuation can make posts much easier on the eyes.
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #38
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3
Hey, I thought Drew Henson's TD drive against the Ravens was great too, but it meant NOTHING. That's not ignorant, it's accurate analysis.

Many on this board feel that Peek has progressed and has made some wonderful plays, just because we don't think he's the second-coming of Ray Lewis doesn't mean we don't appreciate his contributions.

On a side note: Spacing, spelling and punctuation can make posts much easier on the eyes.

haha thank you ! You are the only one who sees what i was saying about peeks GOOD PLAY !!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read