Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-24-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Texas Bowl Tailgate

*please sticky*

Ok, I'll update this as people reply.

Attending:
Me, Adam, Stef, Dante and Lauren, Jeff and Dean, David (+ Jen?), Bill, Gma and Shadow, Gwallia and his friends

Parking:
Ryan, David, Jeff

Grills: David and Dean (do we need to bring ours? if not, good, we only have 1 parking spot!)

Tents:
Ryan - 20 x 20

Food:
Ryan - chips, candy, "punch"
what do we want our menu to be?

We need to pick a place close by that people can leave their cars at. Unless I read otherwise, we'll start the tailgate at 2. So we'll meet nearby at 1:45 to all climb in together. Can anyone with a parking pass NOT meet at this time?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 12-24-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #2
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Bowl Tailgate

I don't have any tents, and Jen & I won't have any room for riders in the truck since it's a single cab & the back will be loaded down with the grill & equipment.

Food - Anyone for frog legs? I'll probably load up on dogs or burgers or chicken - I'll decide when I go to the store.....
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #3
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

If you guys want to use my tents, just give me a call.
Old 12-25-2007   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still trying to figure out the details. Looks like I might have to work, so Kara will be taking Shadow. She doesn't get off work until 4, so I'm gonna start looking for a parking pass starting tomorrow. SOOOOO, don't know about the tailgating yet. IF, and that is a BIG IF, I can find someone to trade with me, Shadow and I will be there at 2. Just a lot going on, and very hard to plan right now. Let ya all know around Thursday or so.

Gma
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Texas Bowl Tailgate

Ok, since Dante and Gma can't come until later, I don't think we need to meet outside Reliant any more. Bill, get in touch with me, we'll make plans.

We'll bring 1 meat to share and some chips and other snacks

After the last 5 days, I'll be drinking heavily
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-26-2007   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

What time and at what location will the tailgate be?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Greg, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be on the Blue Crew corner of platinum.

Are you all sure the gates will be open at 2? Just wondering.
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2007   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Is there a parking pass needed for this? Or is it just pay as you come in.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Parking passes are required.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not have my parking situation worked out yet (although it looks like I will be in blue lot), but will be over there as soon as I can...
Old 12-26-2007   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Parking passes are required.
Ah, crap. Well...looks like I'm doing some walking then.

That's actually pretty stupid. It's not like this thing is going to be even close to selling out.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

I came up with a platinum pass through the Texans. They also have blue available if ya want to give um a call. Ticketmaster tries to stick you way out in maroon, so don't bother with them. They also told me they will have cash parking available, but I didn't ask how much, or where. Sorry bout that!

Hope to see ya all Friday night. I still won't know until the last minute Friday if I will have to work or not, so I'll have to play along by ear. Regardless, I will find SOMEONE to take Shadow to this game.
Old 12-26-2007   #13
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

Are you all sure the gates will be open at 2? Just wondering.
From the Texas Bowl newsletter.

Quote:
While the Texas Bowl will feature a great college football the activities on game day will start well before kick-off at Reliant Stadium. Parking lots open at 2:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon and the pre-game party, TEXFEST, will open at 3:00 p.m.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I do not have my parking situation worked out yet (although it looks like I will be in blue lot), but will be over there as soon as I can...
Hrrmmm, then sounds like we'll all just meet at our usual spot

Someone shake a stick at Jeff and Dean!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-27-2007   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just found out I'm not going due to work. Damn it. I thought I was finally going to meet some folks on this board, too.

Oh well, I hope you guys enjoy! Be careful.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #16
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Hey, who the hell poked me in the eye with a stick?
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

You folks have fun and raise some hell for me. I will be at a bar of some sorts drinking beer and cheering the Coogs on. Maybe Coach Jenkins can show up and show some inspiration training film footage (inside joke) before the game for the guys in Red.

Have fun and enjoy the Coogs kicking butt and then Sunday the texans kicking butt.
Old 12-28-2007   #18
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Just so you know, last year you could pay at the gate and park. Parking passes were not required. I am thinking it is the same this year. Not sure why the situation would change this year. It was $20 per vehicle in the Blue lot.
Old 12-28-2007   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Looks like things are working out, I was able to get off work, so, I'll see you all around 4 on the Blue Crew corner.
Old 12-29-2007   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Thanks everyone, last night was a blast! Even if it was a little chilly Wish we could have won, though.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read