Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Our scores against Jax?

Does anyone have a list of our final scores against Jacksonville since we started playing football?

I'm trying to convince someone that we usually play Jacksonville tough and have more all time wins than losses. He is convinced that since Jacksonville has looked so good we have no shot and that they have our number.
Old 12-24-2007   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our scores against Jax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Does anyone have a list of our final scores against Jacksonville since we started playing football?

I'm trying to convince someone that we usually play Jacksonville tough and have more all time wins than losses. He is convinced that since Jacksonville has looked so good we have no shot and that they have our number.
we HAVE to win one in the division this year... we take it 20-17.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

2002: @21-19, 21-24
2003: 24-20, @0-27
2004: 20-6, @21-0
2005: @14-21, 20-38
2006: 27-7, @13-10
2007: @17-37, ???

Total record 6-5, but your friend is right. We have no chance ..... OK, little chance. The Jags do not turn the ball over, they run the ball well, and they play very good defense. Our team turns the ball over worse than any team in the NFL, doesn't run the ball well, doesn't defend particularly well against good teams, and doesn't score when it matters. I'd have to look at 3rd down percentages, but I'd be willing to bet the Jags probably have us there, too. Of course, the game still has to be played, so you just never know.
Old 12-24-2007   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

We only have a shot because it's a home game and the Jags are going to be resting due to the fact that they will be in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually pull this one out.

Historically, the team that wins the first game wins the second game. My googling skills aren't up to the task to pull up the final scores of all the Texans vs. Jags games. But I'm pretty sure we've played the Jags well for the most part besides the game at JAX this year and I'm sure we've laid a couple of stinkers to them since our inception besides that one.

I think we'll break the tradition of one team sweeping the divisional game and we'll win a squeaker because JAX has the luxury of looking beyond us and into the playoffs. 8-8 isn't anything to sneeze at. Playoffs in '08.
Old 12-24-2007   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

no secrets this week...we barely ran for 65 yards when we played them earlier, but we gave up 125 and two td's to MJD alone. run the ball better and stop their run.

it seems so long ago that we played them last, and the stat sheets reflects that as well. Ahman and Samkon ran for us last time and Matt was behind center still.

injuries suck.
Old 12-24-2007   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Our team turns the ball over worse than any team in the NFL, doesn't run the ball well, doesn't defend particularly well against good teams, and doesn't score when it matters.
OUCH! LOL

True, sad but true.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #7
whiskeyrbl

Quote:

Total record 6-5, but your friend is right. We have no chance ..... OK, little chance. The Jags do not turn the ball over, they run the ball well, and they play very good defense. Our team turns the ball over worse than any team in the NFL, doesn't run the ball well, doesn't defend particularly well against good teams, and doesn't score when it matters. I'd have to look at 3rd down percentages, but I'd be willing to bet the Jags probably have us there, too. Of course, the game still has to be played, so you just never know.
You forgot 1 very important thing

BATTLE RED DAY
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2007   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

And it's the teams last chance to shed themselves of the loser label and go 500 for the year. Hopefully that inspires them some.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #9
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags will be resting it's starters. You can have this one...we got the playoffs. Although, A big bowl of CREAM DA BEEF would be delicious ....Payback for the broom last year... The Sweep is coming???
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #10
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

*nevermind*

Dang it Mootini, at least give me a FRESH bowl of creme de beef...will ya!

Last edited by FILO_girl; 12-24-2007 at 10:33 AM. Reason: just because
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

agreed...on any given sunday and all of that. We were six points short of the colts at home. If the Texan get under that six, I'll be happy man.

They are on a run and they believe in their young QB. They are palying for each other now. They get any production at all out of their WR spots, they will be a very tough out.
Old 12-24-2007   #12
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately, I think Leftnut had a lot to do with us winning against the Jags. They are a different team now that Gerrard is at the helm. Hopefully they will be resting starters cause I really don't want to see Jones-Drew and Taylor running all over us. Especially since our seats are right behind the Jags bench. Seeing their grinning faces discussing how they torched our D would put me over the edge and make me hemorrhage. Let's keep Jones-Drew's little "flex my muscles" TD celebration out of Reliant.....PLEASE.

OK my Jags hate vent is over....we now continue your regularly scheduled post.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #13
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
You forgot 1 very important thing

BATTLE RED DAY

Ya but it is not Battle Red Day. We are just wearing our red jerseys.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #14
austintexanite
All Pro

I think we win this week. They'll be resting some people in the second half and the team will like to finish off the season on a high note. I predicted 8-8 and I'm sticking to it.
Old 12-24-2007   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I predicted 7-9 and I'm sticking to it. The Jags will have us for lunch, cream da beef, hamburgers, k-bobs, etc etc etc, whatever they want they will get, cause our TEXANS are so damn generous this year they will give um what they want. BET on it!!!!

Gotta love a team that is so GIVING this time of year!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #16
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Unfortunately, I don't like our chances. The Jags are basically our polar opposite. They are consistent, they don't turn the ball over, they have two great running backs, they are healthy, they play great defense (especially against the run), and they don't make stupid mistakes. It may be close if they decide to rest starters...but I'm not seeing a win. Despite the record difference, they are every bit as good as Indy, and Indy just took us to school.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #17
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I just read Houston is a 3-1 favorite to beat Jax...
Old 12-26-2007   #18
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Filo, No Kitty litter cake this weekend???? It's BEEF week. I do like the fact you guys dress up for my Jags...All red and dead? LOL..Just kidding. Here is to a good game and please!!! no injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl View Post
*nevermind*

Dang it Mootini, at least give me a FRESH bowl of creme de beef...will ya!
Old 12-26-2007   #19
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

She... Your team will be in there battle red on Sunday and playing the Jags 2nd stringers....8-8 might be there???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I predicted 7-9 and I'm sticking to it. The Jags will have us for lunch, cream da beef, hamburgers, k-bobs, etc etc etc, whatever they want they will get, cause our TEXANS are so damn generous this year they will give um what they want. BET on it!!!!

Gotta love a team that is so GIVING this time of year!!!
Old 12-26-2007   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
She... Your team will be in there battle red on Sunday and playing the Jags 2nd stringers....8-8 might be there???

That would be nice Moo! I'll take 8-8 anyway I can get it, second stringers, third, kitties laying on their backs with their tails stuck up in the air, or humping all over a BULL'S leg, I DON'T care! lol 8-8 would be a nice way to end the year.

BTW: I can't believe I'm about to say this BUT, I'm SORTA hoping the Jags win our division. I'm SICK of the PM show, and no way in hell would I EVER pull for the Tennheads!!!! Best of luck to your team during the playoffs. I'll be pulling for them against the Steelers!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read