Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2007   #81
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sounds like Kubes has had it with T.J.

I didn't watch many plays, but on one play when Indy scored, I think it was Kenton Keith, DeMeco looked to be in unbearable pain.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #82
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

They tried to blitz plenty of times. Problem is, the Texans' blitzers are TERRIBLE. Sending Morlon Greenwood and Charlie Anderson scares nobody. Then again, Peyton sniffed out every single one of them. He clearly pointed them out, and ran plays the other way. Even I could tell who was blitzing. The safeties moved too soon and it just gave away their positioning.
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #83
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Our defense definately got outcoached. Peyton must've been licking his chops when he saw the cushion our bend but dont break DC was letting our corners give their WRs. Particularly on 3rd down.

How can you get a pass rush going when all Peyton has to do is throw the ball as soon as he gets it and he'll get a 1st down because his WRs are getting a 5 yard cushion on 3rd and 4?
My thoughts exactly. Why run a weak zone with Harrison out? You cant play zone vs the Colts and expect anything else. They will disect you over and over with out mercy. The only way you do beat them has been shown. You blitz and take your lumps. They will kill any soft, blanket zone coverage. You HAVE to get pressure on Peyton and bump the WR. Its the only way. You wont get the pressure with a 4 man rush, ever. Not with the 18 yard cusion you give. I know our DB's arent good, but giving up 30 play drives isnt the way to "protect" them.
Old 12-24-2007   #84
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Said simple, T.J. makes too many mistakes on a team that has very few to spare. He is more of a liability than an asset, I would mind seeing Zgogina (a seasoned veteran) fill in for him for the rest of the season.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #85
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

"We were just totally dominated. We were dominated by them in all three phases. We got outplayed, we got outcoached and we got our butt kicked big time.Ē

- Kubiaks opening statement during post game comments

You know he's right at an extent and yet I get the feeling that they were getting back at us for last year. Maybe Kubes should have thought about that huh bring his "A" game.....right. With all the injuries and so forth good job, heres an "A" for team effort...hilarious.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #86
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

kubiak's monday presser just killed this thread
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #87
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
Yup, dead thread walking from the time it was started:

Quote:
(on the personal fouls against DT Travis Johnson) ďThe first one, the roughing, I donít see it. I donít know what the kid did wrong. It will be interesting to see that the league says. I think it was a mistake. I think the call was a mistake. The kid was just playing ball, Mario (Williams) makes a good play, whatever, but I disagree with that one. The other one, heís a little late. Itís the first play of the second half. We just walked out of the locker room and it wasnít fun in there at halftime and we came out to be aggressive. I like the kidís aggression. He knows he canít hurt the team. He was a little late so it was a mistake on his part.Ē
Old 12-25-2007   #88
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Why run a weak zone with Harrison out? You cant play zone vs the Colts and expect anything else. They will disect you over and over with out mercy. The only way you do beat them has been shown. You blitz and take your lumps. They will kill any soft, blanket zone coverage. You HAVE to get pressure on Peyton and bump the WR. Its the only way. You wont get the pressure with a 4 man rush, ever. Not with the 18 yard cusion you give. I know our DB's arent good, but giving up 30 play drives isnt the way to "protect" them.

Let's see.........if I remember, we picked up Mario for the sole purpose of getting to Manning and beating the Colts. I don't understand why we would need blitzing packages or a well-constructed game plan or a coaching staff that can recognize the need for interim game plan adjustment...................after all, we've got Mario..........and we still didn't win.............go figure...........I just can't understand it.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #89
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Let's see.........if I remember, we picked up Mario for the sole purpose of getting to Manning and beating the Colts. I don't understand why we would need blitzing packages or a well-constructed game plan or a coaching staff that can recognize the need for interim game plan adjustment...................after all, we've got Mario..........and we still didn't win.............go figure...........I just can't understand it.
Happy Holidays...

BTW just having Mario isn't enough, the secondary actually has to cover a guy for a second or two for Mario to get a sack. Peyton has great pocket presence, if he sees a sack coming he's going to avoid it at all costs. There are not many teams that beat Peyton with their front four, not even the Jags were able.

You have to play the WR physical, you have to confuse him and hit him every now and then, and your offense Has to score somehow.

There are alot of teams that have played the Colts one team that beat them the Pats because they have everything. The Chargers...because they have blitzers AND they have that ball hawking CB. Mario can't do it by himself. But I think your post was a bit of a shot at the coaching staff I guess, I just wanted to say that.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #90
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yup, dead thread walking from the time it was started:
Quote:
(on the personal fouls against DT Travis Johnson) “The first one, the roughing, I don’t see it. I don’t know what the kid did wrong. It will be interesting to see that the league says. I think it was a mistake. I think the call was a mistake. The kid was just playing ball, Mario (Williams) makes a good play, whatever, but I disagree with that one. The other one, he’s a little late. It’s the first play of the second half. We just walked out of the locker room and it wasn’t fun in there at halftime and we came out to be aggressive. I like the kid’s aggression. He knows he can’t hurt the team. He was a little late so it was a mistake on his part.”
Yeah, I was in the game thread and made the same comment Kubiak did about what I considered a bad call on TJ in real time. I didn't think the second play was all that smart but at least Kubiak was tearing up their backsides at the half. I know it didn't help the team overcome a year of bad 3rd quarters....but at least he isn't in there looking at his feet.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #91
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

When did Manning actually have to hold the ball? Maybe once or twice and he got sacked as a result. He probably has a much harder time playing Madden then he did yesterday.
Old 12-25-2007   #92
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
When did Manning actually have to hold the ball? Maybe once or twice and he got sacked as a result. He probably has a much harder time playing Madden then he did yesterday.
Manning did a good job of sliding around the pocket because there were a few times I thought we had good pressure but Manning made smart, subtle moves and bought himself a beat or two. A lesser QB gets sacked a couple of times methinks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #93
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Manning did a good job of sliding around the pocket because there were a few times I thought we had good pressure but Manning made smart, subtle moves and bought himself a beat or two. A lesser QB gets sacked a couple of times methinks.
Oh of course. This team desperately needs a good blitzing LB besides Demeco.
Old 12-25-2007   #94
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Enter Jay Cutler
Old 12-26-2007   #95
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting beat by the Colts is something we are quite accustomed to around here. It really came as no surprise that we lost to the Super Bowl Champions again. I just wish we had minimized our mistakes and played with more focus.

As far as TJ is concerned, I will be surprised if he is NOT a Texan next season. Our D-line should be fearsome next year.
Old 12-26-2007   #96
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Getting beat by the Colts is something we are quite accustomed to around here. It really came as no surprise that we lost to the Super Bowl Champions again. I just wish we had minimized our mistakes and played with more focus.

As far as TJ is concerned, I will be surprised if he is NOT a Texan next season. Our D-line should be fearsome next year.

agreed... i fully expect amobi to become a kevin williams-type impact DT next year, mario should continue to improve and travis does a fine job at what he does- i like his intensity and spirit.

and i think kubiak knows we have to move weaver on.. whether its to free agency, dt or backup role. we really need a decent bookend pass rusher to mario cos hes done it all on his own this yr

question of the day- weaver has played here for two yrs- played in 30 games, how many sacks does he have? (i know sacks arent the be all and end all but he doesnt have many hurries either iirc so take a guess)
Old 12-27-2007   #97
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

The biggest problem with Weaver seems to be that he can't get healthy. He has had this recurring shoulder problem for what seems like 2 seasons now.

I know he is a hard worker and a real quality individual, but if he can't stay healthy I don't know how the Texans can keep him due to the salary cap.

If it weren't for the salary cap they could wait on a player like Weaver to heal up, but with the salary cap they can't.
Old 12-27-2007   #98
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

answer: 1 sack.. over two yrs = pathetic
Old 01-03-2008   #99
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't remember seeing this posted:

Quote:
Johnson was flagged earlier in the game for a late hit on Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. Kubiak says the league now says that call was a mistake.

"I said I thought the first one was a no call, which the league said it was," Kubiak said. "They said they were wrong.

"You feel bad for the kid from that standpoint. The second play he's a little bit late on the play.

"I love his effort," Kubiak said. "That's part of the game."
Link

I wish the teams would discuss more about what the NFL says were bad calls.
Old 01-03-2008   #100
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think TJ has made some progress. I'd rather to see him get hit with a penalty to set an agressive tone for the D (as long as it's not dirty).
But he still has to get better, sooner.

Weaver, I think, is not "really" asked to go after the QB. More as containment, so that other guys can do that (including Babin and Peek last year) like Mario, Okoye, Cochran, Orr, and some LB or safety on a blitz.

I recall a sack by Orr very early in the year. Weaver should have been credited for half a sack, or at least a quarter of the sack, because he flushed the QB to the other side.

He even dropped back on a few pass plays.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read