Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2007   #41
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sounds like Kubes has had it with T.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
When the head coach admits being outcoached in his opening post-game comments, who's to argue? I don't think he was taking one for the team.

I agree with him, especially in the context of the defensive game plan - whatever it was.
That is a pretty common answer by coaches when they get spanked, Shannahan said the same or similar thing last week when we beat Denver. I dont have a problem with those comments because they are true. However, some of you guys need to chill the heck out. Kubiak has done a good job with this team. Sure he makes mistakes but not really that often. Every coach makes mistakes it is just a matter of how he learns from them. He does not make the same mistakes over and over again so I think jumping all over Kubes when we lose and then not saying jack when he wins is petty.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #42
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
That is a pretty common answer by coaches when they get spanked.
That's why I said "I don't think he was taking one for the team" (because I think he believed it, and it wasn't lip service). Kubiak typically says things like 'we all need to get better - players, coaches, etc., but he typically doesn't play the 'outcoached' card.

Quote:
However, some of you guys need to chill the heck out... I think jumping all over Kubes when we lose and then not saying jack when he wins is petty. .
If that's directed at me, I'd recommend that you to pay closer attention.

Last edited by aj.; 12-24-2007 at 09:41 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #43
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is a pretty common answer by coaches when they get spanked, Shannahan said the same or similar thing last week when we beat Denver. I dont have a problem with those comments because they are true. However, some of you guys need to chill the heck out. Kubiak has done a good job with this team. Sure he makes mistakes but not really that often. Every coach makes mistakes it is just a matter of how he learns from them. He does not make the same mistakes over and over again so I think jumping all over Kubes when we lose and then not saying jack when he wins is petty.
So is exaggerating Travis Johnson's personal foul issue. Travis Johnson only has 4 Personal Fouls for the entire season. It just so happens that 2 of them were in yesterday's game. Some of the people on this board are acting like he gets a Personal Foul every week and that's just not so.

If I remember correctly, Kubiak said something about needing to go back and look at the film. I'm sure that when he does he will agree with most others that the first call was ticky-tacky and not TJ's fault.

I sincerely doubt that Kubiak will get rid of Travis Johnson after this season. His play has improved, even though he isn't playing his natural position, 3 Technique Defensive Tackle. He has instead been playing Nose Tackle, a position he isn't ideally suited to playing. While I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans sign a real Nose Tackle, like an Albert Haynesworth, but I doubt that they can afford to do that with so many other needs on the team and their salary cap situation. I also doubt that they could do that and keep TJ, and I don't want them to get rid of TJ.
Old 12-24-2007   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't see the game, but after reading a lot of the comments, I am beginning to wonder folks really are trying to blame the loss on one person, which is pretty silly. The Texans just don't have what it takes to compete with the big boys yet, it's that plain and simple. TJ may be an ass, and he is, but he didn't lose the game for us.

From reading all the threads here it looks to be another team wide effort, including the coaching staff, on this loss.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #45
whiskeyrbl

If I were to try to blame one person it would be Richard Smith and his Defensive game plan, or lack of. How do you not press recievers at the line, or try to blitz Manning more than three times in a game. It can't be because he is scared they will get burned, they did anyway!!!! In all fairness this loss goes from McNair to the waterboys as who's to blame. We are not able to overcome our mistakes especially against teams with the capabilities of Indy. Kubes said before the season we were still 1 or 2 years away. I know it's frustrating to watch year in and year out, to be so close and watch it fade away. Hell some of us here remember the late 60's - early 70's with the Oilers, painfull. But when we went to the playoffs (a then record) 7 consecutive years it was really SWEET. Blow your steam out this week. Get ready for the Jags, just don't give up on what we are building here. Fine wine takes time.
Old 12-24-2007   #46
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have a built in excuse anyway. It takes Ron Dayne to beat the Colts.

He's our Colt killer--only reason he's still in football (little exaggeration there).

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #47
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that Kubes was blaming anyone for a loss. I think this is a collection of two years worth of personal fouls and defensive holding penalties.

TJ has a high motor, is aggressive, and doesn't have any quit. But he is a bone head. He has been in this league for three years now. He should know better.

TJ is a liability just like Peek was. TJ's penalties are the serious ones, defensive holding is an automatic first down, personal fouls are an automatic first down. Its hard to get off the field as a defensive unit if you keep doing things like that.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2007   #48
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
So is exaggerating Travis Johnson's personal foul issue. Travis Johnson only has 4 Personal Fouls for the entire season. It just so happens that 2 of them were in yesterday's game. Some of the people on this board are acting like he gets a Personal Foul every week and that's just not so.

If I remember correctly, Kubiak said something about needing to go back and look at the film. I'm sure that when he does he will agree with most others that the first call was ticky-tacky and not TJ's fault.

I sincerely doubt that Kubiak will get rid of Travis Johnson after this season. His play has improved, even though he isn't playing his natural position, 3 Technique Defensive Tackle. He has instead been playing Nose Tackle, a position he isn't ideally suited to playing. While I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans sign a real Nose Tackle, like an Albert Haynesworth, but I doubt that they can afford to do that with so many other needs on the team and their salary cap situation. I also doubt that they could do that and keep TJ, and I don't want them to get rid of TJ.
Thank you Battle Red Toro.

Excellent post.

I feel that Kubiak threw TJ under the bus, therefore my rant against Kubiak.

I haven't noticed any posters on this site feeling the need to start a bogus
"Hey TJ... Manning just dissed your mamma thread" to help fire him up for a game.

Kubes has a lot to learn. We need more Travis Johnsons on this team.

I nominate myself for president of the Travis Johnson fan club.

Old 12-24-2007   #49
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe TJ can be traded for the fatass DT the Texans have always needed.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #50
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Late hits on the quarterback and other personal fouls have kept the defense on the field. its something Kubiak has to address the public release is up to debate, not sure if that was out of frustration, something that was building up throughout the season or not, but clearly TJ is the leader in the clubhouse in boneheaded penaltys. remember KC & Travis Johnson's taunting of Trent Green, lucky IMO that did'nt cost him more than a 15-yard penalty. this type of behavior just does not represent what the Texans organization is all about, clearly he has become that square peg trying to fit into a round hole.

Anyone venture a guess about his trade value? maybe package a deal with Weaver to aquire a 2nd rd. pick?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #51
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Your taking one situation and making a point. I am looking at the total package of Kubiak, not just one game or one issue.

There is an old saying, people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

You wanna scapegoat TJ, fine.

Are these personal fouls an issue and a cost to the team, of course they are. But not really when you look at the big picture of what is going on and all the other problems there are.

Bottom line is Kubiak should have handled this in house. Calling a player out like that really isn't the best thing to do under any circumstance, doing it in this circumstance just seems foolish.
Besides, when does Kubiak give a straight answer anyway half the time?

Which brings me probably to the real issue, these two guys don't like each other. Which is probably why Kubiak said what he said, which shows is very poor coaching on his part if that is the case.

As every week goes by, it seems clear Kubiak is in over his head.

Next week will really be interesting to say the least...
How many times have I seen here that Kubiak a player is doing well and he is consistant and people blast Kubiak for giving a comapny line or not fully disclose injuries (like everyother damn team) and he is taken to task for it. Being blasted for not saying publicly a player did poorly when most everyone here thinks the player is sucking.

Now he calls a player out after being frustrated with the repeated flagerant fouls. It may not just be about this one instance but a compilation of all the penalties over the course of the season. Maybe Coach Kubiak is as frustrated as the rest of us with those penalties and he thought it needed to be address pubilcly. But since he is not a certain other D-Lineman he should not be called out publicly like others have wanted a certain other player called out publicly.

Besides not a single one of you know what conversations took place between TJ and Coach Kubiak after the first penalty.
Old 12-24-2007   #52
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TJ wasn't the only one to place blame on for this game.

Coaching is about decision making.

This really isn't about TJ as much as how Kubiak handled this situation. Which was very poorly. Same as his clock management skills.
What??? A coach calls out a player publicly for getting stupid penalties all season?!?! FIRE HIM

No really, Kubiak will be here next year and that's that. He's already gotten the team to tying it's best record Kubiak is going nowhere this offseason, or probably next barring a horrific meltdown.

TJ, on the otherhand, has underperformed significantly his entire career. And this "give a damn attitude" that some of you are slobbering over has only appeared this season, in his contract year. Get over it, TJ is a mediocre player at best, and gets really dumb drive sustaining penalties a lot more than he should at worst. I fully expect him to be wearing a different colored jersey at the start of next year.

But really, trying to say Kubiak is terrible because he slams one player at a press converence, LOL. Some of you posters on here are the ones that are "terrible".
Old 12-24-2007   #53
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TJ wasn't the only one to place blame on for this game.

Coaching is about decision making.

This really isn't about TJ as much as how Kubiak handled this situation. Which was very poorly. Same as his clock management skills.
Colts were very prepared and we were not. They knew what we were going to do befor we knew. The big problem I had with the game is that when they ran out the second and third team guys on their roster, we still could not compete with them. And that one falls squarly on the player's shoulders. The "our players were hurt" one doesn't fly either...they had guys out also. The bottom line was their oline manhandled our D-line. And our o-line barly registered a heart beat. We got beat by a much more tallented team. They litteraly beat us down.

Well on T.J. the bottom line is this is football. What I know this morning for a fact is there is one guy on this team who can not stand to loose, and that is Travis Johnson. If you don't have the stomache to rough up Manning a little bit...you're in the wrong sport, but are on the correct team.

This football team is soft.

It's coached soft, so it should be no surprise that it plays soft. Do you want Manning's head on a platter or not ? T.J. my not be an Einstien but he's got that one figured out. To beat the colts you gotta rough up manning a bit. You wanna beat'em fair and square, you don't wanna beat them bad enough...yet.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-24-2007 at 10:02 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #54
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll ask everybody here, where was this "TJ has the I don't want to lose attitude" and "TJ is the only one who gives a damn" last season? Or the season before that? Was he the only one giving a damn while totally living up to his 1st round selection on the bench?

All of a sudden he's playing for a contract and he comes out and actually cracks the starting rotation and people are in love with the guy now? I just don't get it.

How much money do you guys think TJ is going to want this off season? What would you peeps re-sign him for?
Old 12-24-2007   #55
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I'll ask everybody here, where was this "TJ has the I don't want to lose attitude" and "TJ is the only one who gives a damn" last season? Or the season before that? Was he the only one giving a damn while totally living up to his 1st round selection on the bench?

All of a sudden he's playing for a contract and he comes out and actually cracks the starting rotation and people are in love with the guy now? I just don't get it.

How much money do you guys think TJ is going to want this off season? What would you peeps re-sign him for?
You will find no post of mine saying I'm in love with Travis Johnson. I understand the situation of where and how we aquired him. I undertand he turned the jets on this season for the contract. I have consitantly maintained that he is way over payed for what he brings to the table. And if he doesn't take a pay cut this off season they should cut him... out right.

However, he is not soft.
Old 12-24-2007   #56
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9067 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
You will find no post of mine saying I'm in love with Travis Johnson. I understand the situation of where and how we aquired him. I undertand he turned the jets on this season for the contract. I have consitantly maintained that he is way over payed for what he brings to the table. And if he doesn't take a pay cut this off season they should cut him... out right.

However, he is not soft.
The guy is under contract through 2011. He also has a base salary of around 700K next year.

I dont now what kind of contract he was playing for. More like playing not to be cut.

I don't know where it came from, but this idea that TJ is one if the highest paid players on the team is wrong.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #57
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Okay we get rid of TJ...who else has a mean streak on that defense?

Who else...most Championship teams have a rebel, all good teams do. We know Dunta isn't a nice guy on defense...but I think TJ is the only guy on our Dline that plays with the thought of "Someone's going to get hurt today."

I also really liked his play this season and Kubiak is fooling himself if he thought TJ hurt the team...okay Mario gets the sack...you know what would have happened...the Colts would throw for about 20 yards and get a first yard, our defense did not stop Manning once all game, everytime our defense made a stop it was because the Colts did something wrong this game.

I am not for getting rid of TJ. He knows he screwed up the guy just made a mistake. Just like our whole team did that day. TJs mistake though was in the heat of action the first one was ticky tack and full of BS, the second though understandable. Its not like he did it on purpose, he wouldn't hurt his team on purpose he just wasn't thinking at the time is all.

Also playing with that wreckless abandon during football usually is a good thing, I can't remember who said it Deacon, LT, or some other HOF Def player, but you have to be crazy to play football.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #58
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebleminded View Post
The guy is under contract through 2011. He also has a base salary of around 700K next year.

I dont now what kind of contract he was playing for. More like playing not to be cut.

I don't know where it came from, but this idea that TJ is one if the highest paid players on the team is wrong.
Link please.

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/footb...=J&player=3814

Johnson, Travis
Year Team Base Salary Sign Bonus Other Bonus Total Salary Cap Value Position
2007 Texans $ 435,000 $ 0 $ 355,280 $ 1,182,780 $ 1,630,780 DE
2006 Texans $ 350,000 $ 0 $ 5,215,940 $ 5,565,940 $ 1,397,940 DE
2005 Texans $ 230,000 $ 0 $ 1,060,000 $ 1,290,000 $ 1,290,000 DE

And I have never posted also, that he is the highest payed player on the team. What I have always posted is he is way overpaid for what he brings to the table. I stand by both points.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-24-2007 at 10:57 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

A few more details:

Quote:
7/30/2005: Signed a five-year, $10.2 million contract. The deal includes $7.77 million in guarantees. 2007: $435,000, 2008: $707,500, 2009: $1,030,000, 2010: $1,352,500, 2011: $1,675,000, 2012: Free Agent

Link: Rotoworld
Old 12-24-2007   #60
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
What??? A coach calls out a player publicly for getting stupid penalties all season?!?! FIRE HIM

You talking to me?

I re-read my posts. Don't see where I have called for anyones firing.

All season? Slight exaggeration, but expected.

No really, Kubiak will be here next year and that's that. He's already gotten the team to tying it's best record Kubiak is going nowhere this offseason, or probably next barring a horrific meltdown.

Tying its best record. Yeah...thats what he was brought here to do..

TJ, on the otherhand, has underperformed significantly his entire career. And this "give a damn attitude" that some of you are slobbering over has only appeared this season, in his contract year. Get over it, TJ is a mediocre player at best, and gets really dumb drive sustaining penalties a lot more than he should at worst. I fully expect him to be wearing a different colored jersey at the start of next year.

Slobbering over?

Regardless of his reason. TJ is playing much better this year, so yeah, lets get rid of him by all means.

But really, trying to say Kubiak is terrible because he slams one player at a press converence, LOL. Some of you posters on here are the ones that are "terrible".
You are right..I am so ashamed, I am so terrible...Kubiak is a keeper.

TJ should have stopped the Colts offense and given the ball back to our offensive juggernaut of a team. Oh..knocking Manning out of the game is one way of doing this.

Fifteen yards and a fine might be worth it. Happens all the time. ( see Shaub, Matt.. starting QB for the Houston Texans).

Nevermind .... that would ruin our image, other teams wouldn't look forward to playing against us anymore.

Run TJ out of town.

edit: I did not watch the game. At what point did TJs penalty occur. Was it early or was it late in the game, with Peyton still passing with a 35 15 lead? Inquiring mind has to ask.

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 12-24-2007 at 11:08 AM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read