Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2007   #21
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sounds like Kubes has had it with T.J.

man, i can't believe how knee-jerk you guys are after losing a game on the road to the superbowl champs down a starting QB/RB and lacking an NFL secondary. jesus h. christ. talent-wise, we have a lot of work to do. get over it.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #22
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
man, i can't believe how knee-jerk you guys are after losing a game on the road to the superbowl champs down a starting QB/RB and lacking an NFL secondary. jesus h. christ. talent-wise, we have a lot of work to do. get over it.
Hey just for the record. I don't think I've changed much from week to week. Though I have to admit I was wrong about our receivers. WAAAAAAY WRONG

Mik

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

DeMeco Ryan is playing hurt, when can you remember him having only two tackles in a game? think that might have had something to do with all those missed tackles no wonder the defense looked so bad. when your rookie cb leads the team in tackles (11) you know your in trouble
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208045 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Unbelievable.

I watched channel 13s inside the game tonight.

I say BS to what I was hearing.

Kubiak getting on TJs case about the two penalties. BS

Bob Allen getting on TJs case about the penalties. BS

Spencer Tillman (what makes him an expert) getting on TJs case. BS.

Kubiak saying that if TJ continues to hurt the team he will not play. BS

Get a clue Kubiak… TJs two penalties, one highly dubious by the way, didn’t lose the game.

Hurting the team?

Lets talk about O linemen missing blocks and hurting the team. or

Wideouts who cannot get open. or

A qb throwing ints. all over the field. Lets bench them instead.

I am not too knowledgeable about game plans and the x’s and o’s, but a few people who do know question your game planning and second half adjustments ( ? ) Bench yourself.

You have a patchwork of castoffs playing your defensive backfield, letting the opposing players run amok in the secondary. Bench them.

You wanna blame TJ? Blame TJ? BS.

I will take penalties of aggression anytime.

TJ….Don’t let the desperate coaches, tv announcers or message board posters get you down. Hang in there and play aggressive, take a chance at making a play. I’ll take a 15 yard’er to try and get to Manning. It worked on Shaub…didn’t it.

We have enough nice guy losers on this team already.

Remove me from the Kubiak bandwagon.

Unless you're just PO'd at Kubiak for choosing TJ to be the whipping boy, I don't see how anything you've said equates to a problem with Kubak. *shrug*

As for TJ, the first one was a penalty of aggression, and on Manning. I didn't have a problem with that one, and like other posters have said, it was a ticky-tack call. The second one was blatantly stupid. He was just trying to get a lick in when the player was clearly down, AND he led with the helmet to the back of the other guy's helmet. Aggressive play is good when coupled with intelligence. TJ has had problems all year with personal fouls and defensive holding. Defensive holding is so infrequently called against anyone else on the team, or hell, any other team when I watch other games.

TJ bears some responsibility for his play, especially over the course of the season, but no, he isn't the reason we lost the game. It was a total team loss.
Old 12-24-2007   #25
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
DeMeco Ryan is playing hurt, when can you remember him having only two tackles in a game? think that might have had something to do with all those missed tackles no wonder the defense looked so bad. when your rookie cb leads the team in tackles (11) you know your in trouble
forgot about that too... i was wondering where he was all game!

-Ben Franklin
Old 12-24-2007   #26
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
When AJ is open, very open, and your QB throws behind him for a pick that starts the downhill slide, I'm wondering what adjustments you'd make. Rosenfels played like crap. Period. There is only so much coaching you can do when your QB sucks. Funny, that sounds like a familiar refrain, huh?
Your taking one situation and making a point. I am looking at the total package of Kubiak, not just one game or one issue.

There is an old saying, people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

You wanna scapegoat TJ, fine.

Are these personal fouls an issue and a cost to the team, of course they are. But not really when you look at the big picture of what is going on and all the other problems there are.

Bottom line is Kubiak should have handled this in house. Calling a player out like that really isn't the best thing to do under any circumstance, doing it in this circumstance just seems foolish.

Besides, when does Kubiak give a straight answer anyway half the time?

Which brings me probably to the real issue, these two guys don't like each other. Which is probably why Kubiak said what he said, which shows is very poor coaching on his part if that is the case.

As every week goes by, it seems clear Kubiak is in over his head.

Next week will really be interesting to say the least...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #27
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree with all that you typed, minus the knee jerk.

Get over what?

Get over Kubiak placing blame on the only player in the game that had any semblance of a give a damn attitude?
Old 12-24-2007   #28
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
[/b]

I agree with all that you typed, minus the knee jerk.

Get over what?

Get over Kubiak placing blame on the only player in the game that had any semblance of a give a damn attitude?
where in in his words does he place blame on TJ for an entire loss? what he said was right: boneheaded plays hurt a football team. that second (and VERY blatant) penalty did just that... and how that penalty is attributed to "having a give a damn" attitude is way beyond me... how is losing your head and getting your team penalized showing you "give a damn"? i hate losing as much as the next man, but i think you're looking WAY too hard into a couple of sentences.

-Ben Franklin
Old 12-24-2007   #29
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208045 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Your taking one situation and making a point. I am looking at the total package of Kubiak, not just one game or one issue.

There is an old saying, people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

You wanna scapegoat TJ, fine.

Are these personal fouls an issue and a cost to the team, of course they are. But not really when you look at the big picture of what is going on.

Bottom line is Kubiak should have handled this in house. Calling a player out like that really isn't the best thing to do under any circumstance, doing it in this circumstance just seems foolish.

Besides, when does Kubiak give a straight answer anyway half the time?

Which brings me probably to the real issue, these two guys don't like each other. Which is probably why Kubiak said what he said, which shows is very poor coaching on his part if that is the case.

As every week goes by, it seems clear Kubiak is in over his head.

Next week will really be interesting to say the least...
I agree with that completely, and TJ shouldn't be made a scapegoat in any case. In agreeing to that, I still don't come to the same conclusions some of y'all appear to. Kubiak has made some mistakes along the way, but he hasn't cost us games. The players on the field have decided games. Today's loss is fresh in all our minds, but the bottom line is that the team has performed better under Kubiak than at any point in history, and that's with 17 players on IR, the best player missing half the season, and his main QB banged up for a few of the 11 games he played in. He was already dealing with a talent shortage, than on top of that, we lead the league in injuries. Some of the premier talent he does have is still young, raw, and has quite a ways to go. Mario is 21 or 22. Demeco is 21 or 22. Okoye is 20. Schaub is just into his first year with any significant playing time. This is Walter's first year with any significant playing time. OD is only in his second year. Winston is only in his second year.

With all of this, Kubiak has turned this offense into an NFL-caliber offense. It still has problems, but it's night versus day compared to anything we've ever seen here in Houston. 2004 was the closest, and that was for maybe half a season. The defense, which is not Kubiak's forte, as everyone already knows, can take over games at times. As they mature, they'll become even more of a force.

Kubiak will be fine.
Old 12-24-2007   #30
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ wasn't the only one to place blame on for this game.

Coaching is about decision making.

This really isn't about TJ as much as how Kubiak handled this situation. Which was very poorly. Same as his clock management skills.
Old 12-24-2007   #31
Hall of Fame

Quote:

This really isn't about TJ as much as how Kubiak handled this situation. Which was very poorly. Same as his clock management skills.
haha, his clock management skills need work... but goddang, you're making mt. everest out of a coke line. i wouldn't even call it a "situation".

-Ben Franklin
Old 12-24-2007   #32
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:

There have been so many other situations in the past two years where fans have clamored for accountability. TJ did something stupid and hurt his team. He didn't lose the game for us, but he still hurt his team. He basically erased a potential drive-killing sack by Mario and then gave them 15 yards again later, after being warned after the first one. Accountability matters. Kubiak should have done it in house, I agree.

As for Kubiak's clock management skills, I can point out clock management gaffes by most of the other coaches in the league. I watch plenty of games, and at one point or another, wonder what the hell just about every coach was thinking. The bottom line is, they haven't lost games for us, and they haven't even cost us as badly as TJ's penalties today (or Pitts' false starts for YEARS).

Sidebar - how the hell does the CENTER get a false start? WTF was that? Anyway ....

I agree with your sentiment; I just don't see how you can come to the conclusion that you've reached. *shrug* No worries, though.
Old 12-24-2007   #33
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I agree with that completely, and TJ shouldn't be made a scapegoat in any case. In agreeing to that, I still don't come to the same conclusions some of y'all appear to. Kubiak has made some mistakes along the way, but he hasn't cost us games. The players on the field have decided games. Today's loss is fresh in all our minds, but the bottom line is that the team has performed better under Kubiak than at any point in history, and that's with 17 players on IR, the best player missing half the season, and his main QB banged up for a few of the 11 games he played in. He was already dealing with a talent shortage, than on top of that, we lead the league in injuries. Some of the premier talent he does have is still young, raw, and has quite a ways to go. Mario is 21 or 22. Demeco is 21 or 22. Okoye is 20. Schaub is just into his first year with any significant playing time. This is Walter's first year with any significant playing time. OD is only in his second year. Winston is only in his second year.

With all of this, Kubiak has turned this offense into an NFL-caliber offense. It still has problems, but it's night versus day compared to anything we've ever seen here in Houston. 2004 was the closest, and that was for maybe half a season. The defense, which is not Kubiak's forte, as everyone already knows, can take over games at times. As they mature, they'll become even more of a force.

Kubiak will be fine.
Yes, the Texans are starting to score some quality points.

But, it's the same old song and dance when they play a good team, which is get their jocks handed to them.

Kubiak is an ok coach, but I don't see him has taking us to the playoffs in the next couple of years. Especially considering the conference and division we are in.
Old 12-24-2007   #34
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
haha, his clock management skills need work... but goddang, you're making mt. everest out of a coke line. i wouldn't even call it a "situation".
It's very poor management skills for a supervisor to call an employee out like that publicly.

Kubiak has every right to get after TJ for this stupid crap. Hell, put Ben Gay in TJ's jock for 5 weeks straight until he doesn't get flaged for a personal foul. Go for it, great idea.

But, the public doesn't need to know about it. Particarily, in the same game where a lot of other players contributed to same old song and dance loss seems foolish to be pointing fingers at anybody.

Kubiak just elaborated too much...

Which is poor decision making, and coaching is all about decision making.
Old 12-24-2007   #35
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's very poor management skills for a supervisor to call an employee out like that publicly.

Kubiak has every right to get after TJ for this stupid crap. Hell, put Ben Gay in TJ's jock for 5 weeks straight until he doesn't get flaged for a personal foul. Go for it, great idea.

But, the public doesn't need to know about it. Particarily, in the same game where a lot of other players contributed to same old song and dance loss seems foolish to be pointing fingers at anybody.

Kubiak just elaborated too much...

Which is poor decision making, and coaching is all about decision making.
in fairness to kubiak, i don't think he called him out actively, i think he was just answering a question... still, i don't blame him for singling TJ out... nobody else on the team had a personal foul. last i checked, this is NOT the first time TJ has been called out publicly by kubiak. i'm sure TJ can handle it, and if by some strange reason he thinks it's unwarranted, he's wrong.

-Ben Franklin
Old 12-24-2007   #36
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

None of the other guys are stupid enough to get personal fouls. TJ is 3rd in the league (or that's what was said) in getting called for personal fouls.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #37
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
in fairness to kubiak, i don't think he called him out actively, i think he was just answering a question... still, i don't blame him for singling TJ out... nobody else on the team had a personal foul. last i checked, this is NOT the first time TJ has been called out publicly by kubiak. i'm sure TJ can handle it, and if by some strange reason he thinks it's unwarranted, he's wrong.
Kubiak should just do it, not talk about it or give details, and let the media and the fans figure it out for themselves.
Old 12-24-2007   #38
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ's last PF was absolutely Bone Head and he knew it before he did it. Helmet to Helmet. I bet he gets fined and hopefully suspended. It was just plain Bone Head. Come on TJ, We have more people on the team than yourself, Have some respect.
Old 12-24-2007   #39
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

When the head coach admits being outcoached in his opening post-game comments, who's to argue? I don't think he was taking one for the team.

Quote:
"We were just totally dominated. We were dominated by them in all three phases. We got outplayed, we got outcoached and we got our butt kicked big time.”

- Kubiaks opening statement during post game comments
I agree with him, especially in the context of the defensive game plan - whatever it was.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #40
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man AJ, did we really have a defensive game plan, I thought our defense left after the first series.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read