Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2007   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sounds like Kubes has had it with T.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubiak
He hurt his football team. Twice. Ya know I gotta go back and look at the plays in fairness to him, but uh, regardless he hurt his football team twice on the field and its not going to happen. And if that happens somebody else is going to be on the field he's not going to hurt his team.
http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html

I don't think TJ will be wearing Texan colors for very much longer. Which is too bad cus I like the guys mean streak. He is just a bone head. Kinda like Peek was.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #2
austintexanite
All Pro

Default Re: Sounds like Kubes has had it with T.J.

I saw the first PF, which was BS, but wasn't able to watch the 2nd one.
Old 12-23-2007   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The first one I thought was pretty ticky-tack. Peyton Manning gets that call and maybe a few other QB's do too but TJ was already in motion when Manning went down. It was a classic "Put a skirt on him" call.

The second one I thought was just plain foolish considering that the refs had pretty much already established that they were going to be calling this one pretty close.

TJ doesn't think and a player who doesn't think is a liability.
Old 12-23-2007   #4
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

The personal foul after Mario's sack was a bad call IMO. How are defenders supposed to stop their momentum when they're going for the sack? It seemed the team fell apart after it, so I can see why Kubiak's angry about it.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

the first one was the worst calls i've seen in a long time... the second was blatant.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I saw the first PF, which was BS, but wasn't able to watch the 2nd one.
Well, if you had of, you wouldn't be complaining about the first one. Don't be surprised if he doesn't get fined by the league.

Last edited by Marcus; 12-23-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that TJ is one of those players that has a rep with refs and gets doesn't get any kind of slack.

Between his Defensive holding and personal fouls he is a drive sustaining penalty waiting to happen.

Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2007   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
TJ doesn't think and a player who doesn't think is a liability.
Yeah, I think that's pretty much how Kubiak is looking at it.
Old 12-23-2007   #9
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, kinda sad when a 20 yrd kick off return is part of your high lights. Mario had a damn good sack.
Old 12-23-2007   #10
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Everyone is pretty sure that Amobi is going to be a beast a couple years from now. The problem is we need someone like Fat Albert in the middle of our DL NOW if we want to compete in the toughest division in football!!!

TJ hasn't lived up to his 1st round draft pick even when he plays well. His penalties (I didn't agree with the 1st one, but as a whole on the season) have to be weighed in when looking at his performance. His highlights have not made up for his mistakes. We need an impact DT and we need to get rid of TJ imo. He's got talent, but he lacks the smarts and methinks he'll be in Kubes doghouse from now on.
Old 12-23-2007   #11
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak wants to pull out the scorecard of who hurts the Texans, not just factoring in personal foul penalties, he might not have a job.

Kubiak just got flat out, out coached again.

He needs to look in the mirror first and all the other problems with this team before calling anyone out publicly.

If he is going to have a reasonable standard, not just personal foul penalties, of who should not be on the team because they hurt the team too much, the Texans probably wouldn't have a full 47 man roster and less a few coaches.

First, I understand the TJ issue, but one penalty was BS. Second, it's not like these two penalties are the reason the Texans or without them, they would have won.

Kubiak needs to get a grip...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Speaking of Mario, did anyone catch his interview on Inside The Game and see those earrings of his?

I know he's rich as hell, but jeezus, they looked like 10 carats each.
Old 12-24-2007   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
If Kubiak wants to pull out the scorecard of who hurts the Texans, not just factoring in personal foul penalties, he might not have a job.

He needs to look in the mirror first and all the other problems with this team before calling anyone out publicly.

If he is going to have a reasonable standard, not just personal foul penalties, of who should not be on the team because they hurt the team too much, the Texans probably wouldn't have a full 47 man roster and less a few coaches.

First, I understand the TJ issue, but one penalty was BS. Second, it's not like these two penalties are the reason the Texans or without them, they would have won.

Offensively we had a pretty good game plan. Its not Kubes fault people drop the football, run the wrong routes, or throw 3 INT's.

Defensively, well thats different. I think that everyone should be prepared to have Smith come back next year. I believe he will get a pass due to all the injuries on the Defensive side of the ball. I am sure that is what his excuse is for playing a soft defense against Indy.

Old 12-24-2007   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
thats excatly what he's doing. can't say it any better than Hervoyel, "TJ doesn't think and a player who doesn't think is a liability". its not like this was an isolated incident either, he's killed defensive stands all season with stupid, flagrant, personel fouls.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh . . bullshit!

Manning lights up the defense for over 300 yards, Rosenfels throws like crap, and yet they lose because Kubiak "got outcoached"?

Right!
Old 12-24-2007   #16
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Oh . . bullshit!

Manning lights up the defense for over 300 yards, Rosenfels throws like crap, and yet they lose because Kubiak "got outcoached"?

Right!
The team didn't show and no adjustments. That is coaching, plain and simple.

Look, I understand Kubiak is going at this short handed when he is going up against the Colts, but I just don't get the feeling Kubiak is going to bring a winner if he had all the parts anyway.

Kind of like Carr and the offensive line issue.

Besides, pointing the finger at any one person right now just seems pointless. That is really my main issue with Kubiak.

TJ kicked off this team isn't going to make the Texans better or would have given them any better chance to win against Colts today.

So, it's not as crazy as you think if you look at from a different perspective.

Nice try, I'll give you an A for effort, just like everyone else does for Kubiak and wish for next year.

Ha!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
The team didn't show and no adjustments. That is coaching, plain and simple.

Look, I understand Kubiak is going at this short handed when he is going up against the Colts, but I just don't get the feeling Kubiak is going to bring a winner if he had all the parts anyway.

Kind of like Carr and the offensive line issue.

Besides, pointing the finger at any one person right now just seems pointless. That is really my main issue with Kubiak.

TJ kicked off this team isn't going to make the Texans better or would have given them any better chance to win against Colts today.

So, it's not as crazy as you think if you look at from a different perspective.

Nice try, I'll give you an A for effort, just like everyone else does for Kubiak and wish for next year.

Ha!
When AJ is open, very open, and your QB throws behind him for a pick that starts the downhill slide, I'm wondering what adjustments you'd make. Rosenfels played like crap. Period. There is only so much coaching you can do when your QB sucks. Funny, that sounds like a familiar refrain, huh?
Old 12-24-2007   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Our defense definately got outcoached. Peyton must've been licking his chops when he saw the cushion our bend but dont break DC was letting our corners give their WRs. Particularly on 3rd down.

How can you get a pass rush going when all Peyton has to do is throw the ball as soon as he gets it and he'll get a 1st down because his WRs are getting a 5 yard cushion on 3rd and 4?
Old 12-24-2007   #19
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Unbelievable.

I watched channel 13s inside the game tonight.

I say BS to what I was hearing.

Kubiak getting on TJs case about the two penalties. BS

Bob Allen getting on TJs case about the penalties. BS

Spencer Tillman (what makes him an expert) getting on TJs case. BS.

Kubiak saying that if TJ continues to hurt the team he will not play. BS

Get a clue Kubiak… TJs two penalties, one highly dubious by the way, didn’t lose the game.

Hurting the team?

Lets talk about O linemen missing blocks and hurting the team. or

Wideouts who cannot get open. or

A qb throwing ints. all over the field. Lets bench them instead.

I am not too knowledgeable about game plans and the x’s and o’s, but a few people who do know question your game planning and second half adjustments ( ? ) Bench yourself.

You have a patchwork of castoffs playing your defensive backfield, letting the opposing players run amok in the secondary. Bench them.

You wanna blame TJ? Blame TJ? BS.

I will take penalties of aggression anytime.

TJ….Don’t let the desperate coaches, tv announcers or message board posters get you down. Hang in there and play aggressive, take a chance at making a play. I’ll take a 15 yard’er to try and get to Manning. It worked on Shaub…didn’t it.

We have enough nice guy losers on this team already.

Remove me from the Kubiak bandwagon.

Old 12-24-2007   #20
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a generalization. Usually I go back and do some research but I don't have time right now but I think 3rd quarters are our worst quarter by far. It seems like we get out coached between the end of the 1st half and the beginning of the 4th quarter week in and week out. I don't know how much of it has to do with Kubes having to learn to make adjustments. I don't honestly know if you learn to make them or if its natural.

Oh a note to our QBs:

I know that every time I look at Manning on the sideline (when you can see him not just when its focused on him) he's either talking to someone (hand motioning making me think he's talking about a play) or he's looking at the snapshots.

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read