Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2007   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default :: Sigh ::

I'm a little aggrivated this evening. I had thought that the Texans had really improved and were alot different team than they'd ever been. I felt our defense was really going to be a presense on the field and our offense was going to unload on someone. At the beginning of the game our Offense comes out with guns a blazing. Our defense a little flat but hold Manning to a field goal. Thats a win "sorta". After this series Colts come out and manhandle our offense and defense. WTF happened that Texans just laid down? I'm tired of other teams in the division just overlooking the Texans as a win. I'm ready for this Team to be a team that others expect to lose to and show with the up most respect. I sincerely hope the offseason shows us something anew.
Old 12-23-2007   #2
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 20 Wolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl
Default Re: :: Sigh ::

Andrew, please remember that there are several things against the Texans right now. I won't put the details here... we all know them. I have faith in the team and the coaching staff.

It could be worse. We could be like the Miami Dolphins.

Prepare to meet your DOOM!
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #3
austintexanite
All Pro

I wasn't able to watch the game man, doesn't sound too good. Mario lost a sack due to a lame penatly.
Old 12-23-2007   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I'm bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #5
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I wasn't able to watch the game man, doesn't sound too good. Mario lost a sack due to a lame penatly.
He did? The penalty on T. Johnson didn't take away the sack. Would he have had 15? I might have missed that.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
hes still credited with it.. but it defeats the purpose really.. i think it was his best sack that ive seen though so its nice to see him improve and improve
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The penalty on TJ was a pink panty wearing ***** penalty where QBs are treated like porcelain dolls.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2007   #8
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

it's a little trying and repetitve to say, but we lost against the SB champs at their home.

no shame in that, I just wish he had kept it closer.

bring your yelling throat next week as we play Jax with a 8-8 record on the line!

Old 12-23-2007   #9
DeepSteelBlue
Rookie

Stating the obvious here... the Texans HAVE to learn to start winning against good teams (any team for that matter). Yeah, the Colts are defending Super Bowl Champs, but we keep hearing "on any given Sunday..." There's no excuse for the Texans laying down and taking it from the Colts or anyone else.
DeepSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

only one game left in the season, don't give up now
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #11
SA Texan
Veteran

I was very disappointed in the effort today because I know they can play better, but honestly, there is no shame in losing to the Colts on the road.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The penalty on TJ was a pink panty wearing ***** penalty where Peyton Manning is treated like a porcelain doll.
Fixed.

Sigh.
Old 12-23-2007   #13
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still love my Texans, I just want more consistant winning out of them. I understand that the injury bug has riddeled the Texans but I'd of atleast thought it would have been a closer game. Is the game worth watching just to see Mario sack Peyton?
Old 12-23-2007   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Texan View Post
I was very disappointed in the effort today because I know they can play better, but honestly, there is no shame in losing to the Colts on the road.
Personally, I'm more than a little tired of hearing that. If there's no shame in losing, to me it means you have no problem losing, hell, you probably expect to lose, and of course, they did.

I hope every single one of those players are mad as as hell for getting their asses handed to them by this team......AGAIN!!!!!!

No different than when Carr was the QB. The average beating the Texans have taken in Indy in the previous 5 games was 34.4 - 15.8. Today's score, 38-15. Same ol BS!!

Oh, but they're the Super Bowl champs, so no biggie losing to them. Well, sorry, screw the Super Bowl champs and quit rolling over like an abused puppy and play like you know how to play a freaking football game when you play these buttwipes!!!!!!!!

No shame?? Every freaking single one of them ought to be burying their heads in the sand after that lameass performance. Come to think of it, they played like they had their heads in the sand.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess some of you thought that the Colts were the same caliber team as the Bucs and Broncos.

The Texans didn't "lay down" against anyone today. They got their heads handed to them by a lot better football team.

This "laying down" crap is just something you grab out of thin air to make yourself feel better.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #16
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Personally, I'm more than a little tired of hearing that. If there's no shame in losing, to me it means you have no problem losing, hell, you probably expect to lose, and of course, they did.

I hope every single one of those players are mad as as hell for getting their asses handed to them by this team......AGAIN!!!!!!

No different than when Carr was the QB. The average beating the Texans have taken in Indy in the previous 5 games was 34.4 - 15.8. Today's score, 38-15. Same ol BS!!

Oh, but they're the Super Bowl champs, so no biggie losing to them. Well, sorry, screw the Super Bowl champs and quit rolling over like an abused puppy and play like you know how to play a freaking football game when you play these buttwipes!!!!!!!!

No shame?? Every freaking single one of them ought to be burying their heads in the sand after that lameass performance. Come to think of it, they played like they had their heads in the sand.
Exactly, I think thats why I'm so aggrivated. I'm tire of hearing the same ole, well that was a good team you lost to so no shame there. BS a loss is a loss and a win is a win. Untill they start adding some W's against the Colts there will alway be shame.
Old 12-23-2007   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The penalty on TJ was a pink panty wearing ***** penalty where QBs are treated like porcelain dolls.
Hear, HEAR!!
I watched it three times via DVR. Johnson got tripped trying to get up and fell onto Manning. That should have been a no-call. I'll bet you money if it had been some no-name QB, it WOULD have been a no-call.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

Still mad that Carr got run outta town, huh?
Oh yeah. Its obvious. If Carr wasn't on your mind, you'd have said, "No different than when Capers ran this team." But you picked Carr for a comparison.

Then again, the way Sage played today, there was a resemblance to the Carr level of play. Only the sacks were missing.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you don't play a near perfect game against the Colts you get your head handed to you. We didn't play our best and they kicked out backsides. Pretty much all there is to it. If we played our best, MAYBE we make more of a game of it and come away with a win, but I doubt it. They are just a better team at this point. Tip your hats, and move on to the Jags.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #20
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Still mad that Carr got run outta town, huh?
Oh yeah. Its obvious. If Carr wasn't on your mind, you'd have said, "No different than when Capers ran this team." But you picked Carr for a comparison.

Then again, the way Sage played today, there was a resemblance to the Carr level of play. Only the sacks were missing.
Sorry Dr. Phil, bad diagnosis. Don't give up the day job.

My point was that nothing much has really changed. They've been outscored 210-94 in 6 games in Indy. Capers/Carr, Capers/Carr/Banks, Capers/Carr, Capers/Carr, Kubiak/Carr and now Kubiak/Rosenfels, no matter the names, the results are the same.

Is that better?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read