Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Grade Kubiak's Performance This Year....
A 18 15.13%
B 80 67.23%
C 18 15.13%
D 3 2.52%
F 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2007   #1
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 305 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How Good of a Job Has Kubiak Done?

The Rams are saying what a good job Linehan has done with "so many injuries". Wow, maybe Kubiak should be up for coach of the year...

Rams president John Shaw said on Dec. 10 that Linehan would be back, and that it was unfair to judge job performance because the team has had so many injuries. The Rams have 11 players on injured reserve, including three offensive line starters and top pass rusher Leonard Little.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

The main topic of the article is how Torry Holt went off on Linehan on the sideline, but the above quote made me think about the job Kubiak has done.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #2
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How Good of a Job Has Kubiak Done?

Kubiak has done a great jon especially as we have 16 - 17 players on IR. And Andre missed 7 games.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #3
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans next season will have a Brown-like season and make the playoffs with four to six losses.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

A would mean playoffs... he'd get an a if we reach the playoffs next year even...

he's been doing swell considering he took over a team that went 2 - 14

edit-- after rereading, this one hit me
d'you think the word swell came from a colloquialized version of 'so well'?

Last edited by powerfuldragon; 12-22-2007 at 10:20 AM.
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I think with the injury situation and Rick Smith finding players to fit the needs of the team, I think both have done a great job this year. Both get an A.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Unable to vote b/c the season is not over yet.

To this point he has done a C job. .500 is average , a C is average.

If he goes 7-9 it will be a D.

If he goes 8-8 it will remain a C

If he goes 9-7 it will go to a B.

The only way that he would have gotten an A is if we made the playoffs.

I fully expect an A job next year.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #7
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Given the massive amount of injuries, I would give him a B. He has made some questionable decisions, but he is still learning the ways of being an NFL coach. I think he is going to be a fine coach for a number of years to come. To finish .500 would be an amazing feat considering that we are playing with a team that is basically composed of spare parts.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2007   #8
SA Texan
Veteran

Overall, I think he deserves a B. He has had to overcome a lot with all of the injuries and still had this team in the playoff hunt up until last week. To me that is saying something.
He is a young coach and is going to make mistakes, but is going to continue to improve also. I see playoffs next season.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

are the Texans headed in the right direction? is there a better coach or one you would rather see walking the sidelines, making the decisions

not really

regardless of record, the Texans are playing cohesive team ball on both sides buying into the system eliminating silly turnovers (plaqued team ealier in season) demonstrating improvement & better execution. given the talent available players are working their butts off, there is no complaining (at least what we hear of) & maximizing talent. seems like excellent coaching to me - A
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The offense has improved both years that he has been in charge, despite the well documented problems. He hasn't drafted much on offense, yet he has still improved the team in that area. The defense has improved as well. He's drafted more premium talent for that side of the ball, but you have to give him credit for doing that. Overall, the team is headed in the right direction, and has shown clear signs of improvement. There have been a couple games this year that really had me down, but with injuries, lack of production from key spots, and a shortage of talent in a few areas, he's done an outstanding job.
Old 12-22-2007   #11
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone thought his ass was going to be fired midway through the season, so he has done a great job.

I figured we would be debating Cowher vs Marty right now
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I give him a "B" esp with the am't of injuries

One thing is for sure, Kubiak has this team playing no matter what and they don't quit no matter who is injured
beginning of the season

if you gave me an IR list and told me what happened, and our record is what it is.. I'd have laughed at you
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

This season has been a bit of a roller coaster and I've been unhappy at the product at times (inconsistent play) but at the start of the year I figured we would be a .500 team and we are pretty much on course for that so while Kubiak hasn't been able to exceed expecations he hasn't really put out a product that has been a dissapointment. I'd just like us to keep playing physical football and find a few more key players and continue to build our depth this offseason so we can make our first playoff run next year....so I guess I'm happy with Kubiak and this regime since they are what I thought they were....more or less.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I give him a high B. He has been far from perfect, but has done well considering the injuries we've had. He still needs to work on clock management and dumb challenges, but I think he's heading in the right direction.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Unable to vote b/c the season is not over yet.

To this point he has done a C job. .500 is average , a C is average.
If he goes 7-9 it will be a D.

If he goes 8-8 it will remain a C

If he goes 9-7 it will go to a B.

The only way that he would have gotten an A is if we made the playoffs.

I fully expect an A job next year.
An A is almost perfect so, using your logic, wouldnt we have to go 16-0 or 15-1 or something for him to get that

i give him a B and i thought that was pretty harsh.. i think gary's an excellent coach and think hes turning this ship around pretty fast and hes doing it the right way- no quick fixes or shortcuts.. building around a strong D which is difficult to do.. been right about most of the big decisions. the only big 'miss' hes made in my book (hence the B) is the weaver contract
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #16
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I give him a high B. He has been far from perfect, but has done well considering the injuries we've had. He still needs to work on clock management and dumb challenges, but I think he's heading in the right direction.

actually id just agree with this... we can b1tch about small things he does like the challenges or occassional conservativeness (word?) but in the grand scheme of things, hes a guy who the players seem to like and play hard for and imo like shanahan said hes a guy that more often than not have put our guys in good positions to win... we've beaten teams that look better than us on paper and we're starting to finally become relevant in the nfl
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is option G for Godlike?
Old 12-22-2007   #18
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2575 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Playcalling/Clock Management/Challenges

Kubiak has just been plain outcoached at times, the Jacksonville and San Diego games come to mind. And the Atlanta game was just embarrassing.

But I gave him a B. Kubes seems to be a player's coach, he gets the best out of 'em. The injuries were too much to overcome. Had Andre played every game I think our record would be better.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #19
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would the combined efforts of Kubiak and Smith a B+.

A for the GM, B for the Coach.

I am pleased with how the season went, being in the hunt till late, at least equalling our best record, continuing to add contributors, other players coming on, what isn't to appreciate.

We fell short of the playoffs, so it can't be an A yet.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
We fell short of the playoffs, so it can't be an A yet.
with all the injurys? coming off a 2-14 & 6-10 seasons respectivley the Texans where expected to still make the playoffs? is that realistic & how could Kubiak have done more with what he had to work with? inquiring minds want to know

IMO.....the Texans win one of the last two games (both extremely difficult teams to beat) & finish the season 8-8, I'd call that exceeding expectations with outstanding effort in all phases of the organization
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read