Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2007   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What about Cam Cameron as the new OC?

With The Tune taking the job in Miami there is a chance they will release Cam Cameron to find a new head coach.

How would you all feel about him coming here and being the OC to replace Sherman?

Yeah I know he didn't do a great job with the Dolphins but a lot of factors could have contributed to that. He did a hell of a job in San Diego (with the help of Marty and LT) and may be suited better as an OC than a head coach.

Could be worth a look.

Last edited by Texans Pride; 12-21-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What about Ken Cameron as the new OC?

Cam Cameron came from where? Was he the 49'ers OC or was he the Chargers OC?

I don't know, I think we should give mini-Shanahan a chance.
Old 12-21-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Cam Cameron came from where? Was he the 49'ers OC or was he the Chargers OC?

I don't know, I think we should give mini-Shanahan a chance.
San diego ..

here is his bio

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite..._cameron_c.asp
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #4
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't expect they will sack him this year, it was his first year with a rubbish roster and the team still has belief and plays hard so that has to be a big plus for him staying.

In the event that he was let go, the Texans FO will have a level of familiarity with him from his previous interview for the HC job. He seems like a good offensive mind but his skills are more QB development and that is where Kubiak is good as well and also where Shanahan is developing too so I think there is no room in the inn for another QB guru.
kiwitexansfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #5
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline
Default Re: What about Cam Cameron as the new OC?

Got to agree with all thats already been said, I don't seen Parcells letting Cameron go after just one season, especially with the injuries they had to the likes of Brown and Green.

Should they let him go I don't think I would like to see him come here, Kubiak is bringing this system along and more than likely if Cameron came in he would have a different style and brand. I would like to see them continue to develop the system with have with Kyle at OC.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #6
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

ummm... NO.

If San Diego had a decent offensive scheme they wouldn't have been one-and-done in the '06 playoffs. And they had two of the most formidable weapons in football with L.T. and Gates. And his offensive playcalling skills generated exactly ONE win in Miami this year.

Cameron here?

I vote "No".
Old 12-22-2007   #7
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think his offensive philosophy and Kubiak's will mesh well. I don't think that is a direction that Kubiak would want to go.

I will say that he doesn't strike me as a Parcell's type of guy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone after just one season.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I don't want our OC postition to turn into the ex-coaches club. try someone new. shanahanahan jr ftw.
Old 12-22-2007   #9
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Russ Grimm would be awsome. Not sure if he is more of a O-line coach than an OC, but he would be just what the doctor ordered.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #10
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Ehhh...no thanks. Cam Cameron has failed to produce anything impressive during his career. Yes, he made the playoffs a few times in San Diego...but with LT, Gates, and that o-line, I could probably coach a team to the playoffs. We have better options to explore.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Schottenheimer is likely to re-enter the coaching scene sooner than later........Cameron and he would likely be reunited.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

why? i think gary calls a pretty good game considering the talent he has dealt with so far
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #13
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

OMG. Been thinking this for the past 6 weeks!

Everyone I mention this to says "We don't want a loser coaching our team..."

Glad someone agrees for once.
Old 12-22-2007   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Parcells will bring in his own guy and Cameron will be unemployed in a few weeks. No way will Parcells go into next season with Cam as HC.

I don't think its totally out of the realm of possibilities that Parcells becomes HC next year. He has said that he wasn't hired to be the HC but that could be pure lip service. If he can find someone he is happy enough with at HC that could change but I don't see anyone out there other than Schott that would be a better coach than Parcells would.

Anyway you look at it, Dolphins fan should be a lot happier with Parcells captaining the ship whether as coach/gm or just gm.
Old 12-22-2007   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

No. I want a WCO guy running the offense. No more of this hybrid offense that we have been running with Kubiak and Sherman.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
No. I want a WCO guy running the offense. No more of this hybrid offense that we have been running with Kubiak and Sherman.
Well, you know, you tweak and tweak and tweak and at some point, you've tweaked something to the point it's something else.

The Denver style WCO isn't exactly the classic WCO. I believe Sherman came from a WCO but he came from a different flavor. He came from the Holmgren/Green Bay/Seattle version of the WCO. The main difference is their approach to the running game and how the play action passes work off of that.

What I want is Kubiak to have someone who runs his offense his way.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well, you know, you tweak and tweak and tweak and at some point, you've tweaked something to the point it's something else.

The Denver style WCO isn't exactly the classic WCO. I believe Sherman came from a WCO but he came from a different flavor. He came from the Holmgren/Green Bay/Seattle version of the WCO. The main difference is their approach to the running game and how the play action passes work off of that.

What I want is Kubiak to have someone who runs his offense his way.
The Texans have gotten a lot of mileage from their playaction game even with a subpar running game. Give them a legit threat at RB that can stay healthy and see what they can do. A healthy Green would be an answer but who can count on Green after what happened this year? If Kubiak likes his job, he wont count on Green either.

I like what we have seen from the rook though. He looks decisive when he runs and in Gary's scheme that is important.
Old 12-22-2007   #18
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Hire Cam Cameron.

Maybe the Burner would be willing to give up some $$ for a chance to work with his former OC.
My post in another thread.
Old 12-22-2007   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
The Texans have gotten a lot of mileage from their playaction game even with a subpar running game. Give them a legit threat at RB that can stay healthy and see what they can do. A healthy Green would be an answer but who can count on Green after what happened this year? If Kubiak likes his job, he wont count on Green either.

I like what we have seen from the rook though. He looks decisive when he runs and in Gary's scheme that is important.
Both Sage and Matt have done a great job selling the playaction as well as setting it up on running plays.

I think Kubes' problem with rookie running backs has always been their inability to pick up the blitzes correctly. It will be interesting to see what happens at the RB spot in the offseason and it will be interesting to see how Darius plays out the season.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

I think Gary will give Green another shot through TC, and make him really play for his job. Treat him just like another guy on the roster. And if he gets injured again like this, then it's time to go ahead and call it a loss.

I just think it's too much money not to give Green one more chance to shine, but obviously, we need to pick up a nice young RB because we know Ahman is probably not going to be re-signed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read