Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

My hats off to Texan players

Wolf

100% Texan
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5389181.html

How many toys can you stuff into a shopping cart during an 80-second shopping spree?

If you're Christopher Fields, 9, that would be five remote-control vehicles about 3 feet long.

Fields' haul made Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson's game face break into a rare smile. Johnson, 26, sponsored the shopping extravaganza Tuesday for 12 children ages 8 to 16.

"I was laughing," the All-Pro said about watching Christopher wrestle oversize remote-control cars into a basket, "That reminds me of me because that's what I was into when I was that age."

The Andre Johnson Charitable Foundation picked up the $12,000 tab for kids who were selected by Child Protective Services staff. Johnson sponsors events for children in Houston and his hometown of Miami.

Each kid shopper got an XBox360 or PlayStation3 and two videogames, plus whatever he or she could grab in 80 seconds - a nod to Johnson's jersey number.

Andre johnson foundation and mario williams foundations

Helping hand: SeveralTexans got into the holiday spirit this week.

Defensive linemen Mario Williams and Travis Johnsondonated $12,000 in Wal-Mart gift cards to 24 needy families who wrote letters to a pair of localradio stations.

The duo went to a local Wal-Mart to hand out the cards and even helped some of the families shop.

"Christmas time is time to give," Johnson said. "That's what Christmas is about. If people can't afford it, we want to help

them do things for their kids. It was pretty special."

Andre Johnson also playedSanta this week when he financed an 80-second shopping spree for 12 children at a toy store.

http://origin.elpasotimes.com/sports/ci_7765946

I am sure there are more players around the league(and Texans) and i am not discrediting them for their charity work and my hat is off to them too

:texflag:

that is cool

sadly on the Easter seals thing didn't go well with Matt Schaub and Ahman Green was to donate 2500 for every TD they scored to battle autism

and too bad they couldn't stay on the field long enough to generate more money for the cause

Back