Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-21-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL networks:top 10 NFL nicknames

It i was on today and I forgot the total list because I found it when it was half over and may have some out of order but I know #1,#2 and #10 for sure

#1 America's team
#2 Steel Curtain
#3 Fearsome Foursome
#4 Purple People Eaters
#5 Greatest Show on Turf
#5 Air coryell
#6 No Name defense

#10 Monsters of the Midway

"The hogs" made the top 6 but can't remember what number
"the aints" was up there also but don't remember what number also

I looked at nfl network scheduling and didn't see where they will rebroadcast it

I am trying to find the list and get it right along with another date it was shown

what is significant, is that it Explained where America's team came from

NFL films needed a name of the cowboys besides "Next Seasons Champs" they noticed that every where they went, Cowboy fans were there.. and Cowboys merchandising was selling very well.. so NFL coined the term. Tom Laundry hated it because it put a bullseye on the Cowboys.. Opposing teams hated it.. I think it was Dick Vermeil .. said hey we are in America (Philly) they are not our team..

Goodness Deacon Jones was a monster on those clips that they showed

I am trying to search when it comes on again for those that can dvr it

Last edited by Wolf; 12-22-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL networks:top 10 NFL nicknames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
#1 America's team

NFL coined the term. Tom Laundry hated it because it put a bullseye on the Cowboys.. Opposing teams hated it.. I think it was Dick Vermeil .. said hey we are in America (Philly) they are not our team..
Preach on Revernd Vermeil!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

These are a few that I recall that may or may not have made the list.

Doomsday Defense - Cowboys (Lily, Renfro Adderly)
Triplets - Aikman, Irvin, Smith
G-Men - Giants
Over the Hill Gang - Redskins & Allens large number of older players
Dirty Birds - Falcons Endzone dance
Kardiac Kids - Browns last minute wins
Orange Crush - Broncos
Aints - Saints losing seasons

Last edited by StarStruck; 12-22-2007 at 01:53 AM.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

the hogs made the top 10 now that you mention it.

yes the aints was up there.

orange crush didn't make it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read