Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Offensive Line Coach

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Just wondering what direction our O line will be taking when Sherman leaves for TAM.

I was reading up on our current O line coach and found this statement a little confusing

"Benton returned to his alma mater in 1996. He was the offensive line coach until 2000 and also took over as the co-offensive coordinator in 2000 until 2003. Upon his promotion, Benton looked for tutelage from Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak. Colorado State emulated the Broncos’ power rushing attack."

I did not know that the Broncos rushing attack was considered a power rushing attack. I always heard the zbs described as more of a finesse attack.

Anyhow...what brought this about...I have heard speculation on this board that Kubiak would return to the zbs now that Sherman is leaving.

I was curious if we have the coaching in place to accomplish this or if Kubiak would be bringing a new Oline coach.

Is Benton the guy or do we bring in someone else? idonno:

Who is available? :um:

:coffee:

Been a while since we've seen a streach play hasn't it ? Indi will run lots of them sunday. I think the coaches are coaching to their tallent instead of coaching to a system. We've got one ZBS guy. Only one starting and that's Winston. He's the only lineman they have who can execute a one on one block out in space.

Been a while since we've seen a streach play hasn't it ? Indi will run lots of them sunday. I think the coaches are coaching to their tallent instead of coaching to a system. We've got one ZBS guy. Only one starting and that's Winston. He's the only lineman they have who can execute a one on one block out in space.

We ran stretch plays all day versus Tampa and Denver.

Just wondering what direction our O line will be taking when Sherman leaves for TAM.

I was reading up on our current O line coach and found this statement a little confusing

"Benton returned to his alma mater in 1996. He was the offensive line coach until 2000 and also took over as the co-offensive coordinator in 2000 until 2003. Upon his promotion, Benton looked for tutelage from Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak. Colorado State emulated the Broncos’ power rushing attack."

I did not know that the Broncos rushing attack was considered a power rushing attack. I always heard the zbs described as more of a finesse attack.

Anyhow...what brought this about...I have heard speculation on this board that Kubiak would return to the zbs now that Sherman is leaving.

I was curious if we have the coaching in place to accomplish this or if Kubiak would be bringing a new Oline coach.

Is Benton the guy or do we bring in someone else? idonno:

Who is available? :um:

:coffee:
I think that the pundit just meant the "powerful" Broncos rushing attack.

Bull dung.

Umm...we did run them alot. I'll give a couple examples.

1) The run Walker made that produced a 1st down and was face masked on the play. Stretch play to the right, the RDE bit on the play which caused Walker to cut back to the inside causing the RDE to swipe his hand across Walkers facemask.

2) The long run that Dayne had was a stretch play to the right also. Except he did not have to cut back because Leach steamrolled his man leaving a gaping hole that even Dayne could rumble through.

I have the games DVR'd and it's quite apparent when they run the stretch. We ran it very well too. I expect to see it even more next season due to Sherman's exit.

I would've produced photos that BullPenphots provides to further prove my point, but I couldn't access them for some reason.

With new RB Johnathan Stewart running behind new LT ALex Boone and speedsters Andre twins stretching the defense our offense will move us deep into the playoffs. Uh, sorry, got carried away.

CBS Sports

The Broncos are getting a taste of their own medicine tonight as the Texans, with Kubiak running the show, also feature the stretch play. They are using it effectively on this drive as both Dayne and Walker have had nice runs on the stretch play. The Texans are repeating the success of their first drive of the 2nd half, running first to open up the pass.

whoever it is - should convince Matt Schaub to change his number (8) sometimes I think Pitts looks up & gets Carr flashbacks :bunpan:

Umm...we did run them alot. I'll give a couple examples.

1) The run Walker made that produced a 1st down and was face masked on the play. Stretch play to the right, the RDE bit on the play which caused Walker to cut back to the inside causing the RDE to swipe his hand across Walkers facemask.

2) The long run that Dayne had was a stretch play to the right also. Except he did not have to cut back because Leach steamrolled his man leaving a gaping hole that even Dayne could rumble through.

I have the games DVR'd and it's quite apparent when they run the stretch. We ran it very well too. I expect to see it even more next season due to Sherman's exit.

I would've produced photos that BullPenphots provides to further prove my point, but I couldn't access them for some reason.

The commentators even broke down several plays over the last two games and discussed the stretch plays that were being run. TTP is off base.

The commentators even broke down several plays over the last two games and discussed the stretch plays that were being run. TTP is off base.

1. there is no one cut blocking the back side DT.
2. There isn't a push from the other four to push the edge of the defense.
3. There isn't a RB pushing the edge of the defene to set up the cut back lane.
4. We do not have a QB on the roster that can make the three yard sprint to get the ball to the RB, so he can push the edge. Which the RB can't in the first place because we do not have a back , o-lineman or a QB atheltic enough who can execute it.

We do not run it. We haven't run the streach play in thirty games.

1. there is no one cut blocking the back side DT.
2. There isn't a push from the other four to push the edge of the defense.
3. There isn't a RB pushing the edge of the defene to set up the cut back lane.
4. We do not have a QB on the roster that can make the three yard sprint to get the ball to the RB, so he can push the edge. Which the RB can't in the first place because we do not have a back , o-lineman or a QB atheltic enough who can execute it.

We do not run it. We haven't run the streach play in thirty games.

Well that was awfully considerate of the Texans to prove you wrong within the first 45 seconds of the game.

PS--cut blocking is not a prerequisite for a stretch play--some coaches choose to use it and others do not.

PS 2nd edition--a QB sprinting isn't necessary to a stretch play either.

Back