Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2007   #1
austintexanite
All Pro

Default Our chances of winning got higher.

Colts will be without 5 starters on Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Old 12-20-2007   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Our chances of winning got higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly with the way we've been playing I'd rather face the best they have to offer.........I want to see how this team really measures up. Playoffs are out of reach, we might as well see how we really measure up against them going into next season.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #4
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

9-7 would leave me very, very happy.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
Colts will be without 5 starters on Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Which 5? I cant seem to connect.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Which 5? I cant seem to connect.
WR Harrison
RT Diem
DT Brock (?)
S Bethea
DT Mathis

Makes it more interesting.
Old 12-20-2007   #7
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
WR Harrison
RT Diem
DT Brock (?)
S Bethea
DT Mathis

Makes it more interesting.
When Mario lines up a LE, that is when it might get interesting.

Mario (on fire right now, and mad about a Pro Bowl snub) vs Back-up RT

V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2007   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

As long as Manning is under center I still feel uncomfortable going up there to play.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
As long as Manning is under center I still feel uncomfortable going up there to play.
Peyton Manning doesn't scare me very much anymore. It's Bob Sanders that does. If we can take him out of the equation, the Houston Texans have a VERY good chance of beating the Colts. We won't beat Manning. We have to beat them with coaching. The Colts are definitely outcoachable as indicated by our win last season.

I have a very good feeling about this game either way.
Old 12-20-2007   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Peyton Manning doesn't scare me very much anymore. It's Bob Sanders that does. If we can take him out of the equation, the Houston Texans have a VERY good chance of beating the Colts. We won't beat Manning. We have to beat them with coaching. The Colts are definitely outcoachable as indicated by our win last season.

I don't think they got outcoached last year really. That's a general game plan with the Colts. Run the ball well, keep the ball away from Peyton and get enough D stops here and there. We managed to do it last year and I'm certainly hoping we can leave with a victory. That'd be huge for the confidence of this team and organization to seal up a .500 season against an opponenet of that caliber. The fact Freeney and Mathis won't be going helps.

What scares me about this Colts team is it reminds me of San Antonio this year in the sense The Pats, Cowboys, and Packers have all had their storylines this year. The Colts have been injured but quietly have sown up the second seed in the AFC......

I'm just sayin.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #11
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1277 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wow - I am amazed at how the world looks through the eyes of another fan. Take the homer glasses off for a minute. How did the Colts get outcoached last year? And how does Peyton Manning not scare you? He & Brady are only the 2 best players in the league and he is really the sole reason the Colts are in position to win virtually every game they play. How does that guy not give a Texan fan cause for concern going into the game.

Houston is an up and coming team - no doubt about it. And this game is a hard one to figure because how the Colts approach it is unknown right now. Houston could win. But don't count on winning because Dungy got outcoached. I think his record indicates he knows what he is doing.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Our chances of winning got higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
Wow - I am amazed at how the world looks through the eyes of another fan. Take the homer glasses off for a minute. How did the Colts get outcoached last year? And how does Peyton Manning not scare you? He & Brady are only the 2 best players in the league and he is really the sole reason the Colts are in position to win virtually every game they play. How does that guy not give a Texan fan cause for concern going into the game.

Houston is an up and coming team - no doubt about it. And this game is a hard one to figure because how the Colts approach it is unknown right now. Houston could win. But don't count on winning because Dungy got outcoached. I think his record indicates he knows what he is doing.
*cough*Farve*cough*

He didn't say that Manning is a threat - in fact:

Quote:
We won't beat Manning.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't misunderstand me. I think Peyton Manning is BY FAR a better football player than Tom Brady. Tom Brady is a product of some really good coaching. Peyton Manning is something else. god created Peyton Manning and now is jealous that he was able to create something so perfect. He is a fine tuned thowing machine. He's perfect.

I think Dungy's record has a lot to do with Peyton Manning. In fact, I think Manning calls the shots half of the time in Indianapolis, not Dungy. I know I'll probably get hosed here but I really think that Peyton Manning runs that offense, not Tony Dungy. It's pretty easy to win when you've got god on your side of the ball and Manning is god. I think Dungy is a fine coach and I'd love to have him coaching the Houston Texans. I still think he got outcoached because Kubiak found the Colts' weakness and beat them.

Now... the reason why I said that Manning doesn't scare me as much is because our defensive line as well as secondary is really coming together and it's... phew. It's something else. I'm starting to feel that they can at least hold Manning down for a couple of drives. If we can do that and get past Bob Sanders... we have a VERY good chance. Bob Sanders means everything to the Colts defense. He is their leader. He is their run stopper. That being said...

I say outcoached because we were able to beat the Colts using Ron freaking Dayne. Now, a lot of Houston Texans fans are on the Dayne train and appear to think he's the answer here in Houston. I'm not. I think he's a joke. He's done a good job over the last few games but he is FAR from the answer and NOT a premeire running back. Us being the Colts last year using the Dayne train is a product of some really good coaching. You guys also did not have Bob Sanders. Probably the difference between a win and a loss for the Colts in the Texans game last season.

For what it's worth, I think we're going to lose. I just think that we have a very solid chance. Mario's pissed.
Old 12-20-2007   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I disagree. With teams as talented as the Patriots and the Colts, coaching is the most important factor. Dungy has proven to be an excellent coach and a defensive genius, but that doesn't mean he makes no mistakes. He would be the first person to tell you that it was his fault for the loss.

This game could be a bit different, though. The Colts are missing key players on both sides of the ball. They aren't as beat up as we are, but they are close.

Anyways, I hope we win, but I am not counting on it. Historically we get crushed in the RCA dome...
Old 12-20-2007   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 191859 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
You'll have that uncomfortable feeling for about a half, this Sunday.
Old 12-20-2007   #16
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
You'll have that uncomfortable feeling for about a half, this Sunday.
Yep, then we get to see Mr. "Clipboard" Sorgi.
Old 12-20-2007   #17
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58665 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Peyton Manning is BY FAR a better football player than Tom Brady. Tom Brady is a product of some really good coaching.

Let me see, Brady has 3 Superbowl victories with no real good receivers during his career up until this year.

Has made a couple of 4th quarter comebacks, some during the SuperBowl.

Is on pace to break the record for most touchdown passes in a season, not to mention passing yards.

How can you say it's the coaching? This comment makes it sound like David Carr would be able to pull those victories up in New England.

Last edited by santo; 12-20-2007 at 01:58 PM.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #18
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post

Let me see, Brady has 4 Superbowl victories with no real good receivers during his career up until this year.

Has made a couple of 4th quarter comebacks, some during the SuperBowl.

Is on pace to break the record for most touchdown passes in a season, not to mention passing yards.

How can you say it's the coaching? This comment makes it sound like David Carr would be able to pull those victories up in New England.
3 Superbowls
Old 12-20-2007   #19
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58665 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
3 Superbowls

My bad. Probably counting this year...
Old 12-20-2007   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 191859 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Yep, then we get to see Mr. "Clipboard" Sorgi.
Who is not that bad a QB. 97 QB rating with a 5-1 TD to INT ratio. And, Sorgi has been in the system for 4 years. I expect the Colts reserves to play inspired ball, and the Texans starters had better not let up when these guys come into the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read