Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-19-2007   #1
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 08 Fa

Anyone know where I can find a link to a list of 08 FA?
Old 12-19-2007   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 08 Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Anyone know where I can find a link to a list of 08 FA?
with a little help from out friends at Yahoo.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...ion=All&y=2008

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
with a little help from out friends at Yahoo.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...ion=All&y=2008
Thanks
Old 12-20-2007   #4
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Also here:

Link
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Does anyone have any updates on Justin Fargas, Fred Taylor, and Derrick Ward? They were listed as UFA but I was wondering if they've resigned. I'm particularly interested in Justin Fargas.

He's young and fast but doesn't have the same hype as Michael Turner despite proving he is a starting caliber running back this season. Despite only starting 7 games so far this season he's already over 1,000 yards.

He could be the homerun back we've been looking for and I think he'd do very well as a feature back for this football team. Been in the league since 2003 but there's not a lot of tread on those tires, plus he's proven he can carry the load this season.
Old 12-20-2007   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I would like him here. If the Texans win out, or at least go .500, he will be interested (hopefully). Our O-Line is also better than Oakland's (at least I think so).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Turner is alot better than Fargas IMO.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as RB's go, I noticed that Vernand Morency - of the Houston Texans is a RFA.
Old 12-20-2007   #9
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
As far as RB's go, I noticed that Vernand Morency - of the Houston Texans is a RFA.
Yeah, that first link is way off, probably written in 05 or 06.
Old 12-20-2007   #10
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Turner is alot better than Fargas IMO.
He may be, but he's also less proven than Fargas. I'd prefer if we spend $$ in free agency we'd spend it on a proven commodity that is also young and has low tread on his tires than a young low tread unproven commodity.
Old 12-20-2007   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been banging the drum for huggy bears son (Fargas for some time). He hurt his knee & is out for the season. Has anyone heard how bad he hurt the knee?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
He may be, but he's also less proven than Fargas. I'd prefer if we spend $$ in free agency we'd spend it on a proven commodity that is also young and has low tread on his tires than a young low tread unproven commodity.
Sure he hasn't carried the load a full season, but his numbers are continuously high, especially yards per carry, and he has several carries over 70 yards. I think he would start over Fargas on the Raiders......and several teams for that matter. He has more experience than Schaub had, so I don't see it as that big of a deal. Fargas hasn't really done much other than this year IIRC.
Old 12-20-2007   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I would take Turner over Fargas 10/10 times even if he is more expensive. He is big, fast, has proven success in the league, and very little wear on his tires. What more do you want? He'll get a lot of money, but he isn't going to get crazy money because teams don't pay running backs a lot unless they are drafted high or have several years of being one of the top running backs in the league. Chester Taylor would be a good comp to Turner. He was a backup who did very well, decided to enter FA and got a 4 year 14.1MM contract with 5.6MM guaranteed. I would be surprised if Turner gets a contract that is much higher than Ahman Green's 4 year 23MM and I would have no problem giving him that kind of money.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't have a problem with signing Turner for a contract similar to Taylor's. But I dont think someone who has never carried the rock over 100 times in an NFL season and has the luxury of being the backup to the best RB in the NFL is a proven back.

Which is why i'd be more inclined to pay Fargas, he's proven he can carry the load at this level. As good as Turner looks as a backup, its still as a backup and a much easier spot to be a backup than most teams imo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read