Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-19-2007   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Parcells turns down Falcons

Considering how he set Dallas back up with his moves and helped bring a little more stability I think this is good for them. He will get rid of the head cases.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3160597

Quote:
Bill Parcells said Wednesday that he likely will accept the Atlanta Falcons' offer to become the team's vice president of football operations.

"I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it. [Owner] Arthur [Blank] and I have had some pretty constructive discussions. I basically will oversee the football operations. We'll meet today -- not in Atlanta -- and work out some of the final details but I don't think there's any deal breakers here," Parcells said.

Parcells said he has no plans to return to coaching.

"Arthur wants to rebuild the football operation. I'll hire a general manager and then we'll hire a coach. We'll do this together, the GM, the coach and myself. The coach absolutely will not be Bill Parcells. All this happens if we finalize this thing, which I expect to do."
Old 12-19-2007   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Parcells back as VP with Falcons

Say what you want about the job he did in Dallas but he did get those girls to the playoffs a few times and did draft MOST of the talent on the current roster including Mr. Horsecollar and Jessica Simpson's current girlfriend Toni Romo.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Say what you want about the job he did in Dallas but he did get those girls to the playoffs a few times and did draft MOST of the talent on the current roster including Mr. Horsecollar and Jessica Simpson's current girlfriend Toni Romo.
I believe that Roy Williams was drafted while Dave Campo was still head coach.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's what I put in my original post....not sure if that was geared towards me but that is what I said..."Considering how he set Dallas back up with hi smoves and a little more stability." I don't give him all the credit but he built the talent base.
Old 12-19-2007   #5
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

It's beginning to look as though Christ himself couldn't save the Falcons. They have a whole football team worth of holes to fill in the offseason and the management has been horrid.

They need something.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
It's beginning to look as though Christ himself couldn't save the Falcons. They have a whole football team worth of holes to fill in the offseason and the management has been horrid.

They need something.
I have a feeling they may do a Portland Trailblazer type of house cleaning after the display on TV last week where some were supporting Vick with t-shirts, etc. They may want to start distancing themselves and just start from scratch.
Old 12-19-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I have a feeling they may do a Portland Trailblazer type of house cleaning after the display on TV last week where some were supporting Vick with t-shirts, etc. They may want to start distancing themselves and just start from scratch.
Exactly, and I think that was the one thing that made Pea-Brain bolt like he did without even talking to the players.

You are going to see a huge gutting of that team to where they might challenge the Bucs for that nonwinning streak.
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2007   #8
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Its too bad you can't buy stock in the Parcells death stare, because that thing is going to be on fire next year.

If wish someone had a video of him giving it to Tyson Thompson last year for like 5 minutes straight after he fumbled the kick off
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Romo wasn't drafted, was he? I thought they picked him up as a rookie free agent signing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

God, where do you start with that team? I guess cut every one and start form scratch. TradeAs many for picks as you can, and say hit the road to the rest. What a bunch of whiney losers. You can get picks for Crumpler, Hall, and thats about it...Try and keep Dunn for the leadership aspect and go from there.
Old 12-19-2007   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't honestly know what would help this team but say what you want about Parcells he's taken 4 different teams to the playoffs and 2 teams to the SB. His downfall in Big D was not kissing Owens Ass and i don't blame him.

ATL has so many holes and I still think when Blank hired Petrino for the gig most of the NFL collectively did a double take. It was a bad hire from the get go. I think he did both sides a big service by bolting. I agree though this offseason has to be starting from scratch and gutting the team big time. Recoup what you can from Vick, then pull every plug and distance yourself from him. they drafted fairly well last year and still have our other second. The NFC South is relatively weak right now too. IF they hire the right guy it wouldn't be that big of a suprise that they could be competitive in 2 years.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Parcells is going to play the same sort of role with the Falcons
that Dan Reeves played here in Houston with the Texans, but instead of looking over Casserlys shoulder he'll be looking over Falcons GM McKays.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

This a must hire for Blank. I do not buy into the Parcells' magic, but he is a great diversion for a franchise full of issues.
Old 12-19-2007   #14
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Scott Pioli of the Patriots would be a good first hire.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
This a must hire for Blank. I do not buy into the Parcells' magic, but he is a great diversion for a franchise full of issues.
What he does do well is sets a plan and drafts and gets guys who fit his plan. It didn't work with his style coaching in Dallas but his pieces with the style now works beautifully. He drafted talent and he knew what he wanted. I think just having that structure will benefit them. Again, as I said above, it is like the Trailblazers...they will deconstruct and start over.
Old 12-19-2007   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Classic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I believe that Roy Williams was drafted while Dave Campo was still head coach.
Correct. His very first game as a pro was September 8, 2002 (I wonder why I know that?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
What he does do well is sets a plan and drafts and gets guys who fit his plan. It didn't work with his style coaching in Dallas but his pieces with the style now works beautifully. He drafted talent and he knew what he wanted. I think just having that structure will benefit them. Again, as I said above, it is like the Trailblazers...they will deconstruct and start over.
I agree with you. HE can get an organization turned around by his philosophy and frankly being a jerk. A jerk as is needed to straighten some folks within that organization out... I hope for the Falcons sake, that they have patience with him, because they are in such shambles that its going to take more than a few years to get things turned around.
Old 12-19-2007   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Parcells? Talk about someone who needs to stay away from the fried chicken and fries.
Old 12-19-2007   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Parcells' playoff record with Giants 8-3 (83-90). Since 3-5 (93-96, 97-99, 2003-2006). Total 11-8.

Parcells' playoff record with Belichick as Coordinator 10-4, without 1-4.
Old 12-19-2007   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Sounds like Parcells is going to play the same sort of role with the Falcons
that Dan Reeves played here in Houston with the Texans, but instead of looking over Casserlys shoulder he'll be looking over Falcons GM McKays.
If Parcells is hired as the VP of Football Operations, McKay may not be the GM much longer. And I think that might be a good think for the Falcons.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Parcells? Talk about someone who needs to stay away from the fried chicken and fries.
Agreed! You want manboobs, Parcells is your man.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read