Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2007   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Len P says Mario is the biggest ProBowl Snub. And eats some crow to boot!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=3160443

Quote:
Twenty months ago, on the evening in which the Houston Texans chose defensive end Mario Williams over tailback Reggie Bush with the first overall selection in the 2006 draft, I suggested the franchise should think about turning over such critical decisions to Mr. Magoo, who might actually demonstrate a little more foresight.

But on Tuesday night, with the taste of crow still fresh on my palate, I find myself wondering just who in the league, and in the voting public, are really the most nearsighted. Because during a year in which Blooper Mario has transformed into Super Mario, collecting the second-most sacks (13) in the league, the Texans' second-year end ranks among the most notable Pro Bowl oversights.
Old 12-18-2007   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Len P says Mario is the biggest ProBowl Snub. And eats some crow to boot!

Nice.

Hey, I want to do an addendum to my everybody apologizing about the Mario thing blog entry.

In this thread, could everyone help me by listing every Mario apology article that they can find?

I didn't hear it, but apparently Jim Rome after the Denver game apologized on behalf of the entire universe to Mario.
Old 12-18-2007   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Len P says Mario is the biggest ProBowl Snub. And eats some crow to boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Nice.

Hey, I want to do an addendum to my everybody apologizing about the Mario thing blog entry.

In this thread, could everyone help me by listing every Mario apology article that they can find?

I didn't hear it, but apparently Jim Rome after the Denver game apologized on behalf of the entire universe to Mario.
Yes he did it was epic!
Quick shout out to Houston Texans stud, Mario Williams. Speaking on behalf the entire universe, sorry we crushed and vilified you before you had even stepped on to your first NFL field. Sorry, we annihilated you as the NFL’s Sam Bowie before you had even had a chance to rush your first NFL QB…and we’re all guilty of it.

Who amongst us didn’t jump the Texans for taking Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young. I mean, has there even been more pressure on a draft pick. Even if he succeeded, he still failed. No matter what he did, it would never be enough. Considering he went first and who he was taken over, he had to be a once in a lifetime player. Playing great wasn’t enough, he had to take over games by himself…and that’s exactly what he’s doing now. Taking over games. He hounded Jay Cutler last night like he owed him money or stole something from him…sacked him three and half times…giving him 9 in the last 5 games alone.
http://www.jimrome.com/archives/1214...article_3.html

Last edited by axman40; 12-18-2007 at 09:25 PM.
axman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would personally like to say how sorry I am that Mario Williams did'nt make the pro bowl .

How can there be such a snub ... this man's a beast .

Oh by the way ... I thought you were the right choice all along ... you are an emerging superstar .

Peyton Manning

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 12-18-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

What if Mario plays better in all red ?

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 12-18-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cutler
"They're getting their money's worth these days, aren't they," Cutler said when asked about Williams."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/nflin...l?nav=rss_blog

WOW this is a huge find ................

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/58015

http://www.dejuiced.com/nfl/maybe-we...that-mario-guy

http://www.sportingnews.com/experts/dennis-dillon/blog/ You might haveto scroll down a little.
Old 12-18-2007   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...bte/index.html

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2007   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There are still tickets on the Mario train, All you Vince and reggie lovers jump on board.

I am POed that Mario did not make the starting probowlers. What a bunch of bone heads that were voting. Now lets all hope Mario gets the lead and keeps it this season. Look out Peyton, Mario and Demeco got your number.
Old 12-18-2007   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, if the Vince and Reggie lovers just want to wait for the train, that would be fine too. Just have a seat on the tracks, please.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #10
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What if Mario plays better in all red ?
Then I better not see us play one more down without our red tights on.
Old 12-19-2007   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

See my Sig
Old 12-19-2007   #12
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
See my Sig
Great one man, who's being tackled?
Old 12-19-2007   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

What was the Gene Roddenberry Line: Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Well we'll see how far his dobber is down this weekend 'bout getting snubbed by the peers. Make me prety motivated. Ugoh handles him again I'm going to throw out the "C" word with Dungy's miraculous third round election.
Old 12-19-2007   #14
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

It has become accepted wisdom around here that Mario plays better when he's mad.... if that's the case, then Mario should be a mad man this Sunday against Indy.
I hope he's pissed about the Pro Bowl snub, and eats Manning alive.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Rome also apologized to his TV audience in the last couple days for the
abuse he and many others in the media laid on Mario & the Texans after the
2006 Draft, which I thought was a classy move.
But it's nice to see another one come around and admit to the errors of their
ways.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
It has become accepted wisdom around here that Mario plays better when he's mad.... if that's the case, then Mario should be a mad man this Sunday against Indy.
I hope he's pissed about the Pro Bowl snub, and eats Manning alive.
Booya! That's what I was going to say.

May this Pro Bowl snub continue to fuel the fire that burns in Mario's heart. I hope he plays like a man possessed these last two games and let's the entire nation know what a flawed system it is when we select Pro Bowlers with three weeks still left in the season.

Last edited by Double Barrel; 12-19-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Booya! That's what I was going to say.

May this Pro Bowl snub continue to fuel the fire that burns in Mario's heart. I hope he plays like a man possessed these last two games and let's the entire nation know what a flawed system it is when we select Pro Bowlers with three weeks still left in the season.
Let's hope he's this type of guy and not the type that throws in the towel because he wasn't picked.

If he has even a portion of what D-Ryans has shown us after being snubbed last year, Mario will be on a mission of mass destruction.
Old 12-19-2007   #18
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Memo to Mario :
THe Season begins in Sept, if you wait for Nov to start playing , you WILL get Hosed in the Pro Bowl selection every year!
Old 12-19-2007   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
Memo to Mario :
THe Season begins in Sept, if you wait for Nov to start playing , you WILL get Hosed in the Pro Bowl selection every year!
Memo to axman40:

Dude was defensive player of the week in Week 1 of the season against KC.

Sacks come in bunches. Kubiak said throughout the season that Williams was pressuring the QB a lot but that the sacks weren't happening yet but that he was happy with what he was seeing and he thought it would happen. Many folks preferred to mock what Kubiak said.
Old 12-19-2007   #20
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
Yes he did it was epic!
Quick shout out to Houston Texans stud, Mario Williams. Speaking on behalf the entire universe, sorry we crushed and vilified you before you had even stepped on to your first NFL field. Sorry, we annihilated you as the NFL’s Sam Bowie before you had even had a chance to rush your first NFL QB…and we’re all guilty of it.

Who amongst us didn’t jump the Texans for taking Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young. I mean, has there even been more pressure on a draft pick. Even if he succeeded, he still failed. No matter what he did, it would never be enough. Considering he went first and who he was taken over, he had to be a once in a lifetime player. Playing great wasn’t enough, he had to take over games by himself…and that’s exactly what he’s doing now. Taking over games. He hounded Jay Cutler last night like he owed him money or stole something from him…sacked him three and half times…giving him 9 in the last 5 games alone.
I didn't!!!!!!!!! (I wanted D'Brickashaw) LOL!!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read