Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

12-18-07 Mock Draft

beerlover

Hall of Fame
here is the latest attempt to capture how the draft might roll if held tomorrow, IMO. Not sure if y'all are gonna like this version more or not but it has evolved in a couple weeks due to teams draft order (this is current post week 15 draft order) underclassman movement, team needs & end of the College regular season. let the bowl games begin & the end of the NFL regular season/playoffs. enjoy :shades:

1 Miami 1-13 - Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU

The Dolphins will be working the phones. not because McFadden/Dorsey are not great prospects but because they have so many needs. Darren McFadden is the BPA but they already spent the #2 overall pick on Ronnie Brown in 2005, where have you heard this before "its the best football decision"? I don't see any tackle like Joe Thomas last year who might be worth the top overall pick, so if they are able to trade down I would expect them to address the OL with a tackle or still take Dorsey if there.

2 St. Louis Rams 3-11 - Chris Long, DE Virginia

Is Chris another Howe? a lot of people think he could be even better, his pass rushing skills are advanced & instinctive, he never quits, plays with a high motor. Excellent compliment to last years #1 pick Carriker who moved inside to tackle, maybe not a sexy pick but a solid future pro bowl type of cornerstone to a defense that still needs help.

3 NY Jets 3-11 - Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas

I'm a big fan of Jet fan, love their passion for the draft & their team so I'd like to see them land the best playmaker, despite the fact they have addressed the running game, maybe they become a trading partner for a team looking for RB help? (like to see Thomas Jones in a Texans uniform).

4 Atlanta Falcons 3-11 - Matt Ryan, QB Boston College

Anyone think Atlanta goes another direction other than QB? Who is the best of the lot? questions that will be addressed prior to the draft as well as who will coach them. IMO Matt has the best chance to lead a franchise early, due to his decision making, pocket presence & leadership under duress, it doesn't hurt that he can see the field being 6050 & standing tall with overhand deleivery.

5 New England (from San Francisco) 4-10 - James Laurinaitis, ILB Ohio State

The Patriots have the luxury of trading down, but if not they can always address their aging LB's with the top run plugger in the draft outstanding inside LB from the Ohio State Buckeyes. Would also look at Chris Long if he were available.

6 Baltimore 4-10 - Jake Long, OT Michigan

Groom to replace Ogdon with retirement fast approaching. could also take a QB with both Brohm & Woodson available if they fall in love with one of them. also could address DE with Vernon Gholston if Suggs gets away via free agency.

7 Kansas City - 4-10 Ryan Clady, OT Boise State

Grades out as the top tackle by draft time, ability to cover the edge size to counter the bull rush KC needs to rebuild their once proud line. excellent pick/fit.

8 Raiders 4-10 - Calais Campbell, DE Miami

Top 10 talent, raw with great measureables, reminds me of Mario Williams. Might also be eyeing Sam Baker, LT from USC but I think bpa wins out over need.

9 Cincinnati 5-9 - Chris Ellis, DE Virginia Tech

Very dissapointing, underachieving season for the Bengals. Marvin Lewis is supposed to be a defensive oriented coach so he addressed the secondary last year with 1st (Leon Hall) & 3rd (Marvin White) picks. this year they rank next to dead last in pass rush/sacks they need to address this need and their are still a couple solid DE's here on the draft board so which ever one they have ranked higher they should take. .

10 Chicago Bears 5-9 - Brian Brohm, QB Louisville

This offense stinks, plain & simple they need a game plan to rebuild it starting with the most important position & a real QB prospect.

11 Arizona 6-8 - Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB Ohio State

Can't stop anybody or pressure the QB DE is just too big of need to overlook at this point so take your choice of best available, Alot rides in the BCS game for assortment of OSU underclassman, with eye popping performances & outstanding combine #'s Gholston should be the next DE taken

12 Denver Broncos 6-8 - Sam Baker, OT USC

Been there done that, the Broncos must address protection for their very fine young QB Jay Cutler, bottom line. The Texans may wind up picking around this spot, which gives them an excellent shot at fullfilling the LT position but as it stands, need & value Denver opts for a quick, athletic tackle to protect the blind side,

13 Carolina 6-8 - Andre' Woodson, QB Kentucky

New coaching staff or Not they rebuild starting with a franchise QB. Andre' can make all the throws, has great size & strength to compete as a rookie for the starting spot..

14 Detroit Lions 6-8 - Kenny Phillips FS Miami

Detroit traded Dre' Bly wonder if they have any regrets? they rank next to last in the NFL pass defense. they could take another CB like Malcolm Jenkins but the bpa available that should have immediate impact for this secondary is Miami safety Kenny Phillips..

15 Philadelphia 6-8 - Sedrick Ellis, DT USC

Eagles love athletic defensive linemen & look to solidify their smash mouth style with another active big body. Is Bunkley another Travis Johnson? But as we all know you add talent to your defensive line & all the players level of play improves.

16 New Orleans 7-7 - Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio State
Address secondary with big physical CB who has all the tools. underclassman who should get a top 20 draft grade & come out early.

17 Buffalo Bills 7-7 - Dan Connor, MLB Penn State

Reunited and it feels so good....the Penn State connection. With a healthy Posluszny outside pairing former teammate Connor inside should produce outstanding results.

18 Houston Texans 7-7 - Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh (if Texans stay put)

Who's to say one, two, three years from now that Otah is not the bpa or the franchise LT the Texans have needed? Jeff might just have more long term upside than Jake Long who most people project as a top 10 pick. Otah, who is Nigerian, focused on basketball throughout his prep days, choosing to play football only during his senior year of high school. Yes, he is raw with only two years of division I football experience but he is a very athletic big wide body with excellent slide that can handle the speed or the bull rush, he completely shutdown two of the nations best pass rushing ends South Florida George Selvie & Virginia Chris Long.

19 Washington 7-7 - Reggie Smith, CB/FS Oklahoma

Big hole to fill, move Lanery over to SS & move Reggie into the FS position who is physical enough to deleiver & stand up to the pounding, a good wrap up tackler with excellent coverage skills.

20 Tennsesse 8-6 - DeSean Jackson, WR California

Offensive playmaker giving VY a pass catching speed burner, very hard to cover makes good comeback adjustment to the ball, excellent athlete.

21 Minnesota Vikings 8-6 - Aqib Talib, CB Kansas

I see Aqib moving to safety in the NFL because of his size & hitting ability. the Vikings defense is pretty solid otherwise & the offense is coming around nicely.

22 Seattle Seahawks 9-5 - Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois

Felix Jones will return to Arkansas (Petrino has already spoken to him about staying) & will be in the running with Jonathan Stewart as the #1 RB in the 09 draft. With Felix Jones & Jonathan Stewart returning to school, Rashard should come out & be the 2nd rb selected. Similar size & game as Shaun Alexander the perfect hand-off.

23 Dallas (from Cleveland) 9-5 - Antoine Cason, CB Arizona

Dallas owns two #1's they will need to spend one in the secondary & the other on RB if Jones leaves via free agency. the best cover corner is Antoine Cason.

24 Pittsburgh Steelers 9-5 - Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College

Believe they would take Otah if still available but adding the next best tackle is still a good fit helping Ben stay upright in the pocket & pounding the ball smash mouth style.

25 Tampa Bay Bucs 9-5 - Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma

Excellent #1 WR prospect big, physical, decent speed & good hands would really help the offense side of the ball.

26 New York Giants 9-5 - Martin Rucker, TE/WR Missouri

changing pick (Limas Sweed) due to injury questions yet to be resolved. Rucker could sneak here into the 1st rd. addressing 2 positions/needs. Giants seem snakebitten with injurys to both Plaxico Burress (Hamstring) & Jeremy Shockey (Fractured left fibula). Texans fans know all about those injurys, so Rucker makes perfect sense, big NFL body, snatches the ball w/strong hands & unafraid of contact @ TE or WR similar to Antonio Gates.

27 San Diego Chargers 9-5 - Mike Jenkins, CB South Florida

Hit gold with Antonio Cromartie, with Quentin Jammer losing a step they set their corners long term, Mike Jenkins has similar athletic ability & speed as Cromartie.

28 Jacksonville Jags 10-4 - Lawrence Jackson, DE USC

Bit of surprise here but I really like Paul Spicer who is a free agent, I think he gets more attention & money than anyone thinks right now & leaves thus opening a hole on the defensive line, maybe interested in Weaver (Texans would eat some of his contract) production from the RDE position is pathetic, Hayward/Hawkins have 3 1/2 sacks each..

29 Green Bay Packers 12-2 - Brandon Flowers, CB Virginia Tech

lots of upside, quick, physical if he projects to late 1st early 2nd he will jump to the pros. in this case he has some time to develop behind two of the best corners in the NFL, Charles Woodson & Al Harris but who are showing signs of slowing down.

30 San Francisco (from Indianapolis 12-2) - James Hardy, WR Indiana

Big need & good value here, hey you gotta start somewhere. 49ers might also be in trade mode to aquire another QB, would any of you trade Sage Rosenfels for this pick?

31 Dallas 11-2 - Chris Johnson, RB East Carolina

2nd pick changed (Mike Hart). more explosive 2nd level speed burner, hard to target & connect with solid shot need help to bring down if you can catch him. very impressed with his bowl performance & think it elevates him amont his peers, seems like a natural replacement for Jones.

32 New England 14-0 - (pick forfeited)

keyser

Veteran
here is the latest attempt to capture how the draft might roll if held tomorrow, IMO. Not sure if y'all are gonna like this version more or not
I don't follow players closely enough to evaluate how "accurate" this is, but I like it!

18 Houston Texans 7-7 - Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh (if Texans stay put)

Who's to say one, two, three years from now that Otah is not the bpa or the franchise LT the Texans have needed? Jeff might just have more long term upside than Jake Long who most people project as a top 10 pick. Otah, who is Nigerian, focused on basketball throughout his prep days, choosing to play football only during his senior year of high school. Yes, he is raw with only two years of division I football experience but he is a very athletic big wide body with excellent slide that can handle the speed or the bull rush, he completely shutdown two of the nations best pass rushing ends South Florida George Selvie & Virginia Chris Long.
I'd like to get an LT that we can depend on for the next 8-10 years. Otah seems like a good fit, as someone who has the potential to become dominant. The Texans seem to particularly value "upside" in their first round picks (at least over the last 2 years), so I bet if he were available, he'd be strongly considered. I think this is possibly the best the Texans can hope for this year

My worry, though, is that he'll have a good combine, rise up the charts, and be gone before the Texans pick. The other tackles (besides Long and Clady, who are very likely gone before the Texans pick) don't excite me as much.

30 San Francisco (from Indianapolis 12-2) - James Hardy, WR Indiana

Big need & good value here, hey you gotta start somewhere. 49ers might also be in trade mode to aquire another QB, would any of you trade Sage Rosenfels for this pick?
There've been other threads on this, but personally, I would trade with SF for the pick. If the trade were done before the draft, I might package it with our other 1st round pick to move up to grab one of the top LTs, if possible. Or, if we keep this one, pick up a CB that fell a bit, or get someone like Steve Justice.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
23 Dallas (from Cleveland) 9-5 - Antoine Cason, CB Arizona

Dallas owns two #1's they will need to spend one in the secondary & the other on RB if Jones leaves via free agency. the best cover corner is Antoine Cason.
I disagree with your Dallas analysis. CB is definitely a need. RB isn't. WR is. They still have Tyson Thompson who some say is just as good as Jones and who will split and play with Marion Barber. He returns kicks now. The have aging WRs though and they could use a playmaker to compliment TO, who is aging and Crayton.

tulexan

Hall of Fame
I'd rather have Reggie Smith. He can be our starting CB opposite Bennett and if Dunta returns to form, Smith can be moved over to FS and complete our secondary.

keyser

Veteran
Otah at 340 lbs at LT in our scheme? You sure?
Isn't Spencer even bigger? The stats I saw show Spencer at 6'5", 350, and Otah at 6'6", 340, so it doesn't seem all that different (if anything, Otah is lighter for his height). Spencer seemed to fit the system OK. And, one of the positives on Otah seems to be that he's potentially got good footwork with his basketball background, so I'm not sure he'd be that slow in game situations (though his 40 time likely would be). To be honest, though, I'm going mainly off of stats/discussions here - I haven't seen him play, so maybe he's just too slow.

I guess we'll see how things develop with Sherman leaving, but to this point, the Texans don't seem to have been running the Denver-style scheme. Because of that, I'm not sure they need or even want to be looking for the "smaller/faster" OL players. I'm betting that for the same reason they were OK with Spencer's size, and seemed to value potential in Okoye/Mario, they'll like Otah.

Imatexanfan

Hall of Fame
Dear Santa,

All I ask for Christmas is for the Houston Texans drafting Darren McFadden.

Hopefully that wish will come true.:specnatz:

rollinstone18

let it bleed
If that's how it pans out before we pick, I'd rather draft Smith, Mendenhall, or Oher. It's very possible they all stay in school though.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Otah at 340 lbs at LT in our scheme? You sure?
Yeah and the 5.35 scares the hell out of me. Also scared me out of Marcus McNeil and Jamaal Brown when they came out. I like 'em 5.0 or better if they are going to man the island on the left. If he can run a decent cone(s) drill without falling down, I'm on board.

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
Otah is a prospect that is so intruiging. Anyone know how his footwork and hands are? We need to just send a scout up to Pitt to watch the OL year round...that'd be something to have Otah and Spencer.

I'm starting to like Boone more and more as I watch him. I think he will be a dominant OT as he continues to develop. I don't see the Pace in him yet, but he is better than his current projected slot.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Isn't Spencer even bigger? The stats I saw show Spencer at 6'5", 350, and Otah at 6'6", 340, so it doesn't seem all that different (if anything, Otah is lighter for his height). Spencer seemed to fit the system OK. And, one of the positives on Otah seems to be that he's potentially got good footwork with his basketball background, so I'm not sure he'd be that slow in game situations (though his 40 time likely would be). To be honest, though, I'm going mainly off of stats/discussions here - I haven't seen him play, so maybe he's just too slow.

I guess we'll see how things develop with Sherman leaving, but to this point, the Texans don't seem to have been running the Denver-style scheme. Because of that, I'm not sure they need or even want to be looking for the "smaller/faster" OL players. I'm betting that for the same reason they were OK with Spencer's size, and seemed to value potential in Okoye/Mario, they'll like Otah.
SPencer is listed at 352 on IR report and played less than two games. Not sure much evaluation can be done. Also, as has been noted, Texans have run a mixture of Denver zone blocking and Sherman's offense. With Sherman an Aggie next season, I suspect we will see more of a Denver approach. I just think a LT that waves as the defense runs around him is not productive. I am not sure if height will help Otah in lugging his weight to the left and backwards. The info about his feet and basketball is helpful, thanks. Who knows? By next season our RBs may be different and a strong run blocker may be just the guy. Kubes does like to establish a running game.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I'm starting to like Boone more and more as I watch him. I think he will be a dominant OT as he continues to develop. I don't see the Pace in him yet, but he is better than his current projected slot.
I saw him earlier this month projected as a fourth round. Would you reach for him in third? What about 2nd if we pick that up in a trade down and go with another position in first?

I saw him earlier this month projected as a fourth round. Would you reach for him in third? What about 2nd if we pick that up in a trade down and go with another position in first?
I think he is going to keep rising. Right now I would say he is a solid third rounder, but I would expect him to go early to mid second come April.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
I think he is going to keep rising. Right now I would say he is a solid third rounder, but I would expect him to go early to mid second come April.
I haven't heard, is Boone or Oher coming out? when doing this Mock draft I tried to limit it as much as possible to the senior class with only those who've submitted paperwork & considered/sources sure bets to come out early.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I haven't heard, is Boone or Oher coming out? when doing this Mock draft I tried to limit it as much as possible to the senior class with only those who've submitted paperwork & considered/sources sure bets to come out early.
Can't google much on Boone. 6'8" seems solid and weight everywhere from 313 to 325lbs. 5.1 speed. No mention if he is coming out, but I hope so. I see Chris Williams from Vanderbilt 6'6" 315 5.25 and Mike McGlynn Pittsburgh 6'5" 318 5.25 in 2nd and a couple guys in 3rd of decent size and speed in third. We should be able to get a LT by third round but will be a crap shoot as to how he works in. Smith's Mojo seems to have been working just fine so far in draft.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Old Miss seems prety convinced that Oher will stay in school. His adoptive family seems prety steadfast on that. All of the Texas guys at last report. Your way is the bet way. If they don't have their paper work in, they are staying.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Just a nit pick beer lover..I think sweed is very raw. I will be surpried if he goes in the first round.

My big guess right now is the off brand Jenkins may pass the big school Jenkins. Lot of good coner prospects on the board. Like MM's, once the first one goes, there may be a run on them.

4 Atlanta Falcons 3-11 - Matt Ryan, QB Boston College

Anyone think Atlanta goes another direction other than QB? Who is the best of the lot? questions that will be addressed prior to the draft as well as who will coach them. IMO Matt has the best chance to lead a franchise early, due to his decision making, pocket presence & leadership under duress, it doesn't hurt that he can see the field being 6050 & standing tall with overhand deleivery.
What is tuna's history with drafting QBs in the first ?

Well he took Bledsoe in what '96 ?

http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/patriots.html

97 98 99 with the Jets ?

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I doubt that Bill drafts a QB with the 1st overall pick.
The last time the Big Tuna had the #1 pick, he traded down with the Rams (who took Orlando Pace). But, Parcells is on record as saying he would have selected Peyton Manning, had he declared for the draft as a junior. Combine that tidbit with the Bledsoe pick, and it's safe to say that Parcells will use the #1 pick on a QB...if he thinks it's the right QB.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
took chuck clemesnt late, 9.6, in the '97 draft.

http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/jets.html

Dallas : '03-'06...nope

http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/cowboys.html

Seems there is a clear trend here. this guy doesn't like to select QBs in the first round..if at all.
Bill also said that he would have taken Mario 1st .

Badboy here's a link to Miami's depth chart . They need both OL and DL ... so I guess it's the best player that brings something besides talent to the table . How about Chris Long ?

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/depth_chart.asp

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
Chris Long is definitely a Parcells' kinda guy. but overall he's all about d-line, so i'm pretty sure it's between Glenn Dorsey and Long right now.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Just a nit pick beer lover..I think sweed is very raw. I will be surpried if he goes in the first round.
this is one of those picks you just kinda shake your head & wait to see what develops. it makes sense to address WR via fa like Benard Berrian to line up opposite Plexico, but there are some really nice sized receivers going to be hanging around the end of the 1st rd. so I chose a local guy. right now throw a blanket over the bunch & see who sticks out later :)

My big guess right now is the off brand Jenkins may pass the big school Jenkins. Lot of good coner prospects on the board. Like MM's, once the first one goes, there may be a run on them.
far as this class being that deep @ cb I don't think its really anything special & thats including underclassman :cool:

PapaL

Loose Screw
The last time the Big Tuna had the #1 pick, he traded down with the Rams (who took Orlando Pace). But, Parcells is on record as saying he would have selected Peyton Manning, had he declared for the draft as a junior. Combine that tidbit with the Bledsoe pick, and it's safe to say that Parcells will use the #1 pick on a QB...if he thinks it's the right QB.
I'm not convinced the Dolphins and Bill would throw #1 overall money at a QB in this draft. The Dolphins have an old shaky foundation and need help at all positions - yes even RB with the unknown status of Ronnie. One thing is for sure, Bill knows players.

Scary to think Bill figured Miami was a better place than Atlanta. What does that say about Atlanta? Wow...

texasguy346

Mod Squad
Scary to think Bill figured Miami was a better place than Atlanta. What does that say about Atlanta? Wow...
I think it speaks more to the stability in Miami. There's a good group of veterans there for leadership, and Parcells could turn the Dolphins around quickly with a great draft or two to infuse the team with young talent. Plus it probably helps that Parcells already has a home in south Florida.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Bill also said that he would have taken Mario 1st .

Badboy here's a link to Miami's depth chart . They need both OL and DL ... so I guess it's the best player that brings something besides talent to the table . How about Chris Long ?

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/depth_chart.asp
Most mocks I've seen have Dorsey going to the fish. Do you think the guy they pick will effect Texans pick? I do not think so as most players in to 12 or so will stay there regardless of what spot. I do not see anyone falling. Maybe Clady?

badboy

Hall of Fame
I think it speaks more to the stability in Miami. There's a good group of veterans there for leadership, and Parcells could turn the Dolphins around quickly with a great draft or two to infuse the team with young talent. Plus it probably helps that Parcells already has a home in south Florida.
He and Jimmy Johnson can go fishing together.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
Most mocks I've seen have Dorsey going to the fish. Do you think the guy they pick will effect Texans pick? I do not think so as most players in to 12 or so will stay there regardless of what spot. I do not see anyone falling. Maybe Clady?
I'm not sure it would affect us unless they traded down and picked an OT right before us . I would think their target players are C. Long , Dorsey , and Mcfadden .

As long as he and Jimmy don't go sunbathing together Miami should be a better place .

beerlover

Hall of Fame
this Mock began with Miami trading down. makes sense pre tuna or not the basic dynamic is still in play, revamp the organization & maximize assets.

however this is a Mock Draft. the best prospects available @ their respective positions in relationship to NFL team needs & schemes :)

badboy

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure it would affect us unless they traded down and picked an OT right before us . I would think their target players are C. Long , Dorsey , and Mcfadden .

As long as he and Jimmy don't go sunbathing together Miami should be a better place .
My concern is they trade to a team behind us that also need a tackle and that puts one more team in the mix ahead of us. I am hoping they go with a defensive guy at pick #1. At least that is one team out of our way. The Vaderbilt guy and Alex Boone are looking better to me each day.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
My concern is they trade to a team behind us that also need a tackle and that puts one more team in the mix ahead of us. I am hoping they go with a defensive guy at pick #1. At least that is one team out of our way. The Vaderbilt guy and Alex Boone are looking better to me each day.
I listened to a Brown's beat writer about their method of picking players . He said they liked Big 10 players becuase they knew how to play in the cold and mud ... I thought Jake Long . This is that type of player ... a mudder .

To me our version might be a lighter on his feet guy like Baker , the Vandy guy , or even Boone even though he's a Big 10 guy . Our guy is guaranteed to play 9 games in good weather ( 8 home games , Indy ) so he does'nt have to be a bulldozer .

I like bulldozers because if you can run it down their throat , with 8 men in the box ... your a really good team .

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

December 21, 2007
Top 20 Draft Prospect for 2008 and sweet videos
2008 Top 20 Draft Prospects

1. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
2. Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
3. Chris Long, DE, Virginia
4. Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
5. Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
6. Vernon Ghoulston, DE, Ohio State
7. Jake Long, LT, Michigan
8. James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
9. Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
10. Ryan Clady, LT, Boise State
11. Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
12. Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
13. Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
14. Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami
15. Quentin Groves, OLB/DE, Auburn
16. Desean Jackson, WR, Cal
17. Dan Connor, LB, Penn State
18. Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
19. Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
20. Mike Jenkins, CB, S. Florida

beerlover

Hall of Fame
I enjoy'ed Lance Zierlein when he was on 610 hated to see him/station go another direction, although you can catch him now on 1560 in the mornings (I Believe). Does his blog & newsletter, been meaning to subscribe but have not done so yet. far as his top 20 I'm sure they're fluid & subject to change on a moments notice.

1. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
2. Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
3. Chris Long, DE, Virginia
4. Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC - impact interior lineman, built for a 3-4 NT position. I had him ranked as a top 10 pick but not a top 5 pick.
5. Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
6. Vernon Ghoulston, DE, Ohio State
7. Jake Long, LT, Michigan
8. James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
9. Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
10. Ryan Clady, LT, Boise State
11. Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida - both Calais Campbell & Chris Ellis are better prospects.
12. Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
13. Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
14. Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami
15. Quentin Groves, OLB/DE, Auburn - he slides because a team has to project him as a OLB, Keith Rivers is probably more ready.
16. Desean Jackson, WR, Cal
17. Dan Connor, LB, Penn State
18. Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
19. Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
20. Mike Jenkins, CB, S. Florida

Most everyone here is included in my Mock draft, closer to a realistic ranking not to mention paired up with NFL teams in their current draft order :)

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
So does Miami go Oline or Dline?
Or do they take the BPA, McFaddin. They took the boot last draft. Sent Chamber packing...buyers market. Seems to me they are collecting picks. Lotsa moss on that defense. The Texan's manhandled them. That can't be good.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
this is one of those picks you just kinda shake your head & wait to see what develops. it makes sense to address WR via fa like Benard Berrian to line up opposite Plexico, but there are some really nice sized receivers going to be hanging around the end of the 1st rd. so I chose a local guy. right now throw a blanket over the bunch & see who sticks out later :)

far as this class being that deep @ cb I don't think its really anything special & thats including underclassman :cool:
They always rise to the top of the board. I'm counting seven of them that will be off the board when we come up in the third. And I'm guessing that there will only be one and only one pure saftey gone by then. Whether that is stong or not ?