Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2007   #21
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Will Indy mail it in this weekend?

Harrison is OUT for this weekend's game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #22
austintexanite
All Pro

I believe that Dungy said he is going to play his starters against us and the Tacks, because they are division games and he wants his team to not lose any focus.
Old 12-18-2007   #23
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Seriously though, I wouldn't expect anything less than class from those guys.
"This isn't basketball. I cant play both ways. All we can do as an offense is try and score points."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … let's just say we had some problems with protection."

“Either give me all the credit when we win or give the team the blame when we lose.”

yeah, nothing but class from peyton

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
"This isn't basketball. I cant play both ways. All we can do as an offense is try and score points."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here … let's just say we had some problems with protection."

“Either give me all the credit when we win or give the team the blame when we lose.”

I really don't remember him making those comments... WOW!!!
Old 12-19-2007   #25
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyWeapons View Post
Hello again - I have returned!

And I just don't see it happening, guys. Your team is much-improved and we ARE banged-up, but I think it's also a priority to Dungy et al that we don't concede any home games to division teams.

What you may see - and benefit from - are some greater risks taken play-calling-wise on deep routes and things of that nature, as we've still got a lot of new and rookie players in starting positions that would benefit from the reps.

I'm not calling the game an Indy lock, I'm just saying you can probably expect to be played with the intention to dominate.
Indianapolis is 0-8 against the spread in Weeks 16 and 17 since 2003.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #26
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I really don't remember him making those comments... WOW!!!
I recall the first two not the third.
Old 12-19-2007   #27
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

The line for the game has fallen from -9 points for Indy to the current -7 points. It appears that the bookies are not as confident about the fighting spirit of the Colts as they were a few days ago.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2007   #28
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I would actually give us a good chance to win this game. Dungy is bold, but he isn't stupid. He isn't going to risk an injury to a big named player this close to the playoffs. Everyone will start, but I doubt everyone will finish. As for the actual game, Mario vs Ugoh is a dream match-up for us this time around. Ugoh is dinged and Mario is turning the corner, and will probably be out to prove something after being snubbed for the Pro Bowl, despite leading the AFC in sacks.

I won't give a score, but I think this is a fairly balanced matchup.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #29
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

From the conference call, it definitely sounded like the starters would be pulled at some point.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #30
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I recall the first two not the third.
The 3rd comment was after they beat the Ravens in the playoffs last year.

My favorite is the basketball one, though... which came right after we beat them last year.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #31
TooManyWeapons
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Indianapolis is 0-8 against the spread in Weeks 16 and 17 since 2003.
And...?

How does that stat look for Houston?

I'm not saying it's a lock - I really tried to make that clear by saying "I'm not saying it's a lock." Sorry for any ambiguity. I just don't think the Colts will be phoning it in this week. Dungy, Manning, and Polian have all made statements indicating that they'd be playing to win.
TooManyWeapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #32
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post

I thought the Colts passed on Ryan Leaf.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335888 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And...?

It looks like 1 W and 1 L both of which beat the spread.
Old 12-21-2007   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And...?

Looks great for this Houstonian.... well in my wallet anyway.
Old 12-21-2007   #35
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And...?

I'm not saying it's a lock - I really tried to make that clear by saying "I'm not saying it's a lock." Sorry for any ambiguity. I just don't think the Colts will be phoning it in this week. Dungy, Manning, and Polian have all made statements indicating that they'd be playing to win.
Indianapolis is in limbo. It can't catch the Patriots for homefield advantage. It cannot be surpassed by the Chargers and Steelers, given that both squads are three games behind them in the standings. So, the team's locked into the No. 2 seed. That means the Colts have absolutely nothing to play for. Its more a testamont to their great overall play & success during the Manning era, they have learned to prepare & last year, reach their goal winning the Superbowl. nothing to be gained by expousing your playoff aspirations letting a pissed, bypassed for the Pro-Bowl, #1 overall DE who's playing like the second coming of Bruce Smith & a team desperate to finally notch a winning season playing the best football since its inception
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #36
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Which NFL teams are getting the focus? NE and Dallas. Do you want to be able to say you beat Houston or say you went to Super Bowl? Key starters will get a few plays to "keep warm" and then should give way to backups. At least, if it were my choice.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read