Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2007   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will Indy mail it in this weekend?

What are the Texan's prospects for victory against the Colts this weekend?

I was talking with a friend of mine and noted that 1) Indy had sewn up a first round bye and 2) New England had locked up home field throughout the playoffs. I suggested that since the Colts had nothing left to play for, this would take the edge off of Indy and possibly give the Texans a better chance to win. In my opinion, if Indy was still battling for a bye, the Texans would very probably be dead meat.

My friend objected strongly and said he believed the Colts would play with the same intensity either way. However, based on the Texan's strong play the past two weeks, and the Colt's weak play, he thinks the Texans can beat the Colts this weekend even with the Colts going full blast.

What do you guys think? Since Indy has nothing left to play for, does this take the edge off of them? Might they rest some players? Can the Texans beat the Indianapolis Colts on the road?
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Will Indy mail it in this weekend?

Here's your answer:

Quote:
Colts coach Tony Dungy confirmed Monday that he won't rest his starters in Week 16 against the Texans.
An undefeated Colts team in 2005 sat starters in Weeks 16 and 17 and came out flat against Pittsburgh in the playoffs. "A month is a long time," Dungy said, referring to the time before Indianapolis would play its next game with a first-round bye already in hand. The Colts' victory over Oakland Sunday assured them of the No. 2 seed in the AFC.
Source: Indianapolis Star
Related: Peyton Manning
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I recall a 4-10 team beating Indy last Christmas Eve. I think our team will treat this one like a playoff game, simply because a franchise-first winning record is within reach.

Will the Colts play with the same intensity with everything wrapped up? I hope not!

Big game for us: first .500 season, first 3 game win streak, first time to beat Indy in their crib. Should we win, the team knows they are coming home to try to get that winning record during our last home game, which would be a positive vibe for the team and fans going into the off-season.
Old 12-17-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Colts coach Tony Dungy confirmed Monday that he won't rest his starters in Week 16 against the Texans.
But will they play the entire game? Will anyone with an injury greater than a hangnail see the field? Dungy has to keep the troops motivated, but he's not going to risk much this close to the playoffs.
Old 12-17-2007   #5
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Aren't they pretty banged up anyway? If the Texans can use some of the same formula as last Christmas eve, run, run, run, eat clock, allow as few possessions as possible, like 3 in the 2nd half and just 1 in the 4th quarter, then hell yeah the Texans can win and probably should win.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Bob Sanders is healthy...that's the running defense right there.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I cannot wait to see Mario get after Peyton. If he gets good pressure on 18 early, I can't imagine Dungy wouldn't sit him after halftime.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2007   #8
SICLICK
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 SICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden cover

Thats a good question.
I dont think we will win. I would love for us to close out the season with 3 straight wins.
SICLICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #9
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICLICK View Post
Thats a good question.
I dont think we will win. I would love for us to close out the season with 3 straight wins.
I want 4!
Old 12-17-2007   #10
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw a guy in the "Bookmaker's Room" of OALAH.com is giving the Texans 10 points and 10-1 odds. I need to get my pick in.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #11
TooManyWeapons
Rookie

Hello again - I have returned!

And I just don't see it happening, guys. Your team is much-improved and we ARE banged-up, but I think it's also a priority to Dungy et al that we don't concede any home games to division teams.

What you may see - and benefit from - are some greater risks taken play-calling-wise on deep routes and things of that nature, as we've still got a lot of new and rookie players in starting positions that would benefit from the reps.

I'm not calling the game an Indy lock, I'm just saying you can probably expect to be played with the intention to dominate.
TooManyWeapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

In any event, I will be sitting Peyton Manning and starting Ben Rothlisberger in my Fantasy Playoff game this weekend.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Man, I cannot wait to see Mario get after Peyton. If he gets good pressure on 18 early, I can't imagine Dungy wouldn't sit him after halftime.
Well I've brought this up befor...he's going against Tony Ugoh this game. Kid is dinged ...but ...

If we get up on the colts three scores...he'll pitch in the towel. Sorgi will go in.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-18-2007 at 11:47 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that if Mario can get a clean, clear shot at Manning that'll be the last we see of him.

I don't expect Sanders to play the full game either.

Dungy neds to play his guys to keep them sharp, but there is no need for them to play the full game. Imagine the outcry in Indy if either Manning or Sanders or Adai gets hurt in the second half of the game.

Indy gains nothing by winning this game, but they can lose nearly everything if the suffer an injury to one of their big names.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I want us to beat the Colts with their best effort.
Old 12-18-2007   #16
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

it's easy...

if the colts win, they will say they were going fullspeed

if the Texans win, the colts will say they eased up on the play and were just there for the giggles..
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #17
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1277 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138 View Post
it's easy...

if the colts win, they will say they were going fullspeed

if the Texans win, the colts will say they eased up on the play and were just there for the giggles..
There is no way any member of the Colts would say that. A Colts fan might but don't expect to hear that out of Dungy's or Manning's mouth.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
There is no way any member of the Colts would say that. A Colts fan might but don't expect to hear that out of Dungy's or Manning's mouth.
The only thing I want to hear out of Manning's mouth is "cut that meat - cut that meat".

Seriously though, I wouldn't expect anything less than class from those guys.
Old 12-18-2007   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Heaven help Dungy if a starter gets hurt in the second half.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #20
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I am playing Addai for sure in my fantasy league this week. Still up in the air about Gonzalez or Clark. So, yeah I am hoping DUngy plays them(but of course I am hoping for a Texans win).

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read