Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2007   #101
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pro Bowl: Demeco in/Mario, others alternates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
You mis heard it what they said. they were talking about Porter who was let go by the Steelers and the guy who replaced him goes to the pro-bowl.

They did give props to Mario but just barely.
No, I didn't mishear. While i agree that they talked about Porter, ESPN had a list of the players by position. By Demeco's name was team "Pitt".

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #102
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
No, I didn't mishear. While i agree that they talked about Porter, ESPN had a list of the players by position. By Demeco's name was team "Pitt".
I was only listening so I did not see it. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-18-2007   #103
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, but I'll bet that Kornheiser and other clowns at ESPN are upset that
little Reggie didn't make the squad ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #104
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was only listening so I did not see it. Thanks for the clarification.
NP. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I listened carefully to see if one of them would make a verbal correction but they didn't. They didn't even make a big deal that he is starting over Ray Ray. All they said was "Demeco Ryans: tackling machine".

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 12-18-2007   #105
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

From the Colts MB:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsnum1fan
They put some guy I have never heard of from the Texans .
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunk-juice
DeMeco Ryans? he is good, but he is no Gray Brackett

and i have no idea why Ray Lewis is in there [ugh]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunk-juice
way better than Ryans anyway...
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #106
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Serious Pro Bowl Possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Demeco is the starting MLB, no Mario or any other Texans.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story;jse...o&confirm=true
Did anyone mention ESPN listed Demeco as "PIT?" I hate ESPN.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #107
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
NP. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I listened carefully to see if one of them would make a verbal correction but they didn't. They didn't even make a big deal that he is starting over Ray Ray. All they said was "Demeco Ryans: tackling machine".
I am reading comments on espin on the comments section left by fans, and I can honestly say the fans get it more than the other 2/3 voters, ok some fans.

Biggest robbed for AFC is

Fred Taylor how in the hell is he left off over part-timer Marion Barber and Willie Parker.

Mario Williams 13 sacks leads AFC who the hell is voting Hellen Keller.

Kellen Winslow, Derek Anderson and Gerrard(sp) are getting a lot of complaints as well.
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2007   #108
awtysst
Draft Guru

Default Re: Serious Pro Bowl Possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Did anyone mention ESPN listed Demeco as "PIT?" I hate ESPN.
Yup. I did a little earlier.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 12-18-2007   #109
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

<<<<<< The best Crunk on NFL fan boards
crunkbuc4d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am reading comments on espin on the comments section left by fans, and I can honestly say the fans get it more than the other 2/3 voters, ok some fans.

Biggest robbed for AFC is

Fred Taylor how in the hell is he left off over part-timer Marion Barber and Willie Parker.

Mario Williams 13 sacks leads AFC who the hell is voting Hellen Keller.

Kellen Winslow, Derek Anderson and Gerrard(sp) are getting a lot of complaints as well.
Marion Barber is in the NFC.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #111
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
Marion Barber is in the NFC.
I mistyped that, was reading something else at the same time as typing.
Old 12-18-2007   #112
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They put some guy I have never heard of from the Texans
what the...? what an *****.

Jason Taylor sucked this year. he doesn't deserve the Pro Bowl spot over Mario Williams. not even close.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #113
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

11 Cowboys and 8 Patriots. Is there any doubt who the league favorites are?
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #114
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

they're also the two best teams in the leagues. kinda makes sense.
Old 12-18-2007   #115
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

It'll be kinda a slap in the face if Mario makes the All Pro team but not the Pro Bowl. How often does that happen? Can't be too many.
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #116
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Kris Brown is a much better kicker than Briones. Just because our TEXANS let him make us look like fools doesn't make him a pro-bowler. JMO!!
No.

Mario should have been in over Taylor and should be starting alongside Allen, with KVB on the 2nd team
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #117
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else find it odd that the best division in the NFL has one of the fewest number of Pro-Bowlers. Not the fewest cause the NFL South has a massize 0.

NFC East 17
NFC North 15
AFC West 12
AFC North 11
AFC East 10
NFC West 10
AFC South 9
NFC South 0
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #118
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Anybody else find it odd that the best division in the NFL has one of the fewest number of Pro-Bowlers. Not the fewest cause the NFL South has a massize 0.

NFC East 17
NFC North 15
AFC West 12
AFC North 11
AFC East 10
NFC West 10
AFC South 9
NFC South 0
wow, none at all from the NFC South? good lord. i can understand the Falcons and Panthers since they're just completely devoid of any exceptional talent, but still.

there's something to be said for a team that plays well as a team. could be the case for the AFC South.
Old 12-18-2007   #119
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

NFC East 17
NFC North 15
AFC West 12
AFC North 11
AFC East 10
NFC West 10
AFC South 9
NFC South 0
Del Rio and Gruden should be shoe-ins for Coach of the Year since they have no talent on their rosters.

BTW, I would rather have a player be named to the All Pro team rather than the pro Bowl.
Old 12-18-2007   #120
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Straight up BS that Mario got the alternate but hopefully he finds a way in this year. No reason not to vote the guy in, he's had a phenomenal season. I can't bring myself to call it a career year, even though it is, due to the fact that this is only year #2. Kyle VDB and Jason Taylor will be passed up next year, no doubt about that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read