Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2007   #61
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pro Bowl: Demeco in/Mario, others alternates

This is messed up. I feel cheated for some reason. I mean, its a big deal that Demeco beat our Ray Ray, but Mario is better than Vandenbosh, and Taylor played OLB this year. Give me a break.
Old 12-18-2007   #62
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

K Kris Brown, DE Mario Williams and FS Will Demps were all named as alternates for the AFC squad.

http://www.khou.com/sports/texans/st....2b5e9247.html
Old 12-18-2007   #63
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

DeMeco Live Press Conference at 345
http://houstontexans.com/tv/index.as...24&play_clip=Y
Old 12-18-2007   #64
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice move be the NFL to put Sean Taylor on the Pro-Bowl roster.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #65
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It happens every year. The pro-bowl has developed into nothing but a joke.
That's why I wasn't sitting around with bated breath waiting for it to come out. I knew I would be laughing at what a joke the current system is.
Old 12-18-2007   #66
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

J'ville got 0 players on the squad.
Old 12-18-2007   #67
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Serious Pro Bowl Possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think if I remember correctly that's why VY went last year. He was like the 2nd alternate behind Tom Brady who decided he didn't want to play in it. And Phillip Rivers couldn't because of an injury.
Acctually VY was like the 5th alternate. He only went because when it came down to Steve McNair it was handed to him on a silver plater.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2007   #68
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Serious Pro Bowl Possibilities

Congrats to DeMeco Ryans and the Houston Texans! I was not expecting DeMeco to get in but that was a pleasant surprise. As for Mario Williams I feel bad for him because he truly deserved to be a Pro-Bowler this year. But more fuel for the fire I guess. Mario should use this a motivation to have a better year overall instead of playing well in the second half of the season.
Old 12-18-2007   #69
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

How many games did Will Demps play in?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #70
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Man, DeMeco is getting the start in front of Ray Lewis...how cool must that be for DeMeco. I just hope he can go with his knee.
I'm glad he got in, but I don't want him to play unless he's healthy, he'll get to more probowls.
Old 12-18-2007   #71
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
How many games did Will Demps play in?
7, maybe 8 at the most?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #72
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
I like the AFC's three defensive ends -- Kansas City's Jared Allen, Tennessee's Kyle Vanden Bosch, and Miami's Jason Taylor. But I would can't help but wonder what happened to Houston's Mario Williams. True, his biggest game (3½ sacks) didn't come until Week 15 against Denver, but he was having a strong enough year before then to merit a trip to the Pro Bowl.
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story;jse...o&confirm=true
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #73
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
J'ville got 0 players on the squad.
I almost hope they win the SB just to show how screwed up the probowl selection system is. Wait, what the hell am I saying!?!
Old 12-18-2007   #74
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

All vandenBosch did was to help the Jags, Broncos, and Bengals averaged 32.33 points in 3 losses without Haynesworth playing.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #75
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I almost hope they win the SB just to show how screwed up the probowl selection system is. Wait, what the hell am I saying!?!
I know. As much as I hate to say it, the Jags deserved at least 1 person named to the roster, espically from their D.

Damn it, now I feel like I need a shower for saying that.
Old 12-18-2007   #76
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed that Demps is the alternate. I wonder if he will go in Polamalu's place? Polamalu has been injured.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #77
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

What does it mean to be named an alternate? Does that mean that these guys are first in line in the event that someone gets injured or backs out...or does the NFL list certain players on every team as possible alternates?

I thought the comment about Demps was a joke. I thought he has played well for our squad, but had no idea that he had distinguished himself amongs all safties to that extent...
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #78
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I noticed that Demps is the alternate. I wonder if he will go in Polamalu's place? Polamalu has been injured.
Demps is a FS... Polamalu is a SS.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #79
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Yeah, that's all we need is our UFA's going to the damn probowl.
Old 12-18-2007   #80
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Yeah, that's all we need is our UFA's going to the damn probowl.
Yeah, hopefully if Kubiak and Smith think is the answer at FS they are already talking to him about re-signing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read