Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2007   #21
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt will probably backup this week and play next

Cracks me up. I think this board has seen enough of HWWNBN's play that some people go nuts over the medicore QB play of Rosenfels.

The guy hasn't been on fire but he's gotten the job done well enough and I think the staff has done a good job of knowing what Sage can and can't do. They haven't asked him to do a whole lot and our Oline has done well enough in getting a running game going. Not to mention despite missing quite a few games AJ still might go to the pro bowl!

This situation reminds me of AJ Feely and the Eagles a few years back. They didn't ask him to do a lot and Andy Reid learned he can run the ball. Goes off to Miami and does nothing now he's back in Philly backing up McNabb.

Keep up the Sage for president chants irregaurdless of the reality of matters.

If Matt isn't 100% healthy I don't think he should start. I'm not the biggest Sage convert but whatever I want a .500 season finally and I don't care Specnatz or whomever on this board is starting.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #22
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Cracks me up. I think this board has seen enough of HWWNBN's play that some people go nuts over the medicore QB play of Rosenfels.

The guy hasn't been on fire but he's gotten the job done well enough and I think the staff has done a good job of knowing what Sage can and can't do. They haven't asked him to do a whole lot and our Oline has done well enough in getting a running game going. Not to mention despite missing quite a few games AJ still might go to the pro bowl!

This situation reminds me of AJ Feely and the Eagles a few years back. They didn't ask him to do a lot and Andy Reid learned he can run the ball. Goes off to Miami and does nothing now he's back in Philly backing up McNabb.

If Matt isn't 100% healthy I don't think he should start. I'm not the biggest Sage convert but whatever I want a .500 season finally and I don't care Specnatz or whomever on this board is starting.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Sage has been good in relief, but it's not like he is looking like Tom Brady out there. Matt is also not looking like David Carr out there when he is playing. Sage is playing great, but Matt was looking like a top 10 QB in the league when the team was healthy and was knocked out of a few games by a cheap shot and an awkward fall.

I'm almost positive that none of the coaches or GM would even consider starting Sage over Schaub if both are healthy.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #23
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

If I start at QB we would lose, I can't see over the line being I am shorter than Darius walker and my 40 time is up over 6 seconds and my arm strength is not what it used to be, unless you count chunking a empty 12 oz. Also, I have not played QB since the 5th grade so I maybe a bit rusty, but if that is what the team wants I will suit up for a game and give it my best shot, maybe I can get one of Tom Brady's cast offs.

Last edited by Specnatz; 12-18-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: OK I thought it was funny.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #24
austintexanite
All Pro

If Matt is healthy enough to play, then I think he should. I like both qb's, but I think Matt need's more game reps. I liked what I saw when we had a healthy team and he was leading the charge.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read