Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Mario is still # 2 in the NFL in sacks!!!

Kerney didn't register any sacks this week so Mario is 1/2 sack behind Kerney with 2 games to play. Here's to Super Mario ending the season as this season's NFL sack king!!!

Old 12-17-2007   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario is still # 2 in the NFL in sacks!!!

I'm with you Joker, but Manning and Garrard are pretty tough to bring down because one is smart and has a quick release, the other can run. Their backups however, have no chance if they're within arms length of Super Mario. (que the music!!!)
Old 12-17-2007   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

It will make Mario's achievement that much sweeter when he overtakes Kerney with a sack of Manning next week!!!
Old 12-17-2007   #4
Ckw

Hey I mean I'm all for getting psyched at Mario's recent performances. But don't you think you guys are getting a bit presumptuous? Yes I see some greatness in Mario's future. And yes if he keeps up what he's been doing over the long haul, he would go down as one of the best ever. But I say we don't let the man get too fool of himself just yet. He still has a lot to show us, and I want to see more.
Old 12-17-2007   #5
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Kerney didn't register any sacks this week so Mario is 1/2 sack behind Kerney with 2 games to play. Here's to Super Mario ending the season as this season's NFL sack king!!!

Was just about to make a thread asking this.

Old 12-17-2007   #6
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
I'm with you Joker, but Manning and Garrard are pretty tough to bring down because one is smart and has a quick release, the other can run. Their backups however, have no chance if they're within arms length of Super Mario. (que the music!!!)
Garrard would rather give up a sack than throw and INT and well Manning, if he gets a sack there then I vote for Mario for president.
Old 12-17-2007   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Hey I mean I'm all for getting psyched at Mario's recent performances. But don't you think you guys are getting a bit presumptuous? Yes I see some greatness in Mario's future. And yes if he keeps up what he's been doing over the long haul, he would go down as one of the best ever. But I say we don't let the man get too fool of himself just yet. He still has a lot to show us, and I want to see more.
Presumptuous? Yes we have seen that for the last year and a half in a multitude of threads, on this board, and in different mediums. It is not to often that one of your players is leading the conference in sacks this late in the season, so please be easy on those of us who are fans of a player, on our own team, that has an oppotunity to be the league leader in an important statistical metric for his role.

Last edited by Kaiser Toro; 12-17-2007 at 10:03 AM.
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2007   #8
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Presumptuous about what? He *is* 1/2 sack behind Kerney who leads the NFL. And he had a bunch of multiple-sack games recently. Nothing saying he can't do it again next week or the week after and take the lead. I think it's nice to lead in something positive for a change.
Old 12-17-2007   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post

From your mouth to God's ears baby!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats the over under ? ..... I'll say 16 for Mario by seasons end .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did TexanMike steal someones log-in and post on someone else's account?

Just Kidding Mike and CKw.

Thank God I chose not to eat my cheerios this morning.

Kick some Ass and do not worry about the names Mario, keep up the good work.
Old 12-17-2007   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be very happy if Mario wins the sack award for our conference, as that
should help in PB balloting in the future as I don't expect him to make it this year.
Actually I want DeMeco to make it more than Mario and think he's more deserving, though I'd sure be thrilled if both did but not gonna happen IMO.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good post. I'm as happy as everyone else, but it doesn't mean that the other 2 guys (VY & RB) can't make the leap that Mario apparently has made in subsequent years, hence it doesn't mean that we were right & everyone else was wrong. What he's doing has no bearing on the other 2. All it means is that mario is tapping into the huge potential the texans front office knew he had.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
Whats the over under ? ..... I'll say 16 for Mario by seasons end .
I don't know. Mario gets one of the hardest QBs to bring down in Manning next. He'll be doing well to get a sack against Indy.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #15
austintexanite
All Pro

It would be pretty amazing for Mario to lead the NFL in sacks, and in only his second year. As other posters have said it will be pretty tough to bring down Manning and Garrard, however, after all the grief he received last year I'm hoping he does lead the NFL in sacks.
Old 12-17-2007   #16
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post

Remember though...Mario was drafted for the purpose of turning Manning into a spoiled brat and throw his OL under the bus after games! I think it's about time Mario turned Peyton's pretty little white jersey green and brown!

If Mario isn't motivated for this game and the next to not only have a chance to make it to the pro bowl, but lead the NFL in sacks...nothing at this point will. Remember, he wanted to break the single-season sack record this year...here's to 10 sacks in 2 games (wishful thinking I know)!!!

TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #17
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Presumptuous? Yes we have seen that for the last year and a half in a multitude of threads, on this board, and in different mediums. It is not to often that one of your players is leading the conference in sacks this late in the season, so please be easy on those of us who are fans of a player, on our own team, that has an oppotunity to be the league leader in an important statistical metric for his role.
Quite defensive now aren't we? Look none of you guys know me but the fact is I'm as big of a fan as any of you guys. So I'm not trying to keep you from being excited about how well Mario has been doing. Hell I'm as excited as any of you! The Broncos game was easily the best game I've ever been to (but considering my games this year were the Titans and Colts, that doesn't say a whole lot). But no doubt Mario's performance was the greatest DEFENSIVE performance I have ever witnessed live. He was in Cutler's face all night. I believe Mario could be one of the best ever at his position, IF he does not get too full of himself. Let's give the man the chance to keep showing us more.

Last edited by Ckw; 12-17-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-17-2007   #18
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Did TexanMike steal someones log-in and post on someone else's account?

Just Kidding Mike and CKw.

Thank God I chose not to eat my cheerios this morning.

Kick some Ass and do not worry about the names Mario, keep up the good work.
Man I don't know what the deal is because you guys certainly did not get the point of my post. As I said, I believe if he keeps doing what he has been doing, he would become quite possibly the greatest ever at his position. I never downgraded his performance. I never said he got lucky or that there was simply poor pass protection. It was a dominating performance. But some posts have contained quotes about the greatness in Mario's future and the numerous pro bowls, etc. All I care about is that the man does not get too high on himself. If he does, it could send him right back to where he came from: mediocre land. I want more from Mario. I want Super Bowls from Mario and numerous Pro Bowls.
Old 12-17-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's a big step in the right direction that we can even have this thread and discussion!
Old 12-17-2007   #20
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey I mean I'm all for getting psyched at Mario's recent performances. But don't you think you guys are getting a bit presumptuous?
this is the part that irritated everyone...

The three posts in front of you made no reference to multiple pro-bowls, etc. They made reference ONLY to hoping Mario could get the sack lead THIS season. That doesn't sound "presumptuous", only hopeful.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read