Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-16-2007   #1
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Roy Williams suspended

The guy refuses to stop horse-collaring people. Anyone watching the Eagles Cowboys game knows exactly what I am talking about. I have seem him do it at least twice this year before today.

You would think that he would stop doing it when they created the penalty JUST for him. He is out of control and should be suspended for the rest of the year.

Thoughts?
Old 12-16-2007   #2
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roy Williams should be suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Thoughts?
I'm sure it was an accident. If not, then he knows we don't need any more the the 15 yard variety. Remember the contract!
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #3
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

His horse collars are friggin hilarious to watch. I love his reaction everytime he get's flagged. He acts suprised and like he was just accused of murder.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #4
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
His horse collars are friggin hilarious to watch. I love his reaction everytime he get's flagged. He acts suprised and like he was just accused of murder.

You think he's practicing for his career after football?
Old 12-16-2007   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't know what a player is supposed to do when they're coming from behind to tackle a player.

Should they just let him go??

It looked (to me) that he tried to grab the shirt, and pull him down. Which is a new rule for this year.

IT's the most natural way to stop someone when you're coming from behind.

I understand the Danger. I understand it's got to stop, I understand he's a Cowboy, but I don't know what he's supposed to do.
Old 12-16-2007   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know what a player is supposed to do when they're coming from behind to tackle a player.

Should they just let him go??

It looked (to me) that he tried to grab the shirt, and pull him down. Which is a new rule for this year.

IT's the most natural way to stop someone when you're coming from behind.

I understand the Danger. I understand it's got to stop, I understand he's a Cowboy, but I don't know what he's supposed to do.
Seems it'd be easiest to trip the receiver's feet up. Tackling by pulling on a jersey is a real good way to hurt your hands. I know it hurt mine when I did it in high school. I sought out other alternatives and found that punching my facemask in their numbers was the best way to make a tackle. I also played middle linebacker so I wasn't really chasing down players down an open field. I also don't watch every NFL game so take what I said with a grain of salt because I can't back up what I'm saying with absolute certainity. I can only state what I see and it appears that Roy Williams does this more than most football players in the league. It's against the rules and if he keeps breaking them, more action against him may be warranted. The flags aren't stopping him from doing it.

I'd just try and trip them up or not let them blow past me. That's just me though.
Old 12-16-2007   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
the shirt? no.. he clearly grabbed mcnabb's collar
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2007   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The guy refuses to stop horse-collaring people. Anyone watching the Eagles Cowboys game knows exactly what I am talking about. I have seem him do it at least twice this year before today.

You would think that he would stop doing it when they created the penalty JUST for him. He is out of control and should be suspended for the rest of the year.

Thoughts?
I mentioned this earlier in the year too. The rule came about when he was hurting players and possibly ruining careers, and I still see him use the horsecollar all the time. I think the league should take harsher action with him myself.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I mentioned this earlier in the year too. The rule came about when he was hurting players and possibly ruining careers, and I still see him use the horsecollar all the time. I think the league should take harsher action with him myself.
I agree.

In other news the Eagles are now up 10-6 on the Cowboys.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's most likely getting fined. McNabb was inches from a career ending injury.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
He's most likely getting fined. McNabb was inches from a career ending injury.
I guarantee you that he will be fined.... but is that enough? The guy is making millions of dollars. A 15,000 dollar fine is nothing for him.

Maybe a few weeks on the bench will do well for him.
Old 12-16-2007   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I'm sure it was an accident. If not, then he knows we don't need any more the the 15 yard variety. Remember the contract!
Are you....SERIOUS! Dude. How do you reach into a guy's jersey and sling him to the deck by his shoulder pads...BY ACCIDENT!? You do it a few times and injure a few guys and the league INVENTS a PENALTY (which many call YOUR penalty) to stop you from doing it and you persist!The horse collar on McNabb didn't look like an accident.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #13
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Are you....SERIOUS! Dude. How do you reach into a guy's jersey and sling him to the deck by his shoulder pads...BY ACCIDENT!? You do it a few times and injure a few guys and the league INVENTS a PENALTY (which many call YOUR penalty) to stop you from doing it and you persist!The horse collar on McNabb didn't look like an accident.

I try to be fair even if it's my favorite team. I will rewind the DVR tomorrow to examine further, then give my unbiased opinion.
Old 12-17-2007   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I try to be fair even if it's my favorite team. I will rewind the DVR tomorrow to examine further, then give my unbiased opinion.
That my friend is why I respect you. You're alright...for a Cowboy fan.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thoughts?
I agree. The dude is flagrant in his breaking the rule, and should be penalized gametime when he refuses to even acknowledge the fact that the NFL has created a rule specifically because of his history.

I'm not speaking from being a Cowboy-hater....that's just a bonus!
Old 12-17-2007   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I agree. The dude is flagrant in his breaking the rule, and should be penalized gametime when he refuses to even acknowledge the fact that the NFL has created a rule specifically because of his history.

I'm not speaking from being a Cowboy-hater....that's just a bonus!
I agree whole-heartedly.

And as long as we are on the subject......everytime I see Laron Landry play he makes dirty hits/un-neccessary roughness, etc. He really needs to be fined or suspended. Very blatanly hits people late, out of bounds.....and I don't go out of my way to watch the Redskins play.
Old 12-17-2007   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Suspended for one game with no pay
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #18
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really surprised, but pleased. I didn't think they would suspend him, I thought he deserved it - I just didn't believe they would do it.
Old 12-17-2007   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One down and Laron Landry to go.
Old 12-17-2007   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

How much longer till he does it again? I'm setting the over/under at 2.5 games.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read