Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nobody vs. Texans No Game Day Thread

GlassHalfFull

Hall of Fame
Seems strange to be sitting here on Sunday with a win under our belts and no Texans game to watch. Different from a bye week, in that we know we have our win and can watch and see how the other games develop.

corytx8

Rookie
This will be a good thread to talk about the bills/Browns game. Probably the other big game for the texans this week. Its a must win for the Bills for us Texans fans.

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
Playoffs. Harumph. Whatever. I don't care. I'm not wishing for the Browns and Titans to lose. I just don't care about them! I just want the Texans to win. If we make the playoffs. Great! If we don't. Great! I just want to go 9-7 and destiny will take us whereever it takes us. If we go 9-7, we will have named ourselves as a marquee FA resting place for the 2008 season. I'm very very happy with the Texans right now. We had some bad games but I've forgotten about those. They're done and over with. Who cares! I do not want our destiny to be counted on other teams losing. I want us to be in control of our destiny. I want Mario Williams to shut out the league and lead the NFL in sacks. I want Amobi to demolish that rookie wall. I want DeMeco Ryans to put a stop to the Addai movement. I want a new Texans flag for christmas. Sage or Schaub? I don't care! As long as they're getting the job done! Playoffs would be icing on the cake.

:shades:

I'm estatic with the Houston Texans. I believe in the Houston Texans right now. Say it with me, guys!!!

I BELIEVE!!!

:fans:

gary

Hall of Fame
This will be a good thread to talk about the bills/Browns game. Probably the other big game for the texans this week. Its a must win for the Bills for us Texans fans.
Don't foreget about KC and the Titans game. Also those darn Jags.

axman40

Hall of Fame
The ONLY GAME that will end all hope of making the playoffs this week is Browns vs Bills.Browns win and the Texans palyoff chance is GONE!
Sure having the Titans lose is always NICE!
The Jags has no meaning except Texans have to beat them in 2 weeks!
:texflag:

corytx8

Rookie
Don't foreget about KC and the Titans game. Also those darn Jags.
You also have a good point. As of only today, I'm a bills and chiefs fan, hopefully the two can put together good games and beat the browns and the titans

corytx8

Rookie
Playoffs. Harumph. Whatever. I don't care. I'm not wishing for the Browns and Titans to lose. I just don't care about them! I just want the Texans to win. If we make the playoffs. Great! If we don't. Great! I just want to go 9-7 and destiny will take us whereever it takes us. If we go 9-7, we will have named ourselves as a marquee FA resting place for the 2008 season. I'm very very happy with the Texans right now. We had some bad games but I've forgotten about those. They're done and over with. Who cares! I do not want our destiny to be counted on other teams losing. I want us to be in control of our destiny. I want Mario Williams to shut out the league and lead the NFL in sacks. I want Amobi to demolish that rookie wall. I want DeMeco Ryans to put a stop to the Addai movement. I want a new Texans flag for christmas. Sage or Schaub? I don't care! As long as they're getting the job done! Playoffs would be icing on the cake.

:shades:

I'm estatic with the Houston Texans. I believe in the Houston Texans right now. Say it with me, guys!!!

I BELIEVE!!!

:fans:
You have made a excellent point, but I'm gonna take it from another point of View. I want my Texans to win too. But at the same time, we are alive in the wild card race. We are window shopping just waiting for the store to open. If the Bills and Chiefs win this week, the keys are in the lock for the door to the playoffs for my Texans.

After this week, we need the key to unlock the door for it can be open. :texflag:

DiehardChris

You betcha!
The playoffs are a pipe dream this year, and as optimistic as we all are - we all know that.

HOWEVER - the longer we stay alive in the race, the better chances are that NBC picks us up for the flex game in Week 17 against Jacksonville. I want another Battle Red national TV game!

ATX

Hall of Fame
Yep, if you're a Texan fan, you should be rooting for the Bills and Chiefs. If we get to the playoffs, the only way is with the Jags as the other wildcard. Cleveland must lose every game from here on out or we're out.

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
from another thread

i thought the jags were home and hosed.. but if they lose to PITT(quite possible) and oakland (any given sunday) and we beat the colts... that would set up a last week battle red PRIMETIME showdown!!

utahmark

markbeth
The ONLY GAME that will end all hope of making the playoffs this week is Browns vs Bills.Browns win and the Texans palyoff chance is GONE!
Sure having the Titans lose is always NICE!
The Jags has no meaning except Texans have to beat them in 2 weeks!
:texflag:
from what i can tell the jags game may have more meaning and we may actually want cleveland to win. course i really dont think we make the playoffs but if we can stay in it another week, all the better.

ATX

Hall of Fame
from another thread

i thought the jags were home and hosed.. but if they lose to PITT(quite possible) and oakland (any given sunday) and we beat the colts... that would set up a last week battle red PRIMETIME showdown!!
The game won't mean much actually if the Browns win 1 game or if the Bills and Titans win 2 games. But we have to beat the Jags to get in at the end.

The playoffs are a pipe dream this year, and as optimistic as we all are - we all know that.

HOWEVER - the longer we stay alive in the race, the better chances are that NBC picks us up for the flex game in Week 17 against Jacksonville. I want another Battle Red national TV game!
I think they have to do it 2 weeks in advance so they would have to do it this week. That would be really cool though.

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
The game won't mean much actually if the Browns win 1 game or if the Bills and Titans win 2 games. But we have to beat the Jags to get in at the end.
im quite confident neither will

bills have cle, giants and eagles
titans have KC, jets and colts

both teams have questinable offences and qb's

utahmark

markbeth
your right about the bills and titans. but we actually want clev to beat the bills. clev wins 2 or 3 and they get the 5th seed. what we would then be fighting for is the 6th. if tenn and buff both end up at 8 and 8. and us and jax end up at 9 and 7. we may just have the tiebreaker.

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
your right about the bills and titans. but we actually want clev to beat the bills. clev wins 2 or 3 and they get the 5th seed. what we would then be fighting for is the 6th. if tenn and buff both end up at 8 and 8. and us and jax end up at 9 and 7. we may just have the tiebreaker.
thinking about it that may be our best shot alright.. i can enjoy this game now- we win either way (unless jax does too :()

False Start

On # 69
Its days like this I'm glad I have Sunday Ticket . I might try and catch the Browns v. Bills game , and KY vs the Chiefs .

Today would've been a nice day for an open-roof game at Reliant. The weather's sucked on Sundays for weeks, of course now we get absolutely perfect weather.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Well it's days like these where it under scores how important it is to carry a mudder RB on the roster. Snow, wind, can't mount an airiel attack. Gotta have a mudder for december snow games away.

So far.... for the season the visitor is 2-5 on thursday night games.

Watch Brett Farve snap Marino's record or Watch Vincent wack the happles Chiefs ?

...life is rough with the ticket.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
What really ticks me off about the "No Game Day" fans is they're just as bad as the "Bye Week" fans. They never give us Texans any respect and just do nothing but brag and troll all week. Then when Sunday gets here they disappear because they don't want to eat their crow.

What are we now? Undefeated against "No Game Day" and "Bye Week"? Still we get no respect!

ESPN just pretends that we aren't even there. They suck!

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
What really ticks me off about the "No Game Day" fans is they're just as bad as the "Bye Week" fans. They never give us Texans any respect and just do nothing but brag and troll all week. Then when Sunday gets here they disappear because they don't want to eat their crow.

What are we now? Undefeated against "No Game Day" and "Bye Week"? Still we get no respect!

ESPN just pretends that we aren't even there. They suck!
lol

i dont blame the 'bye week' fans for being cocky... they were coming off a huge win v the dolphins :)

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Farve: 7-7 90 yards. -96 to go. Driver catch run is a beauty.

439th of career, 25th for the season.

Anyone got Stephen Jackson ..he just popped a fifty yrd TD run.

Someone get a copy of the bad snap play from the bufflo game to the turk. Two is better than seven there big guy.

FILO_girl

I'm not here
Its nice to be able to watch my Pack play, but interested in seeing the Blizzard bowl, just to see Ocho Cinco do a snow dance. :user:

Plus I can eat fondue and watch games at home (and it is TASTY too!)

GlassHalfFull

Hall of Fame
They just showed a bit of the browns game. Domes are good. At least their punter had the presence of mind to kick it out of the end zone when he muffed the snap.

GlassHalfFull

Hall of Fame
I wonder if clinching home field advantage through out the playoffs will come back to haunt the Pats. They are more than likely to have bad weather during some of the games, and their offense isn't best suited to playing in off conditions.