Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2007   #1
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario's first 2 seasons compared to the all time greats...

Player Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Career Total
Bruce Smith 6.5 15 12 200
Reggie White 13 18 21 198
Kevin Greene 0 7 6.5 160
Chris Doleman 0.5 3 11 150
John Randle 1 9.5 11.5 137.5
Richard Dent 3 17.5 17 137.5
MICHAEL STRAHAN 1 4.5 7.5 132.5+
Lawrence Taylor 0 7.5 9 132.5
Leslie O'Neal 12.5 4 12.5 132.5
Rickey Jackson 0 4.5 12 128
Derrick Thomas 10 20 13.5 126.5
Clyde Simmons 2 6 8 121.5
SIMEON RICE 12.5 5 10 121
Sean Jones 1 8.5 15.5 113
Greg Townsend 10.5 7 10 109.5

Mario Williams 4.5 13+

I think Mario is on pace to be one of the great ones. Only 3 guys in the top 15 have more sacks in their second season than Super Mario and he still has 2 games left. He could easily end up with 17 or more.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #2
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario's first 2 seasons compared to the all time sack leaders...

Player....................Season 1.........Season 2......Season 3.....Career Total
Bruce Smith...............6.5.................15........ ........12...............200
Reggie White..............13.................18.......... .......21...............198
Kevin Greene...............0..................7......... ........6.5...............160
Chris Doleman.............0.5................3.......... ........11................150
John Randle.................1.................9.5...... .........11.5..............137.5
Richard Dent................3.................17.5........ ......17................137.5
MICHAEL STRAHAN.......1..................4.5.............. ..7.5..............132.5+
Lawrence Taylora.........0.................7.5............. ....9.................132.5
Leslie O'Neal...............12.5...............4......... ........12.5..............132.5
Rickey Jackson.............0.................4.5......... .......12................128
Derrick Thomas............10................20............ ....13.5..............126.5
Clyde Simmons.............2.................6........... ........8.................121.5
SIMEON RICE..............12.5..............5............. .....10.................121
Sean Jones.................1.................8.5....... .........15.5..............113
Greg Townsend...........10.5..............7............ ......10.................109.5

Mario Williams...............4.5..............13+

I know some of these guys are DT or LB, but I think Mario is on pace to be one of the great ones. Only 3 guys in the top 15 have more sacks in their second season than Super Mario and he still has 2 games left. He could easily end up with 17 or more.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario's first 2 seasons compared to the all time greats...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
I think Mario is on pace to be one of the great ones. Only 3 guys in the top 15 have more sacks in their second season than Super Mario and he still has 2 games left. He could easily end up with 17 or more.

I love Mario, but to get 17+ sacks this season he would have to serve Peyton up a nice plate of some RCA Dome flavored turf a whole bunch.

I think Mario will end the year with 14 - 15 sacks. I really think 15 is the number for him this year.
Old 12-14-2007   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

With three games left...will the colts catch the patties for home feild advandage ? He might play a couple of series, but the bulk of the snaps I'm betting will go to Sorgi the rest of the way. They got the division locked up...guys dinged, and they are two games behind the patties with three to go. They are the number two seed in the AFC. Possible, not probable. Dungy is not going to risk his ticket to the AFC championship game with nothing to win.
Old 12-14-2007   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think Mario will end the year with 14 - 15 sacks. I really think 15 is the number for him this year.
I can remember the beginning of the season when a lot of us were just hoping for double digits and a lot of us weren't thinking he was going to get there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #6
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
With three games left...will the colts catch the patties for home feild advandage ? He might play a couple of series, but the bulk of the snaps I'm betting will go to Sorgi the rest of the way. They got the division locked up...guys dinged, and they are two games behind the patties with three to go. They are the number two seed in the AFC. Possible, not probable. Dungy is not going to risk his ticket to the AFC championship game with nothing to win.
Did they add a game this year??
Old 12-14-2007   #7
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see a couple more sacks against the Jags. They would rather take a sack than try to throw an interception.
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2007   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I could see a couple more sacks against the Jags. They would rather take a sack than try to throw an interception.
He's assuming that we're going to lose that first playoff game.

And I think that's a pretty big assumption.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 145953 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Bite your tongue ... Manning is my QB in fantasy .

On the other hand ... after watching the draft on my couch because of a cold , going to two open practices , either being ( Titan game )at or watching every game and mad for a day after a loss ... I'd be happier if I lose in fantasy and the Texan go 9-7 .
Old 12-14-2007   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 145953 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did they add a game this year??
The Colts have three games left .
Old 12-14-2007   #11
Andrew6
Site Contributor

There are ALOT of WHAT IF'S for us to make it into the playoffs. I'm happy to hear the talk though.
Old 12-14-2007   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

he jus t need o lt iel etime a nilhe al lbe a ifien .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #13
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
he jus t need o lt iel etime a nilhe al lbe a ifien .
do what?
Old 12-14-2007   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
do what?
he jsut neded tiem

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 12-15-2007   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
he jsut neded tiem
And on that note, I need another beer too :cheers:
Old 12-15-2007   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
And on that note, I need another beer too :cheers:
os roy i drakkn it lal.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2007   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Derrick Thomas was a freakin beast and fun to watch.........it's a shame he had to go out like he did.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

So last week everyone was pissing and moaning that MW was a bust and the next we are comparing him to all time greats ...... lets not put the horse before the cart ..... again .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #19
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Player Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Career Total
Bruce Smith 6.5 15 12 200
Reggie White 13 18 21 198
Kevin Greene 0 7 6.5 160
Chris Doleman 0.5 3 11 150
John Randle 1 9.5 11.5 137.5
Richard Dent 3 17.5 17 137.5
MICHAEL STRAHAN 1 4.5 7.5 132.5+
Lawrence Taylor 0 7.5 9 132.5
Leslie O'Neal 12.5 4 12.5 132.5
Rickey Jackson 0 4.5 12 128
Derrick Thomas 10 20 13.5 126.5
Clyde Simmons 2 6 8 121.5
SIMEON RICE 12.5 5 10 121
Sean Jones 1 8.5 15.5 113
Greg Townsend 10.5 7 10 109.5

Mario Williams 4.5 13+

Where is Deacon Jones on this list ??????? Just picking
Old 12-15-2007   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario is a bust if he doesn't get 17 sacks.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read