Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2007   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chump Bailey's reaction to the loss

From now on I will refer to him as "Chump" Bailey, because that is exactly how he sounds.

"A team like this beating us by 18 points, I mean it's uncalled for," cornerback Champ Bailey said. "It should never happen."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gi...213034&prov=ap

Uh......but it did, maybe next time you should show up. How about just giving a classy response and say the best team won.....and Denver was not that team.
Old 12-14-2007   #2
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP
Default Re: Chump Bailey's reaction to the loss

Chump is a great cornerback, but a classless individual. The Texans kicked you a** Chump.... deal with it.
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Shanahan was classy though. I heard him say during the post game interview that they were out played and out coached. He didn't make excuses.

Champ Bailey's always been a CHUMP!! He's just ticked cause he got the crap knocked out of him.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #4
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Even as a die hard homer, I can't say I blame him. He surely was looking at this team as a young franchise who was starting their 5th RB, a back-up QB, more more members on the IR than the offense and practise squad combined and assumed, "a team like this" That's certanly how I felt after the Atlanta game. Even big wins over NO and Carolina never got enough press to make most notice. I'm sure he and others will take note after this one though.
Old 12-14-2007   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Even as a die hard homer, I can't say I blame him. He surely was looking at this team as a young franchise who was starting their 5th RB, a back-up QB, more more members on the IR than the offense and practise squad combined and assumed, "a team like this" That's certanly how I felt after the Atlanta game. Even big wins over NO and Carolina never got enough press to make most notice. I'm sure he and others will take note after this one though.
agreed, teams will take notice even though looking at the starting lineup , you go "who is that?"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I agree with Champ, it never should have happened, it's uncalled for, and quite frankly if I were him, I'd be upset about it.

I'd ask on national television, if we have one of the best kickers in the league, why didn't we let him kick that 53 yard field goal?? I'd much rather be down 7-6 than walk away with no points.

They could have gone into half time down 9 to 10.

They didn't commit any turnovers. they moved the ball fairly well, but couldn't get into the endzone.

They had no pressure on the Quarterback whatsoever.

I bet you won't find anyone in the country who had the Texans as 18 point favorites.
Old 12-14-2007   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

No, but they should have.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2007   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

When Walter gave Chump that double move on the 3rd and short to get the 1st I was laughing out loud. He totally got beat by a guy I bet he has never even heard of. Its lucky he had safety help or that would have been a sure TD
Old 12-14-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Champ = Chump

HOWEVAH, I don't mind his comments that much. He wanted to win, we kicked their A$$es and he was pi$$ed. If it were one of our guys, I'd want them to be pi$$ed too!
Old 12-14-2007   #10
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I read that last night and was thinking why he would believe such a thing, seeing as the Broncos have struggled this year, much the same way Houston has. They are NOT tremendously better than us, so I don't think he was justified in his response.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

let him eat his bitter pill.
Old 12-14-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
let him eat his bitter pill.
Let him choke on it, too!
Old 12-14-2007   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well he's a premere player stuck on rebuilding team. I'm quite sure he was tired and frustrated. That loss prety much drove a steak into the heart of thier play off hopes. Sorta like micro phones being stuck in front of Travis' face after the game when the Miami QB tried to wreck his knees with a cheap shot.
Old 12-14-2007   #14
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
When Walter gave Chump that double move on the 3rd and short to get the 1st I was laughing out loud. He totally got beat by a guy I bet he has never even heard of. Its lucky he had safety help or that would have been a sure TD
that was a thing of beauty.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #15
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Getting straight up beat by a reciever like that was totally uncalled for Champ
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #16
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I read that last night and was thinking why he would believe such a thing, seeing as the Broncos have struggled this year, much the same way Houston has. They are NOT tremendously better than us, so I don't think he was justified in his response.
Well the record says that they are not betterthan us period. So Chumps comments seem pretty pathetic when all you have to do is look at the record.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hes lucky we dropped alot of INTs, or it would have been way worse. I understand he is upset, but they came nowhere near stopping us in the 2nd half. We ran all over them, and as a byproduct, our PA was almost always open. We dominated every area of the game. Period. Thats kinda classless if you ask me. If we get a few of those turn overs, its easily a 38-40+point game for us.
Old 12-14-2007   #18
austintexanite
All Pro

I remember reading that last night and I always thought of Champ as a classy guy. Oh well, another hero breaks my heart.

Old 12-14-2007   #19
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Well the record says that they are not betterthan us period. So Chumps comments seem pretty pathetic when all you have to do is look at the record.
I did some reading last night on TSN and the Broncs fans where saying some VERY familiar things about their team...lack of a pass rush, no protection of the QB...we've all felt that pain, right? I think it's interesting some of the parallels.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Fred Bennet outplayed Champ Bailey last night. 'Nuff said.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read