Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thursday night's was the best Texans game i've ever seen.
Yes. 38 50.00%
Of course. 6 7.89%
No. (post which one and why.) 28 36.84%
Go away. 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2007   #21
SA Texan
Veteran

Default Re: Friday after Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
If we are grading on an importance to the fans, the 19-10 game will be first till we win a Super Bowl.

If we're grading on the performance of the team, I don't think I have ever seen the Texans paly as well as they did last night. Last night they looked like a team that could truly beat anybody in the NFL, and it's the first time that they have ever looked that good.
I totally I agree and that's why I think last night's game ranks at the top. I have never seen this team play with the kind of heart and intensity they showed last night in every aspect of the game.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboy win was like a kid talking back to daddy and getting away with it. Happy for a while and wondering what would happen next and that was disappointment. We went head to head Thursday with a good Denver team that had just knocked the snot out of a team 4 days earlier. This was more than a win. It allowed us to see how our guys (a lot of them back ups and new guys, ahem Walker) would do late in season, after three days prep. Our guys dug deep (Dayne, Salaam)played hurt and kept focused. They followed a game plan and kept penalties down. I do not remember any stupid flags or turnovers. The tipped pass from Sage happens to Hall of Famers, too.

I was not giddily excited but rather very satisfied as I thought as the clock run down, "We just may have the makings of a very good team". On a side note that no one will believe, before the game the announcers mentioned Mario's sack total. I said to myself "Mario will get four sacks tonight." I can't believe he let me down. I was a Bush guy last year before 1st pick. You know crow ain't so bad if it is chicken fried and covered in gravy. Seems like our guy found his motivation.
Old 12-14-2007   #23
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Friday after Poll.

I wanna change my vote. Colts game 12-24-2006. I also got engaged at that game!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #24
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts game last year. I was so close to getting tickets....but my heart never beat faster than when Andre Davis caught that touchdown against Tennessee this year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #25
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be last year's Colts game at home for me. It was the first time we beat them, the first time we looked like a real team and the first time that we beat that quality of a team for 60 minutes, on the field. We grew up that day and since then we are 9-7 in that sixteen game span. And it is because of that game that the team can go into Indy next week and not feel intimidated as we must win out.

The Cowboys game was electric, an event that will never be reproduced. But the Colt's game was about growth for a fledgling, and heavily criticized organization, and prophecies from McNair became true. We all started to feel that the joke was on everyone else.

16 games later the Broncos game is #2 for me as the Texans are introduced to the league as a team on the rise.

Ghandi's quote kind of depicts my Texan experience these six years, "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
Old 12-14-2007   #26
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

19-10, Colts last year, this one, probably the Titans sweep in '04 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #27
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
the best Texans game i've ever seen:

1. 19-10 over Cowboys
2. 27-24 over Colts
3. 31-13 over Broncos

Man you suck...you stole my top 3.
The jax game where she made the game-winning leap got bumped to #4.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2007   #28
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
First game in franchise HISTORY...the Cowgirls went DOWN! To me that was their finest hour. Last night was great but seeing the Cowgirls get whipped is ALWAYS a joy. It's an even BIGGER joy when the team you back does it!
Agreed.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #29
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboy

by: Edgar Allen Joe

Within a stadium in Houston Texas,
A crusty old cowpoke rested.
As he licked his wounds He cried a bit,
Feeling surely his best was bested

For from that stadium on 8th September
The only thing that I remember,
Was a beating the best in 41 years?
And that picture showing Jerry’s tears

A star was born in a young bull’s eye
As white as the victory
Same day I saw the cowpoke cry
What a sight to see

It was football at its very best
Anyone can win.
Even though it was our first test
We did those cowgirls in

His flooded heart no pride to show
Watching the Texans grin
His drifting thoughts as he starts to go
19 to 10 19 to 10

~THE END~
Old 12-14-2007   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

That was great. A rep for you.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #31
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a GREAT game. (Caveat -- I "watched" on nfl.com)

But I can think of 2 better:
1. Our first game ever. Win over the Cowboys.
2. Last year, Christmas Eve, something about beating the soon-to-be Super Bowl champs...

I intentionally did not read anyone's postings before posting this, so as to not bias my gut reaction. Now, I will read...

rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #32
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
the best Texans game i've ever seen:

1. 19-10 over Cowboys
2. 27-24 over Colts
3. 31-13 over Broncos

my thoughts exactly, DB. beware.
Old 12-14-2007   #33
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2924 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

It's 2007. Get over the "boy we won one" (beating the cowpucks). The Texans stood up last night and BEAT a team that was a contender.

Say what you want to. Last night was a real victory when it counted.
Old 12-14-2007   #34
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Colts game last year. I was so close to getting tickets....but my heart never beat faster than when Andre Davis caught that touchdown against Tennessee this year.
Now that I think about it, if we had won that Titans game this year, it would be at the top.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #35
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

The Broncos game was great!!! Best game for me was last years Indy Game. The game was a nice Christmas present.
Old 12-15-2007   #36
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
It's 2007. Get over the "boy we won one" (beating the cowpucks). The Texans stood up last night and BEAT a team that was a contender.

It would be one thing if I was the only one ranking and rating these games as I did and be the sole possessor of this opinion. But, as you can see that is hardly the case.

Broncos are not what I would classify a "contender." But, where we can agree is that the victory over them was a great game and had great significance (national primetime audience).

Anyway, you have your opinion, I have mine. And so the world goes 'round.

Old 12-15-2007   #37
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post

This is why you cannot understand what it means to be a Texans fan.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #38
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

This game is what I EXPECT out of my Texans. This is what I expected against the Falcons, the Tacks, the Jags and the Colts. They played a very good game with a dominant D and fairly efficient O. As much fun as this game was, it HAS to rank behind THE GAME( 19-10) and beating the Colts last year in my personal "Best Games" log. CAVEAT: This game was MUCH more important than those two because it was a "meaningful" game in December AND it was on a somewhat national stage and it showcased just how much this franchise has improved. I know my opinion may seem contradictory, but the ONLY thing better than beating the 'Girls or the Colts at this stage is playing in a playoff game. Oh yeah...I liked the sAints game a LOT more than this one. That was pretty sweet revenge for all the crap we've taken over the '06 draft.
Kubes deserves to be in the running for COY. Maybe MW can get "Comeback Player of the Year". LOL
Old 12-15-2007   #39
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
I swear you're my twin. That's what I was gonna note (minus the scores).

Cowboys - first win, over cowboys, national audience (+3)
Colts - first win over Colts - by our new coach and staff (+2.5)
Denver - first win on national tv (correct?), Kubiak snatched the pebble - as someone else noted, and you can see another corner turned. (+2)

Voting is skewed though to have "yes" and "of course". Where's the "no, but good LAWD it was awesome" option?
Same three games plus one...
1. First ever win over Colts. Plus it was Christmas. You have no idea how much I enjoyed saying "the Texans were the last team to beat the World champs" all off-season. ;o)
2. Cowboys - Anytime we beat down the cowboys is sweet. And in front of a national audience to boot.
3. Saints - The nation was peeking in to see if Reggie would try and make us pay" for not drafting him #1, like he insinuated in those EA Sports Madden ads. He didn't come close. Sweet!
4. Denver - A Prime time, Only-Game-on-TV victory AND Mario's coming out party.

I will say this about the Denver win; I don't believe any of the other wins generated this amount of positive press about the Texans. The talking heads always had excuses for the other "big" wins...
- Cowboys got caught by surprise - plus that Cowboys team was actually rebuilding too
- Saints are always "up and down". We caught them on a "down" week.
- Colts, having clinched the division title already, were "resting their starters".

This time the nation HAD to take notice.
- Denver was making a bid to make the playoffs. The desperately needed a win.
- Our secondary was (make that IS) beat up and Cutler had just put up 4 TD passes the previous game. what chance would we have.
- The whole mentor/student - Shanahan/Kubiak thing
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #40
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 11234 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a big fan, I have to say, I was at that 19-10 cowgirls game, oh, how sweet it was. Last year, I was on deployment, so I didn't get a chance to experience the colts lost to the Texans. Here is my opinion

1. 19-10 win over the cowgirls. This was awesome.
2. Our first win over the franchise formally known as the Oilers (this to me was a lot more personal since I was personally pissed at Bud Adams for taking football from my hometown) I can't believe anyone forgot about this one
3. Denver win will have to be third cause this win gives me this feeling that next season will be a season to remember. I also liked the Broncos until the Texans arrived in 2002.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read