Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Thursday night's was the best Texans game i've ever seen.
Yes. 38 50.00%
Of course. 6 7.89%
No. (post which one and why.) 28 36.84%
Go away. 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2007   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Friday after Poll.

wait for the poll.

Old 12-14-2007   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Friday after Poll.

Woohoo!!!
Old 12-14-2007   #3
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

First game in franchise HISTORY...the Cowgirls went DOWN! To me that was their finest hour. Last night was great but seeing the Cowgirls get whipped is ALWAYS a joy. It's an even BIGGER joy when the team you back does it!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this Broncos game and the Saints game this year were both really fun to watch.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

NOTHING, so far, has beat the Cowboys game!! This one was great, but, our very first franchise win over the "boys" will always be hard to beat.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
First game in franchise HISTORY...the Cowgirls went DOWN! To me that was their finest hour. Last night was great but seeing the Cowgirls get whipped is ALWAYS a joy. It's an even BIGGER joy when the team you back does it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
NOTHING, so far, has beat the Cowboys game!! This one was great, but, our very first franchise win over the "boys" will always be hard to beat.

i understand your points and probably will agree with you in a few days once this initial wave of endorphins and dopamine subsides.

Last edited by powerfuldragon; 12-14-2007 at 09:35 AM.
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #7
donbmt
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

I agree
Old 12-14-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

We're not an expansion team anymore. We saw the birth of star last night. As much as I hate the cowpolkes...this has to be the sweetess win just for the fact that Mario shoved all the hate and doubt over the '06 draft right back down their throats. The guy is a beast.

There's no tight roap to walk any more. Either you are or you're not a Texan now.
Old 12-14-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

the best Texans game i've ever seen:

1. 19-10 over Cowboys
2. 27-24 over Colts
3. 31-13 over Broncos

Old 12-14-2007   #10
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to agree with DB on this one. His list is on the money.

19-10 will be at the top of the list until we win the Super Bowl. That was a special night indeed.
Old 12-14-2007   #11
austintexanite
All Pro

Last night was a great game, but I gotta go with our first win ever. It felt great to shut up my older brothers who are Cowboy fans. Saints game was good as well, and the Indy game last year because we finally beat them.
Old 12-14-2007   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

last night was probably the best overall performance though.. name one guy who played badly? nada

im still pumped that i got to watch it thanks to a last minute tv schedule change.. cant wait to watch the replay
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #13
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
last night was probably the best overall performance though.. name one guy who played badly? nada

im still pumped that i got to watch it thanks to a last minute tv schedule change.. cant wait to watch the replay
I agree with you boss, just my personnal preference.
Old 12-14-2007   #14
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
the best Texans game i've ever seen:

1. 19-10 over Cowboys
2. 27-24 over Colts
3. 31-13 over Broncos

I swear you're my twin. That's what I was gonna note (minus the scores).

Cowboys - first win, over cowboys, national audience (+3)
Colts - first win over Colts - by our new coach and staff (+2.5)
Denver - first win on national tv (correct?), Kubiak snatched the pebble - as someone else noted, and you can see another corner turned. (+2)

Voting is skewed though to have "yes" and "of course". Where's the "no, but good LAWD it was awesome" option?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

For me personally, until the Texans win a Super Bowl, the last regular season game in which they defeat the Cowgirls will always remain their best game.

Sorry, no exceptions. I hate the Cowgirls that much.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #16
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

X-Mas Eve Indy Game...also the 1st Texans Game was one of my favorites & our come from behind win against Car was great. This is a top game but not the best
Old 12-14-2007   #17
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

This was an amazing game too(#3 on my list) because it was on pseudo-national TV, we played a complete game, and beat the city where I reside. Since I don't live in Htown, I might get to go to one game a year. Last year was the first game I attended in Htown that they won. So, yeah that would be the best game I have seen.

My top 5
1. Xmas eve 2006 vs Indy
This is my vote too because I was at the game. I was sitting in the nose bleed section surrounded by happy Texans fans that we had finally beaten the bully of the division.

2. Bears 2004
I was living in chicago at the time and I wanted to see the boys. I ended up flying back to Htown the next day. It was typical Chicago in winter. I was there, and frigid, but what better way to warm up than a
24-5 win in New Soldier Field!

3. Denver@Htown and Super Mario grabs his mushroom!
The best game I have seen on TV. I dont have to say too much here.

4.First game against Dallas
The start of a new Era. Based on raw emotion it was great. A sunday night national game against our in state rivals. Dallas expected an easy start to the season and we showed them why you need to get up for EVERY NFL game.

5. Saints 2007
With all the press about Reggie and how Mario was SUCH a bad pick, it was great to see Mario man handle Reggie and the Good guys get the W against the Saints. I was at a Sports bar with A lot of Saints fans and before the game all they all jawing and thanking Htown for the "mistake" of not drafting Reggie. They were all predicting a 250 yard game for Reggie(150 rushing and 100 receiving). At the end, they didn't have much to say at all and tried to quietly sneak out. Of course I didn't let them leave without a little trash and i got some rousing cheers from other team fans around me.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

If we are grading on an importance to the fans, the 19-10 game will be first till we win a Super Bowl.

If we're grading on the performance of the team, I don't think I have ever seen the Texans play as well as they did last night. Last night they looked like a team that could truly beat anybody in the NFL, and it's the first time that they have ever looked that good.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 12-14-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #19
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Denver - first win on national tv (correct?), Kubiak snatched the pebble - as someone else noted, and you can see another corner turned. (+2)
The 19-10 game was national TV. Sunday Night Football. That game was also the only nationally televised game the Texans have won....before last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
If we are grading on an importance to the fans, the 19-10 game will be first till we win a Super Bowl.
Not so sure it has to be a Super Bowl. 19-10 will always, ALWAYS be special, but wait 'til they win that game that clinches a playoff berth, or the first playoff win, or 1st playoff win AT HOME.

We've got a lot of great moments ahead of us. 19-10 was an awesome start for the franchise, last night may have been the awesome start for a WINNING franchise.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #20
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
I have to agree with DB on this one. His list is on the money.

19-10 will be at the top of the list until we win the Super Bowl. That was a special night indeed.
I second that.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read