Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default All Sage Rosenfels does is win games...

That guy is a winner I tell you what. He has that "IT" factor that lifts his team up and makes them play better which leads to wins. All of Mario's sacks and every other good play tonight was because of Sage "WINNER" Rosenfels!!!

PS: Does that description above remind you of anyone? Looks like we got someone with "IT" and still got Mario!!!
Old 12-14-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: All Sage Rosenfels does is win games...

i think i might have been the first to start one of these this season. beware the ones who wear the primary colors.
Old 12-14-2007   #3
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

I'm just glad he got the ball to Johnson for the TD. I took a chance and started him over Stallworth on my FF team.
crunkbuc4d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 View Post
I'm just glad he got the ball to Johnson for the TD. I took a chance and started him over Stallworth on my FF team.

I played AJ also. All game long I was keeping my fingers crossed that AJ would score some points, for the TEXANS, as well as for ME!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #5
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I played AJ also. All game long I was keeping my fingers crossed that AJ would score some points, for the TEXANS, as well as for ME!!!
There's nothing wrong with being a little selfish as long as the team wins.
crunkbuc4d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #6
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
That guy is a winner I tell you what. He has that "IT" factor that lifts his team up and makes them play better which leads to wins. All of Mario's sacks and every other good play tonight was because of Sage "WINNER" Rosenfels!!!

PS: Does that description above remind you of anyone? Looks like we got someone with "IT" and still got Mario!!!
I agree. He's a great BACK-UP
Old 12-14-2007   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/players/mariowill...s?id=WIL431243

Mario's play has really stepped up lately and along with AJ back has really helped this team.. Sage has done well and managed the game well
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2007   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://www.nfl.com/players/mariowill...s?id=WIL431243

Sage has done well and managed the game well . . .
Against who? . . three mediocre teams that didn't put any pressure on him?

I think I'll wait until after they play the Colts and Jags before I jump off the Schaub bandwagon.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't we just straddle the two bandwagons? Or jump back and forth quickly.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Against who? . . three mediocre teams that didn't put any pressure on him?

I think I'll wait until after they play the Colts and Jags before I jump off the Schaub bandwagon.
I am not on the Sage bandwagon, I still think Schaub is the guy, i was just pointing out that other players have stepped up and Sage is being a Trent Dilfer for us.. not hurting us, but steering the ship

and even if it was with teams that weren't good, it is a stepping stone..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Same here and it would have been much sweeter if he would have scored that second one, he was so close, he could have stuck the ball inside the pilon on the way but alas it wasn't meant to be.
Old 12-14-2007   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub wins to when he has AJ, an effective running game and a multi sack game from the D-line.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Can't we just straddle the two bandwagons? Or jump back and forth quickly.
Me, too. I like both QBs and refuse to play the partisan game. Whoever Kubiak decides gets the start is our guy for the game. Regardless, we have one of the best backups in the league right now.
Old 12-14-2007   #14
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 161104 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 View Post
NEVER sit your studs. AJ is a stud.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A lot of this is tied to AJ. We are much better team with him on the field. Sage's two starts and wins were both with AJ in the starting line up. Schaub looked equally good against KC and Carolina when AJ was in.

I am not trying to take anything away from Sage, I agree with the "IT" factor thing. Great job by Sage!

I am glad we have them both, I don't want to see us trade either one. Most likely we will get to see Sage start the rest of the way out, there will be time for more evaluation then. Should be one heck of a battle in training camp, money aside and just competition. That's what I want to see, I will reserve my judgement until then.
Old 12-14-2007   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Me, too. I like both QBs and refuse to play the partisan game. Whoever Kubiak decides gets the start is our guy for the game. Regardless, we have one of the best backups in the league right now.
I thought Carolina had one of the best backups in the league?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Panther fans were telling us that before the season started, 'eh?
Old 12-14-2007   #18
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
yeah, but he's like 47 years old now
Old 12-14-2007   #19
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Sage converted on some huge third downs. He made some really perfect throws this game and led the team to put up over 30 points on the Broncos. And he only gave up one turnover, going up against the toughest secondary in the NFL. Sage is the man, there is simply no denying that now.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #20
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:

LOL...major rep

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read