Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2007   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Hail Super Mario!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
The Debriefing had props for Mario and Texans Chick

Quote:
Mario Williams. FanHouse's Stephanie Stradley sure picked a good time to go off on the media for their treatment of Mario Williams. Last night, on the first nationally televised game in Texans history, Williams racked up 3½ sacks on Jay Cutler (and did so while wearing stunning red pajamas), pushing his total on the year up to 13, just half-a-sack short of league leader Patrick Kerney.

Williams, despite some early struggles, has developed into a full-fledged stud at his position. Meanwhile, neither of the guys that the Texas were criticized for not taking, Reggie Bush and Vince Young, can say the same thing. Not yet, anyway.

Hindsight's 20/20 and everything, but ... the second-guessing might not be so easy to do if the initial criticism wasn't so harsh as well.

Sage Rosenfels has a decent game, and Andre Johnson was fantastic working underneath. The run game made all the difference in the world, too ... Ron Dayne and Darius Walker combined for 24 carries and 133 yards, while Selvin Young and Travis Henry managed just 18 carries for 61.
linky
What is lame is that we've been on Sunday Night Football multiple times, which is clearly a nationally televised game (19-10 anyone?). These fools do not know what they are talking about. Hindsight is 20/20 for everyone.
Old 12-14-2007   #22
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i will gratuitously take this opprotunity to point out that i was right about Mario Williams all along.
Well I wasn't certain all long. I'm certianly bowing and scraping this morning. 299, 4.66 doesn't grow on trees is all I knew for fact. He's a stud. Ten more years to go. Might catch Michel Strahan. Gonna be fun to watch the race is all I know.
Old 12-14-2007   #23
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the last years draft I wanted us to take Vince or trade down. I knew I didn't want Bush and Mario wasn't even an option in my eyes. When they announced the Mario pick, I did some research and came to like the pick.

With Mario's slow start this year, I got real disgruntled and started to question the validity of picking Mario. I questioned Mario's desire to play the game. Mario wasn't firing off the ball hard, he had poor technique and really didn't show a lot of desire.

Since the start of the regular season until now, Mario has really turned things around. The guy looked like an animal out there. Firing off the line, hard charging and unstoppable.

Congrats to Mario, looking good!

Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Secret Challenge mode

Successfully complete the game. Start the cleared game file, then pause the game while at the world map and press L, R, L, R, X(2), Y(2). If you entered the code correctly, the message "Welcome to the Secret Challenge mode" will appear. Similar to the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES, Secret Challenge mode will not let you backtrack in certain levels. To indicate whether a level has a Secret Challenge version, the new right arrow icon will be lit in the top right corner of the map screen.
http://www.cheatcc.com/ds/newsuperma...eatscodes.html

Kubiak went old school for Mario before the game
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #25
austintexanite
All Pro

Last night was a glimpse of what we can see from Mario for the next 8-10 years.
Old 12-14-2007   #26
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Rome just jumped on and said he really admires Mario and what he is doing after everyone, including himself, was just killing him. Good to hear national talk.
Old 12-14-2007   #27
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
PS: The coolest thing ever was hearing the Super Mario video game music played after his last solo sack.
How did I miss THAT?!?! That really happened?
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2007   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
With Mario's slow start this year, I got real disgruntled and started to question the validity of picking Mario. I questioned Mario's desire to play the game. Mario wasn't firing off the ball hard, he had poor technique and really didn't show a lot of desire.
Not addressed to you in particular, but this is a classic example of why fans should not try to get in player's heads and make assumptions about desire or heart. Mario has just gone through the game slowing down process. Instead of thinking about what the coaches want him to do he is now deciding what to do.
Old 12-14-2007   #29
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post
How did I miss THAT?!?! That really happened?
That was the coolest thing ever. Me and my friend were freakin out to the music.
Old 12-14-2007   #30
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What is lame is that we've been on Sunday Night Football multiple times, which is clearly a nationally televised game (19-10 anyone?). These fools do not know what they are talking about. Hindsight is 20/20 for everyone.
maybe he meant marios first game on primetime with the texans?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #31
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well I wasn't certain all long. I'm certianly bowing and scraping this morning. 299, 4.66 doesn't grow on trees is all I knew for fact. He's a stud. Ten more years to go. Might catch Michel Strahan. Gonna be fun to watch the race is all I know.
i was kinda the same.. i always supported it but had my little doubts now and again.. love watching our D because of him now though (not to mention meco and co)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #32
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i will gratuitously take this opprotunity to point out that i was right about Mario Williams all along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Present and accounted for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
I was number 3

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthr...Official+Mario

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Remember the welcome Mario avatar you made Jerek?
Old 12-14-2007   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

LMAO!! Jim Rome is talking about Mario and said "Mario was hounding Jay Cutler, like he owed him money"

"Class act, great player"
Old 12-14-2007   #34
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Rome just gave a shout out to Mario again and and said "Speaking for the entire world, sorry we villified you" and made you out to be horrible before you stepped up on the field. He is playing like a faster Dwight Freeney. AND he is playing better than Bush and VY. Despite all the heat he has never lashed out or demanded an apology. You are a beast on the field and a class act off..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
LMAO!! Jim Rome is talking about Mario and said "Mario was hounding Jay Cutler, like he owed him money"

"Class act, great player"
Beat me to it..Word
Old 12-14-2007   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Rome just gave a shout out to Mario again and and said "Speaking for the entire world, sorry we villified you" and made you out to be horrible before you stepped up on the field. He is playing like a faster Dwight Freeney. AND he is playing better than Bush and VY. Despite all the heat he has never lashed out or demanded an apology. You are a beast on the field and a class act off..............
You're killing me Frog.......... Great minds, I guess
Old 12-14-2007   #36
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You're killing me Frog.......... Great minds, I guess
That's what I'm thinking
Old 12-14-2007   #37
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
PS: The coolest thing ever was hearing the Super Mario video game music played after his last solo sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Williams
(on how it felt to hear the crowd chanting his name during the fourth quarter) “That was awesome! It was amazing to hear my name being said like that right behind our bench. One thing that was big was after that third sack, I don’t know if any of you noticed, but I heard the Super Mario music. I got crunk off of that. I appreciate whoever did that. I heard that music. It was just all amazing!”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4043
Old 12-14-2007   #38
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthr...Official+Mario

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Remember the welcome Mario avatar you made Jerek?
Hilarious! Funny too how that rumor of it being all about signability didn't really start to die off until Reggie started sucking so much.

Though I can't claim omniscience, because I went back and forth on Reggie for quite awhile (anywhere from would suck completely to being a junior Brian Westbrook just not #1 caliber player) and at least at the time of that thread being written, he has sucked a lot more than I stated he would. I was also wrong about Carr making it in this league. Oh well.
Old 12-14-2007   #39
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Now we need a smilie of Mario doing the hula dance....
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #40
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Aloha means Pro-Bowl!" right?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read