Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default All Hail Super Mario!!!

The Around the Horn guys were still trying to discredit Mario's draft status last week and switched their pick from Bush (their unanimous pick after the draft...other than Michael Smith who picked Mario and practically got booed off the panel) to Young and claimed its not how they play on the field...its that the team needs star power LOL!!!

The Texans just sold out their 59th consecutive game and i've never seen the Houston crowd get behind any player in Texans history like they've gotten behind Mario since the New Orleans game after the bye week. Tonight everyone was chanting "MA-RI-O" everytime he got a sack or made a tackle and he literally got a standing ovation after the game from the fans when he left the field to chants of "MA-RI-O". If that's not star power WITH on-field results then I dont know what is!!!

Couple that with the fact he's 22 years old and is STILL learning how to properly rush the passer plus he's proven his toughness last season playing with plantar fasciitis over the last half of the season with pain so bad he couldn't even practice and had to take pain shots before every game and I am not trading Mario for Vince, Reggie, or whoever else the media claims should've went # 1 in 06 over the guy they labeled a bust before he played a down.

ALL HAIL SUPER MARIO!!!

PS: The coolest thing ever was hearing the Super Mario video game music played after his last solo sack.
Old 12-14-2007   #2
austintexanite
All Pro

Default Re: All Hail Super Mario!!!

Old 12-14-2007   #3
Ckw

Mario showed a lot tonight. For one of the first times I saw a flawless spin move out of Mario that almost got him a sack. I saw a great juke, stumble, and then he picked himself up to sack Cutler. He just looked in the zone. Just keep your head on straight Mario. Don't get full of yourself.

Oh yeah and I watched that Around the Horn you are talking about. It was so dumb. At least Mariotti gave Smith props for predicting Mario Williams would be a good pick.
Old 12-14-2007   #4
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as this game goes, It wasn't just the recorded sacks that got my attention. Mario looked like he was a step away from 5 or 6 more. Cutler will have will be hearing that nintendo music in his sleep for several weeks. BTW Will Demps played his ass off tonight! I need to go to the Demps=Answer post to finish this....
Old 12-14-2007   #5
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138429 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
The Around the Horn guys were still trying to discredit Mario's draft status last week and switched their pick from Bush (their unanimous pick after the draft...other than Michael Smith who picked Mario and practically got booed off the panel) to Young and claimed its not how they play on the field...its that the team needs star power LOL!!!
The Around the Horn guys are as close as you can get to being mentally retarded without having an extra chromosome. Are they kidding me? "Star power?" How about results on the field? That show is complete garbage.

I questioned the pick. I thought we need a spark on offense and Busy was the way to go. My mind wasn't changed last season. But Mario has flipped the switch this year. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 3 1/2 sacks tonight?! If he doesn't get to go to the pro bowl, there's just something horribly wrong with the NFL.

I think we need to petition the Texans to wear all battle red every damn game. Super Mario needs his red overalls!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i will gratuitously take this opprotunity to point out that i was right about Mario Williams all along.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #7
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i will gratuitously take this opprotunity to point out that i was right about Mario Williams all along.
That was you? So who were the other three?
Old 12-14-2007   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Mario showed a lot tonight. For one of the first times I saw a flawless spin move out of Mario that almost got him a sack.

1st q when cutler threw deep (incomplete) to marshall, right? that was a pretty sweet move alright.. tried another one later but not as effective- i dont know about everyone else but i love watching our D play cos of mario- every snap i look for where he is pre-snap and follow him.. hows that for an 'unsexy' pick
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

We stopped by the Texans Shop in Budweiser Plaza last night when the game was over and bunches of people were buying blue overalls and big, puffy white gloves. I think you will see lots of fans in the stands at the next game dressed as Super Mario!! Kudos to whoever thought of stocking a Super Mario costume in the shop.
Old 12-14-2007   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Just wait until Mario starts getting the Calls he deserve.

They were holding him all night, even when they doubled him.

When we start getting those calls, and teams really start trying to compensate for him, Amobi, TJ, Cochran, Demeco are going to cause some real HAVOC.
Old 12-14-2007   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Present and accounted for.
Old 12-14-2007   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

When we start getting those calls, and teams really start trying to compensate for him, Amobi, TJ, Cochran, Demeco are going to cause some real HAVOC.
They were holding him on his second sack, and it STILL didn't even matter.

Mario on the post game show was classic. Signing the praises of Jethro Franklin and Richard Smith, and blinding Deion with the diamonds in his ears.

All Hail Super Mario!!! Indeed.
Errant Hothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Present and accounted for.
I was number 3
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post

The Texans just sold out their 59th consecutive game and i've never seen the Houston crowd get behind any player in Texans history like they've gotten behind Mario since the New Orleans game after the bye week. Tonight everyone was chanting "MA-RI-O" everytime he got a sack or made a tackle and he literally got a standing ovation after the game from the fans when he left the field to chants of "MA-RI-O". If that's not star power WITH on-field results then I dont know what is!!!

Couple that with the fact he's 22 years old and is STILL learning how to properly rush the passer plus he's proven his toughness last season playing with plantar fasciitis over the last half of the season with pain so bad he couldn't even practice and had to take pain shots before every game and I am not trading Mario for Vince, Reggie, or whoever else the media claims should've went # 1 in 06 over the guy they labeled a bust before he played a down.

ALL HAIL SUPER MARIO!!!

PS: The coolest thing ever was hearing the Super Mario video game music played after his last solo sack.
I heard that on TV...I bet it would have been bada** to hear it in person.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #15
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the Super Mario music was great.

It was a very fun night. The team is really looking up. To bad we have had all of the injuries and turnovers or we would be looking at a legit shot of making the playoffs.
Old 12-14-2007   #16
brip
Rookie

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t75SjNC0gg

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dImtYvSUKc
brip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been on board with the pick since day one. Doubts have crept up along the way, but I'm glad that he's proved us wrong.

Everyone who ever piled on should congratulate themselves now. We finally pissed him off enough to really break loose.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'm pretty sure i heard the crowd chanting "mario" (ala vs. KC) thru the tv.
Old 12-14-2007   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Very true. Now that Mario is getting press maybe they will finally call the holding that has been going on all season. He has caused a number of false starts because they can't hide those, but the holding has been almost criminal and uncalled.
Old 12-14-2007   #20
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

The Debriefing had props for Mario and Texans Chick

Quote:
Mario Williams. FanHouse's Stephanie Stradley sure picked a good time to go off on the media for their treatment of Mario Williams. Last night, on the first nationally televised game in Texans history, Williams racked up 3½ sacks on Jay Cutler (and did so while wearing stunning red pajamas), pushing his total on the year up to 13, just half-a-sack short of league leader Patrick Kerney.

Williams, despite some early struggles, has developed into a full-fledged stud at his position. Meanwhile, neither of the guys that the Texas were criticized for not taking, Reggie Bush and Vince Young, can say the same thing. Not yet, anyway.

Hindsight's 20/20 and everything, but ... the second-guessing might not be so easy to do if the initial criticism wasn't so harsh as well.

Sage Rosenfels has a decent game, and Andre Johnson was fantastic working underneath. The run game made all the difference in the world, too ... Ron Dayne and Darius Walker combined for 24 carries and 133 yards, while Selvin Young and Travis Henry managed just 18 carries for 61.
linky

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read