Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2007   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default challenge

gary if you would please call my cell before throwing the challenge flag i would be happy to tell you what to do.

dont we have someone in the booth that watches the broadcast. it was obvious on the goal camera that he was in. i think we are now 1 for 9 on challenges.

sry to break up all the good posts. glad that is all there is to complain about.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #2
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: challenge

Everyone in the stadium was going crazy to throw it. It was close enough he had too.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah it was kind of one of those things where hey throw it, they might over turn it
Old 12-13-2007   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad that he at least challenges plays. I've seen too many plays go unchallenged by coaches. Kubiak's challenges have been questionable at times but I'm glad he's at least challenging them often, utilizing a coaching tool. He's listening to his players even though they may be wrong. He's trying to claw his way to a win with technalities (which is what instant replay really is, a technical decision).

Keep challenging plays, Kubes. They're bound to turn in our favor. What better time than playoff aspirations crunch time!
Old 12-14-2007   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw the play on my tv and I immediately conceded it as a TD. I saw the replays and thought the same thing. If a person like me watching the broadcast on my TV can spot it, surely our guy in the booth can tell Kubes it isnt worth a challenge.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #6
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though he didn't the ruling stood, it was the right move to challenge the call. It was a very close play, and the only thing he lost was a time out.

I was very impressed that we drove the length of the field and answered thier score.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #7
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just figured they were trying to take some of the wind out of Denvers sail. Don't want them to have a bunch of momentum on the kick off, just give them a few minutes to relax
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2007   #8
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll bet Kubiak knew he was going to lose the challenge. I look at most of these challenges as extended timeouts. He lost the challenge but was able to refocuss the team. Good call. IMO
Old 12-14-2007   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was a good challenge. Given the point in the game and what was going on, it was worth the timeout loss. And I agree with the earlier poster that it broke up the Broncos momentum. Besides, the fans in the stands would have been really disappointed if he hadn't. They showed the replay on the big screen over and over, and even though we lost the challenge, it kept the fans in the game.
Old 12-14-2007   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I was at the stadium.

After that play, the only replay we saw on the screen was pretty obvious that it was a fumble & the ball never crossed the goal line.

We went beserk.

Chances are Kubiak does have a guy in the booth watching the replays, and if he saw what you guys saw... and what they finally showed us(after he threw the flag), most likely he was telling Gary there is no way he should throw the flag.

But the crowd had been such a big part of that game up to that point. & We might have rioted if he hadn't thrown it. The right thing to do was to throw the flag, and keep the fans on your side.

The only booing last night, was against the refs, when they called legit fouls against our team.

Or that no foul crap on the interception.
Old 12-14-2007   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

On the play, I think it was Will "I can't catch a ball" Demps who picked up the "loose" ball and started the other way. It looked like he would have gone all the way for 6 IF the whistle had not blown.

What IF the Denver receiver actually had fumbled just a few inches short of the goal line? What if the referee made the wrong call and blew the whistle thinking the receiver did make a TD causing Demps to stop his sprint to the endzone? Where would they have marked the ball for the Texans on the change of possession?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #12
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Correct me if I'm wrong but the idiots upstairs didn't show the "goal line" angle on the jumbotron until after he threw out the challenge flag. It clearly was a touchdown. That is the fault of the boys upstairs. I think they knew it was a TD but you never know what the ref's will see.
Old 12-14-2007   #13
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100916 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have challenged it too. There's an issue of control. The receiver was attempting to extend the ball with one hand and lost control of it while he was in the air and getting hit. If he HAD control of the ball it wouldn't have come lose.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 77891 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was at the stadium.

After that play, the only replay we saw on the screen was pretty obvious that it was a fumble & the ball never crossed the goal line.

We went beserk.

Chances are Kubiak does have a guy in the booth watching the replays, and if he saw what you guys saw... and what they finally showed us(after he threw the flag), most likely he was telling Gary there is no way he should throw the flag.

But the crowd had been such a big part of that game up to that point. & We might have rioted if he hadn't thrown it. The right thing to do was to throw the flag, and keep the fans on your side.

The only booing last night, was against the refs, when they called legit fouls against our team.

I agree. I was there as well and the replay that showed an obvious TD wasn't shown until after Kubiak threw the flag. I'd assume they see the same as we do upstairs.

Eh, didn't matter anyways. We came back and hung 14 on them after that TD.

BTW, my voice is history. I've got to permanently move down from the roof to the 100's. Totally different ball game.
Old 12-14-2007   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Everyone in the stadium was going crazy to throw it. It was close enough he had too.
Completely disagree. Once the ball even gets close to the white line it is a TD. It obviously was on the first replay. Bad challenge. I'm sure it is different but the guys upstairs should have had the tech to see what we saw at home within a second.
Old 12-14-2007   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yes. that was the only call i really got pissed about... contact was made with AJ before the ball was tipped.
Old 12-14-2007   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Completely disagree. Once the ball even gets close to the white line it is a TD. It obviously was on the first replay. Bad challenge. I'm sure it is different but the guys upstairs should have had the tech to see what we saw at home within a second.
You had to be there.
Old 12-14-2007   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but the idiots upstairs didn't show the "goal line" angle on the jumbotron until after he threw out the challenge flag. It clearly was a touchdown. That is the fault of the boys upstairs. I think they knew it was a TD but you never know what the ref's will see.
Commentators said that on that internet feed radio. Replay didn't show on the jumbotron early enough. He had to risk it, as opposed to finding out later that he should have.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Commentators said that on that internet feed radio. Replay didn't show on the jumbotron early enough. He had to risk it, as opposed to finding out later that he should have.
well that is pretty much what the whole post is about. the replay on tv showed it was clearly a td well before kubiak threw the flag. now if he doesnt have someone somewhere watching the official broadcast and telling him if he needs to challenge a play or not(and by some of his challenges im not sure he does) i voulenteer to be that guy.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
I noticed that, as well. That shot would have saved Kubiak's red flag, because it was clearly a TD.

All is well that ends well, though!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read