Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default mario tonight

didnt' get to see the game(sisters had a gig), but want to know where was Mario lining up at? left or right side tonigh. just curious on how non-statwise he played. last week I heard he was creating havok (couldn't see because of cowboy-lion game) this week I wanted to hear about where the Texans played him and how he got his sacks.left side?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario tonight

To quote Tina Turner he was Simply the best...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
To quote Tina Turner he was Simply the best...
left side right side or was it a mix?
just wondering being i had family obligations and couldn't see it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly wasnt paying much attention to where he lined up..but the announcers did say something about Mario having free reign to choose which side he lined up on on passing downs.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #5
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 wwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotwwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Mario was all over the place tonight. Almost every passing play he was in the area of Cutler. Only time he really got stonewalled was when he rushed from the inside.
wwffan99tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #6
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

He got his sacks from both sides.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

He got 1 from the left and the others from the right, if I remeber correctly, but he was getting pressure from everywhere. Basically, think of the best performance possible from a DE and this is pretty close.

Just a random note, 9 sacks in 5 games is proababy one of the greatest streches for a DE in the last 10 years. That would put him on pace to break the sack record by about 8...domination.
Old 12-14-2007   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario was amazing. When the fans were chanting his name - that was the highlight of the season, so far.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario has stated he was after the single season sack record... we all laughed...

Anybody now think that at some stage in the future (near future) he doesn't get close.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #10
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's 0.5 Sacks away from leading the league in SACKS. . . That is AMAZING.

13 sacks on the season WOOO HOOOO

http://www.nfl.com/players/mariowill...e?id=WIL431243
Old 12-14-2007   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
He's 0.5 Sacks away from leading the league in SACKS. . . That is AMAZING.

13 sacks on the season WOOO HOOOO

http://www.nfl.com/players/mariowill...e?id=WIL431243
While I'm excited, lets at least look at that stat with some objectivity. He's played 1 more game then most of the players in the league. This needs to be looked at again on Tuesday.
Old 12-14-2007   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else yet, if it has I don't care it is celebrate Mario day...

Mario tonight in his second year with the franchise became the All-Time Sack Leader for the Houston Texans... I think that number is going to be pushed a little higher by the time he is done.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else yet, if it has I don't care it is celebrate Mario day...

Mario tonight in his second year with the franchise became the All-Time Sack Leader for the Houston Texans... I think that number is going to be pushed a little higher by the time he is done.
I am thrilled for Mario, but think about it. In less then 2 full seasons our Franchise sack record was broken?! Wow. Makes you realize how piss poor our pass rush was with the C&C music factory.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Mario was amazing. When the fans were chanting his name - that was the highlight of the season, so far.
This was awesome, what got me was when our offense was on the field and over the TV I could hear the crowd chanting "Mario..Mario...Mario"
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

This was his best game yet as far as I could tell. He was all over it in both pass and run defense. He's finally using his physical gifts effectively and consistently.
Old 12-14-2007   #16
spent
Buccaneer Freak

Send a message via AIM to spent Send a message via Yahoo to spent

wow.....3.5 is fabulous!
spent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #17
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spent View Post
wow.....3.5 is fabulous!
He was nasty for sure. If he can keep this pace through his career, he'll break records
Old 12-14-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm thrilled with Mario's performance last night.

I was one of the thousands chanting Mario, Mario, Mario.

I'm high on Mario, his potential, and the defense we're building around him(&Demeco), and the team we're building around that.

But... most likely this will be remembered as a 3.5 sack game against a team that may very well go 6-10 this year.

Remember, this is Houston, and all it takes is one bad game for the fans to turn.

Next week we go against Peyton(only been sacked 17 times)Manning..

But I never felt as good about this team as I did leaving the stadium last night.

Not only did we dominate on defense, but we never let off the gas on offense.

This is the first game I can recall that the Houston fans weren't booing when we took a knee with more than a minute left in the game.
Old 12-14-2007   #19
brip
Rookie

Williams went around left tackle Matt Lepsis, bulled through tight end Chad Mustard and leaped over the diving attempt at his legs by fullback Cecil Sapp.

"I think he's going to be incredible," Lepsis said. "I don't think he quite knows how good he can be. It'll be scary once he puts it together. He's got more talent than anybody I've ever seen playing this game at that position.

"Oh, man, by far. Trevor Pryce comes to mind when I think of all the different measurements. But I think this guy has potential to be even better than Trevor."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...roncos-report/
brip is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read