Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2007   #21
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: $$$ and Ego vs. Production...which will win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
Man, I'm feeling to good to put up a good argument. Sage played solid, no more no less.
I agree, he had a great start on the first drive and then missed on like the next ten attempts. The running game bailed the team out, he played above average and finished real strong. I think it's almost irresponsible to talk about a QB controversy. The same talking heads that brought that up were the ones who called Mario a bust. They only care about who’s hot at the moment and they love stirring the pot. Hopefully Kubes keeps a cool head. Sage knows his role. I sure like having a solid back-up with our history of injuries, but if Sage has high value in the off season I say we shop him or keep him right here as the back-up. If Shaub was playing like crap, got hurt and all of a sudden Sage turned the team around, that might be different, but there are more variables here. Schaub has been playing real well and took some serious abuse from late hits etc. If sage couldn't replace Carr than we might be getting ahead of ourselves here.
Old 12-14-2007   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If don't know if Schaub is going to play anymore this season, but regardless of that we've got the last two games and then training camp and preseason to decide this. We've got both of these guys under contract, so there's really a lot more time than that. Right now, Sage looks to me like the better QB, but even that is not really by much. Right now is of course a vapor in the wind. If Sage plays against Indy and Jax the next 2 weeks, we will find out a lot about him and his potential.

Both of these QBs are good, and both have flaws. They're also similar, I think.

I think Sage has proven that we didn't need to go out and get Schaub, but even that decision could still turn out to be the right one. We just didn't NEED to is all.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #23
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
:

1. He's not durable.

2. He's slow getting away from center, which KILLS a QB in today's NFL where defenders are soooo much faster than they used to be.

3. He can't sense blindside pressure well enough or fast enough.

4. He's not a distance runner: He looks good in short bursts.

OMG, I figured it out: He's Drew Bledsoe.

Both of these guys look great when they have all day to pass, but they get smacked around and hurt a lot. They both are compassionate, passionate leaders...admired by their teammates and by coaches...but I think Schaub is headed down the same road as Bledsoe.
that 2-4 could just as easy be sage btw.. look sage has played well no doubt but imo matt brings more to the table in the long run- hes going to get better imo.. matt had games where he didnt fumble or throw ints

and hes had games where hes made stupid throws (like sage also).. im not bothered who plays as long as they win but i think we'll win more games with schaub (and a healthy aj of course )
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read