Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What do you think of the all Battle Red uniforms?
Liked 71 49.65%
Disliked 26 18.18%
Not sure 7 4.90%
Screw it, they won! 39 27.27%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2007   #21
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you think of the all Battle Red uniforms?

Get used to seeing them because every highlight reel that Super Mario is on leading up to the Prow Bowl will be comprised of this game in Battle Red. That is only because ESPN didn't keep any other tape of our games unless they were highlights for the other team
Old 12-14-2007   #22
SA Texan
Veteran

I always liked the BR jersey's, but thought the pants were a little too much. Screw it though, they won and if that's another good luck charm we have found, then I say they wear them all of the time. lol
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #23
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats on winning the game!!!

I voted "disliked" Call me old-fashioned-but they are just too flashy.

Reminds me of those old disco pants on MTV videos back in the 80's.

I prefer the blues, or maybe rock, or country, or jazz, anything but the REDS!!
Old 12-14-2007   #24
Pearl Trade
GO TEXANS

i really liked the new jersies. we should wear them more often and maybe we could get some more wins
Pearl Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #25
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The jerseys are great but that all red hurt my eyes.

Not a good look.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #26
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 22248 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Not much of a fan for an 'all one color' uniform...but, what the heck, they won so I'm not complaining none.
Old 12-14-2007   #27
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Location: my living room a minute after first seeing the all red uniforms
Me: I don't know about these all-red pajamas.
My Dad: Huh?
Me: They look wierd... like those pajamas with the assflap.
My Dad: shut up, you'll like them if we win.

pause

Me: Yeah, probably.
Old 12-14-2007   #28
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

scrap em' please. The red pants put it over the top. They should mix & match em' though. Battle Red day wear the red jerseys & white pants like they were doing before. & then when they wear the white jerseys wear the red pants. etc.

The blue on blue isn't that bad though.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #29
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought they were sweet. They could've went all red socks too. It's not something I'd want every game, but it was nice to see.

I was a little upset that most of the fans weren't decked out in red. I mean, what was the deal? Was there not enough advertising? I don't watch the local news so I don't know if they mentioned anything about it.
Old 12-14-2007   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Red on Red = 1-0...

[/End thread]
Old 12-14-2007   #31
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care what they wear as long as they win!! BUT, the red on red seemed to hold some type of power over our guys, SOOOOO, with that in mind, BRING IT ON!!!! If it made them HOT, that's fine with me!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Screw it, they won!
Old 12-14-2007   #33
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

They looked a lot better on my TV screen than they did on my computer screen yesterday. I liked the red pants. If they get a preformance like last night out of the guys when they put on the angry uniforms, they ain't going anywhere. They are here to stay. Believe anything, believe that.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-14-2007 at 11:12 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #34
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the all-red uniform as an alternate, but I wouldn't want to see it every week. I like the uniforms the way they are.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #35
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I really disliked them before the game. Then the team made me forget about it. So I voted "Screw it, they won"
Old 12-14-2007   #36
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I like them but the white stipe on the pants was a little off. If it were a little more funkie like the Bronco's stripe I think it would have been a lot better. Also, I didn't like the blue helmets with it. If they could have gone with a white helmet or even a red helmet it would have looked better.

Overall they look pretty good.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #37
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

I think it gets the players and fans pumped up. Im not sure I like that specific shade of red because it looks too much like the Falcons or something but it was nice to see the high level of energy that is always present on Battle Red day.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #38
austintexanite
All Pro

Honestly, it felt as if they were wearing uniforms that my nephew created on Madden. I prefer the red jersey and white pants.
Old 12-14-2007   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Heck we only have..what..2 battle red days?

I dont think they spend way too much time on it..I think its a great tradition. The fans get fired up for it and so far we have a great record on Battle Red day...which makes it more exciting.

The first thing I do when the schedules come out is see when the battle red days are.
I agree, two battle red days are fine. We also have Steel Blue day and Liberty White day and probably next year Sneaky Lime Green Jock Strap day or something like that. Between the two red days and the blue and white days you have the Texans telling the fans what to wear on half of the home games.
Old 12-14-2007   #40
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

if given the option i would have chosen "the worst uniform i have ever seen second only to the cincinnatti bengals."

but you didn't give me that as an option. so i chose "disliked".
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read