Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2007   #21
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Default Re: Mario now leads the AFC

Will someone tell Mario to send Gaines Adams those Wheaties he's eating for next year. Wow...this kid is an animal right now. VY and Bush may have had better rookie years, but I don't think there's any doubt who has had the best sophmore season. If he has a two sack game against Peyton, you might as well book his ticket for the pro bowl and get his campaign ready for defensive player of the year.
crunkbuc4d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #22
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

So on another message board there was a thread appologizing to the Texans fans for giving us so much slack on drafting Mario and not getting Vince or Reggie. I for one think Vince and Reggie were great college players and will never be great NFL players. I for one liked the Williams pick from day one and with him and Ryans, I knew we were going to have a great young def. What do you guys think? Still regret not getting reggie or VY?
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #23
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

I like any pick that is on defense. I'm a defensive guy. I like VY but but something I notice at Texas as well as in his rookie season was that he needs a dominant defense and power running game inorder to have any success. He's not the type of QB that can take average players and make them a winner. He was not a good fit for the Texans.
crunkbuc4d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Its going to be interesting to see how he handles doube teams, because some have to be coming. Good problem to have though.
How he handles them? He has already been going up against double teams. No it isn't every play, but there is something in between every play and never.
Old 12-14-2007   #25
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Leahmic with the objectivity... I LOVE IT!!!

Not knocking you, I'm just not used to you being the voice of reason.

Cheers!!!

Mike
I was going to come in here and say brag about him leading the AFC but then I thought about it...no one else has played yet.

Still though he has a good chance at doing it by the end of this week.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #26
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Its going to be interesting to see how he handles doube teams, because some have to be coming. Good problem to have though.
i know theres a separate thread in the draft forum (where soome1 said they'd turn in their fan card if it happened lol) but with weaver (especially) and cochran only average at rushing and with the way things have worked out with mario..and the fact he'll prob start facing loads of double teams

would everyone be terrible upset if we drafted someone like gholston or campbell in the draft to play RE???

note: this is only if theres are no higher rated lt's or rb's on the board
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #27
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
How he handles them? He has already been going up against double teams. No it isn't every play, but there is something in between every play and never.
Exactly. Sometimes i wonder if some people even watch the games.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2007   #28
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 View Post
Will someone tell Mario to send Gaines Adams those Wheaties he's eating for next year. Wow...this kid is an animal right now. VY and Bush may have had better rookie years, but I don't think there's any doubt who has had the best sophmore season. If he has a two sack game against Peyton, you might as well book his ticket for the pro bowl and get his campaign ready for defensive player of the year.
yeah but really even when you look at the rookie years of Young and Bush, what's so different then than now? bush still can't run, all of his production is by catching the ball, and even then he still has a very low average after the catch, he's useless in the return game, etc etc. with young he's turning the ball over more than scoring and he's ineffective with his other weapon, his "legs." the difference? neither one is winning as much as last year. well hey, how about that? winning cures everything. and it's pretty evident that winning is a "team" thing, isn't it?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #29
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i know theres a separate thread in the draft forum (where soome1 said they'd turn in their fan card if it happened lol) but with weaver (especially) and cochran only average at rushing and with the way things have worked out with mario..and the fact he'll prob start facing loads of double teams

would everyone be terrible upset if we drafted someone like gholston or campbell in the draft to play RE???

I would be fine with any defensive pick or a running back in the 1st. Another dominant DE would be awesome, and I don't know much about the FA next season, but maybe we could shore it up that way? As long as we get some talented guys in FA and the draft, I know we'll be scary next year. At this point, I have no doubt Kubiak and Smith not only know exactly what talent we need and the most pressing problem right now, they'll find it and some great compliments and back-ups to our less problematic areas.

At this point I'm guzzling the Kubiak/Smith kool-aid, and despite the frustrations with play-calling sometimes, I am glad I lobbied for him from the start. When we get our linemen and running backs where we want to be, the game-plan will make a lot more sense to all of us I'm sure.

Here's to a sure-fire great pick next year in ALL of our draft picks!
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #30
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:

I can see the logic, but I still think we have greater needs than another dline drafted that high. Free agency can help with that. I'd prefer an OL first. I really cant' say that I've seen too much of either Gholston or Campbell.
Old 12-14-2007   #31
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I can see the logic, but I still think we have greater needs than another dline drafted that high. Free agency can help with that. I'd prefer an OL first. I really cant' say that I've seen too much of either Gholston or Campbell.
im no expert either but apparently gholston reminds alot of people of dwight freeney (hes rising though and should be gone when we pick)

calais campbell is similiar to mario (athletic freak) but has had a down yr in a poor miami team

terrell suggs is a big name FA DE this season but he'll prob be franchise tagged
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #32
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
im no expert either but apparently gholston reminds alot of people of dwight freeney (hes rising though and should be gone when we pick)

calais campbell is similiar to mario (athletic freak) but has had a down yr in a poor miami team

terrell suggs is a big name FA DE this season but he'll prob be franchise tagged
It would be great to get Suggs or Jared Allen, but like you said, they will both be tagged. Babin? j/k

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read