Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2007   #141
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage Rosenfels...3 starts...3 wins.

What if Sage stinks it up against Indy? What does that do for the controversy?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #142
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #143
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
What if Sage stinks it up against Indy? What does that do for the controversy?
Pounds it flat, IMO
;o)
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #144
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If Sage has a good game vs. Indy, what will that say? If Sage helps us win convincingly vs. the Jags AND the Colts, what does that mean to you? Is it a mere "Good job, Sage The Backup..." or is it "Uhh, well...ummm..."
Uhh, well...ummm...
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #145
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The previous post to mine was three hours ago. There's not a doubt in my mind that this thread would be busy as hell up if Sage had carved up Indy today. Instead he had the exact same kind of day that the "Start Sage" crew point to Matt Schaub having and because of that we get silence.

Is this nonsense finally over? Do we now all understand the meaning of "Career Backup"? The "Cody Carlson 2.0 experiment" should be over now.

Last edited by infantrycak; 12-23-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #146
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 103796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The previous post to mine was three hours ago. There's not a doubt in my mind that this thread would be busy as hell up if Sage had carved up Indy today. Instead he had the exact same kind of day that the "Start Sage" crew point to Matt Schaub having and because of that we get silence.

Is this nonsense finally over? Do we now all understand the meaning of "Career Backup"? The "Cody Carlson 2.0 experiment" should be over now.
Not if you saw the game thread... Hell we had Schaub bashers coming out of the woodwork in "defense" of Sage.
Old 12-23-2007   #147
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Not if you saw the game thread... Hell we had Schaub bashers coming out of the woodwork in "defense" of Sage.
The stats don't necessarily back it up, but it feels like Sage throws a lot of back breaking picks...
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2007   #148
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Mmmmmmmmmmmhm.

Where's the start Sage crowd again? GP, what were the others? Can't remember. I'm sure some of you dumbos will continue to argue for him.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #149
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmmhm.

Where's the start Sage crowd again? GP, what were the others? Can't remember. I'm sure some of you dumbos will continue to argue for him.
No need to get personal and stuff. lol
And, for the record, I'm in the "keep them both" camp
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #150
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage has played well, Schaub is still somewhat of an unknown because of his injuries.

The smart move is to keep both.

I wouldn't want them to compete for the starters job in camp, I think we need to give Schaub some security in his job and if he fails we have very good insurance.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #151
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry. If the QB puts the ball into your hands either catch the damned thing OR bat it downwards. One of those "interceptions" bounced off a receivers hands. If you can get both your hands on it, you can catch it. If you can't then find a new career. The world will always need insurance salesmen.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #152
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
I'm sorry. If the QB puts the ball into your hands either catch the damned thing OR bat it downwards. One of those "interceptions" bounced off a receivers hands. If you can get both your hands on it, you can catch it. If you can't then find a new career. The world will always need insurance salesmen.
The first two, or at least the first and the third picks were terrible throws by Sage that were nowhere near the receiver at all. Not even close.

Sage is pretty much an interception machine, and he's always been that for the most part.

Schaub is unknown, but I think with a little work he can be very suitable. I think with Sage we know we're going to get somebody who is good for 1 or 2 games, but also has the capacity to throw tons of picks.
Old 12-23-2007   #153
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

In his post game interview Kubes said 1 INT was bad decision, 1 INT was busted route and 1 tipped ball.

Before you pile on about me defending Sage, I'm just pointing out what Kubes said. Nothing more, nothing less.

I will say this, some people on both sides of the argument can't wait till one QB has a bad game so they can come back here and say "what are you going to say now". It's almost as if some people want to be right so bad, that they almost route against our own QB just so they can "stick it" to the guy who thinks "so and so" is better than "so and so". With this type of "partisanship" amongst fans, it's a never ending battle. These threads feel just like the old Carr threads. They go round and round with the "I told you sos" and never really get anywhere. Most of it comes from frustration and we tend to take it out on each other as fans since we can't address the players directly. I think people like McClain and others monitor these threads so trust me, things get back to the players.

That was a horrible game all around. Even if our offense had got going, the defense couldn't stop anything. I played my nephew in Madden last night. He is the Portland Madden champion. He ran over me like my controller was broken. (I think I even used that excuse a few times) I felt like I was watching a replay of that game today...ha ha.

This loss was hard because the last two games made us feel like the Texans had progressed, the Colts brought the team and us fans back to reality. Whoever starts next week at QB will get my full support and I only hope both sides of the ball show up against my least favorite team the Jags.

Last edited by Twitch-Houston; 12-23-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #154
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=b0ng;810861]

Sage is pretty much an interception machine, and he's always been that for the most part.

QUOTE]

You're right his INT to TD ratio is almost as bad as Schaub's........

IMO, it appears that we have 2 quality backup QB's and no quality NFL starter.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #155
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79098 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The first two, or at least the first and the third picks were terrible throws by Sage that were nowhere near the receiver at all. Not even close.

Schaub is unknown, but I think with a little work he can be very suitable. I think with Sage we know we're going to get somebody who is good for 1 or 2 games, but also has the capacity to throw tons of picks.
I don't think either Sage or Schaub are starting quality QBs. Matt has talent, but just isn't tough enough to last.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #156
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we can package these two guys for one "his highness":

Schaub and Rosenfels have combined for 25 TD's; 23 INT's with 4,030 yards

Trade for VY:
9 TD's; 18 INT's and 2545 yards

In securing Vince, we will also: a) our defense will become great b) Kris Brown will hit 9 of 9 in a game and c) we will just simply win.
Old 12-24-2007   #157
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

You're right his INT to TD ratio is almost as bad as Schaub's........

IMO, it appears that we have 2 quality backup QB's and no quality NFL starter.
Yep, Sage's failure today is a direct reflection on Matt Schaubs ability to QB and all that

And you're usually a good poster here madd what the heck?

Seriously, everybody crying about Matt Schaub today better get real comfortable with the idea of him being under center to start next year. Get your hankies ready, cause some of you guys are probably going to need em.
Old 12-24-2007   #158
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79098 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Maybe we can package these two guys for one "his highness":

Schaub and Rosenfels have combined for 25 TD's; 23 INT's with 4,030 yards

Trade for VY:
9 TD's; 18 INT's and 2545 yards

In securing Vince, we will also: a) our defense will become great b) Kris Brown will hit 9 of 9 in a game and c) we will just simply win.
Whisenhunt hates Pretty Boy Matt in Arizona, maybe we can trade for him.

One Matt that can't take a hit for a Matt that can't take a hit.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #159
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is that we paid a very steep price for Matt. They are going to have to drive a stake into his heart befor I give up on MS. Need some patience on MS.
Either you believe we have the tallent now to make a play off push or you don't. I don't. If the HC has to spin it to sell tickets and t-shirts with the coach speak..I undertand that. Up to you to figure out which is smoke and what is NFL reality. Banging with a couple of second team guys on the line in and in the defensive back seven...O.K. fix it.
Old 12-24-2007   #160
SICLICK
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 SICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden cover

One thing you can always be sure about Sage is that hell throw his signature interception/turnover at a critical point in the game which will ultimately result in a loss.
SICLICK is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read