Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2007   #21
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wow....this is gonna be tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
To give Schaub a free pass on a lot of questionable decisions and questionable arm strength because one wide receiver has been absent seems a little silly to me. I would like a QB who is capable of performing and doing his job adequately regardless of who is on the field.
I thought Schaub did that when we were missing AJ. Walter, Daniels, and Andre Davis played well with Schaub in there and AJ hurt. It's nice to have this problem though. Not many teams can say they have two good QBs on their roster...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #22
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 34981 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Sage Rosenfels...3 starts...3 wins.

It's a good thing to have quality depth, ain't it?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #23
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Sage is doing all of this one year too late. If Carr got hurt last year like Schaub did this year he probably would've been the starter going into this year.

We aren't getting rid of Schaub just like the Bengals didn't try to trade Carson Palmer when John Kitna had a great season while Carson sat and learned.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #24
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Sage Rosenfels...3 starts...3 wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I think it's unnecessary that you've been bashing people who haven't quite believed in Rosenfels yet. He's UNPROVEN, and been in the league for a while, and in that time, hasn't shown much at ALL. So forgive our hesitance in jumping on the bandwagon as quickly as you have. It'll still take a while for him to get recongnition from the fans, just like it took Mario to get his love. We'll see how the season pans out, but as it stands, Rosenfels really has proved that he deserves a shot at starting for us next season, but as I said...we'll see.

"Bashing?" When did I "bash" anyone? I merely stated my opinion. Let's look at the fact that Sage was a career backup just as our boy Schaub was a backup to a guy named Michael Vick for the bulk of his career. Schaub wasn't a starter until THIS season. For the record many of us had love for Mario and were saying "give him a chance" back when the "fair-weather" and "Bandwagon" fans were calling him a bust.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #25
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
To give Schaub a free pass on a lot of questionable decisions and questionable arm strength because one wide receiver has been absent seems a little silly to me. I would like a QB who is capable of performing and doing his job adequately regardless of who is on the field.
That one absent wide receiver opens the entire offense up. Schaub's questionable arm strength has also led to several long touchdown passes this year.
Old 12-13-2007   #26
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Sage is doing all of this one year too late. If Carr got hurt last year like Schaub did this year he probably would've been the starter going into this year.

We aren't getting rid of Schaub just like the Bengals didn't try to trade Carson Palmer when John Kitna had a great season while Carson sat and learned.
To compare Matt Schaub to Carson Palmer is a little much isn't it? Matt Schaub has a lot of problems to get worked out before he is going to be a fantastic NFL QB. Not to say that he'll never be great, but I simply believe that Rosenfels has done more for this team than Schaub has and I think it would be a shame to see Sage go (because he definitely deserves to be starting somewhere) because some bonehead in the FO doesn't want to accept the fact that we probably invested too much into Schaub.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #27
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
AMEN!

And Mario kicking tail..... it's a great night!
Old 12-13-2007   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Sage Rosenfels...3 starts...3 wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Dear Lord people. Enjoy a TEAM win with Mario breaking out on national TV. Schaub played excellent in some losses this year without weapons and did well for us. Sage has done well also and won the last 3. Considering his background in the league I'm not jumping on any controversies. Sage did a good job tonight but wasn't the ONE who won the game for us. Schaub has done the same. Enjoy the win without the b.s. The making mountains out of molehills gets old quick.
Typical of someone who's on the losing end of the argument.

Nice try.

"Look over there! An eagle!"
Old 12-13-2007   #29
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
"Bashing?" When did I "bash" anyone? I merely stated my opinion. Let's look at the fact that Sage was a career backup just as our boy Schaub was a backup to a guy named Michael Vick for the bulk of his career. Schaub wasn't a starter until THIS season. For the record many of us had love for Mario and were saying "give him a chance" back when the "fair-weather" and "Bandwagon" fans were calling him a bust.
What is bandwagon is calling out fans week in and week out for not thinking YOUR way instead of being happy that we have depth and a win. I've never seen a fan base so obsessed with being "right." Many of us called for Carr's head for 3 years and got called "haters." We were right but it doesn't make us not like Sage or Schaub. I'm glad to have both and both have played well this year. I take success with a grain of salt. Its fleeting in this league and we have seen players and the team have some serious rollercoaster moments. What is bad is every week having to come here and not be happy for wins but to hear people say "I told you so" in every thread and then disappear when therir predictions fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Nice try.

How am I losing?My team just won a huge game. I'm a huge supporter of Sage and Schaub and glad we have them both. I'm not a supporter of fans like you that make every win or loss about your own agenda. You sound like a moron. Alot of us love Sage and wanted him playing last year. The difference is I have followed football for 30 years and don't root for players over a team. I'm happy for both. Its like me saying I think Beurlein should have been the QB when he won all those games when Aikman was hurt and they won a SB with Aikman.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 12-14-2007 at 08:59 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #30
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To compare Matt Schaub to Carson Palmer is a little much isn't it? Matt Schaub has a lot of problems to get worked out before he is going to be a fantastic NFL QB. Not to say that he'll never be great, but I simply believe that Rosenfels has done more for this team than Schaub has and I think it would be a shame to see Sage go (because he definitely deserves to be starting somewhere) because some bonehead in the FO doesn't want to accept the fact that we probably invested too much into Schaub.
From a money standpoint and the picks we gave up, no it's not much of a stretch to compare the two.
Old 12-13-2007   #31
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nice try.

I don't think he was picking a side on the argument...I think you're trying to spin it

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Uhhh...where have you been?

Sage is NOT going to stick around and play second fiddle next year.

He will get the nod from the Texans, or he will bolt for another team. He's been doing this gig long enough that he KNOWS he deserves more than being called "great depth."

LOL.

Sage is out of here. Texans management will let him walk, and we'll have The Human Ice Sculpture for our QB again. Bank on it.
Old 12-13-2007   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't think he was picking a side on the argument...I think you're trying to spin it
Go read the game thread, and a few others, and come back and tell me I am spinning it.

He's been riding me and TexnRed pretty hard about it. Do your research.
Old 12-13-2007   #34
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Go read the game thread, and a few others, and come back and tell me I am spinning it.

He's been riding me and TexnRed pretty hard about it. Do your research.
What are you talking about?I've been a supporter of Sage for 2 years now and because I think Schaub is quality I'm "riding" you?If you concentrated on us winning and not on your own agenda to be "right" you'd actually understand being a real fan. Is it your goal tonight to look totally like an bad fan?I made a comment in the Schaub thread because professional analyst see what alot of us see. It doesn't mean we don't appreciate Sage. Both guys are players and both guys have alot of work to do. Its a good problem to have. You don't have to make up stuff to belittle another player in order to be a fan of another.
Old 12-13-2007   #35
tulexan
Hall of Fame

There is absolutely no way the Texans would pick Sage over Schaub. Sage can either accept his role as being a backup or can demand to be traded. I'm sure there will be teams that will bite, but the Texans have their man with Schaub.
Old 12-13-2007   #36
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What is bandwagon is calling out fans week in and week out for not thinking YOUR way instead of being happy that we have depth and a win. I've never seen a fan base so obsessed with being "right." Many of us called for Carr's head for 3 years and got called "haters." We were right but it doesn't make it us not like Sage or Schaub. I'm glad to have both and both have played well this year. I take success with a gain of salt. Its fleeting in this league and we have seen players and the team have some srious rollercoaster moments. What is bad is every week having to come here an dnot be happy for wins but to hear people say "I told you so" in every thread and then disappear when therir predictions fail.

How am I losing?My team just won a huge game. I'm a huge supporter of Sage and Schaub and glad we have them both. I'm not a supporter of fans like you that make every win or loss about your own agenda. You sound like a moron. Alot of us love Sage and wanted him playing last year. The difference is I have followed football for 30 years and don't root for players over a team. I'm happy for both. Its like me saying I think Beurlein should have been the QB when he won all those games when Aikman was hurt and they won a SB with Aikman.

Hold on, hold on. As an admirer of the Great Henry "Fat Bank Hank" Kissenger I think I should clarify that I wasn't "attacking" anyone. I merely was attempting to bring up a point for discussion. I don't think that everyone should share my opinion because I'll be the first to admit that I've been wrong on quite a few occasions and if you don't believe me I can introduce you to a couple of my ex girlfriends who'll illustrate my point.
I'm happy the team is functioning as a unit. ALL I said was I thought Sage was better at taking a hit, AND looked like a real leader out there. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Chill out brougham...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
The difference is I have followed football for 30 years and don't root for players over a team.
No, you're dishing out the sarcastic little one-liners and pointless gibberish that you call "a post" on this topic.

I see you know where the "sarcasm" smiley is at, because you use it liberally to deride those who say that Matt Schaub should not be this team's starter.

You remind me of me, a long time ago when I propped up David Carr and shouted down the few posters around here who were saying what I am saying now: "The starter who was crowned, in this case Schaub, has not lived up to the expectation." I rode the Carr train all the way to the end, and then it was like I woke up from my stupor..."Wow. He wasn't that good. Oops. I was wrong."

In my posts, I go on to state WHY Matt Schaub is not a quality starter (see my THREE POINTS comments in the myriad of other posts on this topic) and you don't reply to those comments. You just shout it down with your "bandwagon fan" or any other of your endless list of pathetic character assassination hits on me, in order to avoid the arena of ideas.

Congratulations, you've been following football for 30 years. I've been following it for 25. And I still say that Matt Schaub needs no more snaps for me to know that he's not the answer here.
Old 12-13-2007   #38
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 34981 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Uhhh...where have you been?

Sage is NOT going to stick around and play second fiddle next year.

I've been here. And he stuck around Miami for 4 years as 2nd fiddle.

Not saying he should or shouldn't be backup - but is there a possible reason he has been for the 6 years he's been in the nfl?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #39
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Hold on, hold on. As an admirer of the Great Henry "Fat Bank Hank" Kissenger I think I should clarify that I wasn't "attacking" anyone. I merely was attempting to bring up a point for discussion. I don't think that everyone should share my opinion because I'll be the first to admit that I've been wrong on quite a few occasions and if you don't believe me I can introduce you to a couple of my ex girlfriends who'll illustrate my point.
I'm happy the team is functioning as a unit. ALL I said was I thought Sage was better at taking a hit, AND looked like a real leader out there. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. Chill out brougham...
And I like your opinion and agree. Nice words. What I don't agree with is GP and others who have run around for two weeks degrading Schaub and talking like Sage is the second coming. Aren't we happy to have wins without the b.s after dealing with Carr for 5 years?Why is everything about individuals. If you look at the stats both guys are playing the same and yet people can't be happy about a season going well.
Old 12-13-2007   #40
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage is a durable bad azz
Matt is a fragile bad azz
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read