Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2007   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sage Rosenfels...3 starts...3 wins.

Okay, earlier this season I posted the Sage Rosenfels for President thread and you guys for the most part shouted me down. Against the Broncos, the man looked like a leader out there. Sage can take a hit and can get the ball to people other than André Johnson. I'm just saying is all... Now then gents, this is the part where you guys tell me I'm wrong so go ahead.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Sage Rosenfels...3 starts...3 wins.

Houston, we have quarterback(s).
Old 12-13-2007   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wow....this is gonna be tough

So..obviously tonights performance..and his previous performances, and his 3-0 record this season...means that Sage is now a contender for the starting spot.

How do we make this decision? The "easy" choice is to just keep them both...it would be nice knowing that another guy can come in and we wont be at a disadvantage..but then there is the possibility of making a profit, getting some more picks, if we trade one of them.

The problem is..how do you decide? Schaub's weakness is his weakness..he is fragile. He has made mistakes but he is young, and new to starting.. and even though he screwed up at times, he also showed that he could be a really good QB for us.

But then Sage comes along and just plays superbly.. But can we give up on Schaub already? For a guy who has been in the league for 7 years as a backup and is pushing 30 years of age? Am I mistaken when I say that Sage has shown flashes in the past but never lived up to his potential when he was given the responsibility? I REALLY like how Sage has played..but I dont like the circumstances.. I feel like putting the franchise in his hands would be a HUGE risk.

My initial feeling is that we keep them both..Start Schaub and keep Sage ready..same as this year.

My risk-taking side says to use Sage as trade bait to get us a seasoned (but not too old) Olineman that can make an immediate improvement for us.

No part of me feels that keeping Sage and trading Schaub is a good idea.

That is my stance on our current QB controversy. I have a feeling this subject is gonna get old REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY quick once the offseason officially starts.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #4
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I'm sure there are some pseudo-logical reserved people on this board that are going to call me an ***** for this, but I'm going to say it anyway. There is a competition for the QB position in Houston, and Schaub is losing it.

Sage: 3-0
Schaub: 4-7

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #5
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Okay, earlier this season I posted the Sage Rosenfels for President thread and you guys for the most part shouted me down. Against the Broncos, the man looked like a leader out there. Sage can take a hit and can get the ball to people other than André Johnson. I'm just saying is all... Now then gents, this is the part where you guys tell me I'm wrong so go ahead.
mmmmmm.... I got nothing. Sage has been playing pretty well of late and (even if Schaub could come back this season) I'd leave Sage in. He's got the hot hand, Schaub is dinged, so let Sage roll.

I tell you what, if we manage to keep Sage on the roster, its going to be an interesting summer watching he and Schaub duke it out.
Old 12-13-2007   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Wow....this is gonna be tough

There is no controversy. Schaub is hurt and Sage is playing great in relief. I also think that calling Schaub fragile is like calling Adrian Peterson fragile. He got a concussion on a cheap shot and dislocated his shoulder on an odd fall.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

You think we could play Schaub in the first half, Sage in the second?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2007   #8
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Here's the thing, however. With the lack of good QBs in the league and Sage's desire to play, do you honestly think he is going to settle for 2nd string after proving he is the real deal? He isn't getting any younger, I think he is done with the bench.

As of right now, though...I would sooner trade Schaub and see what Sage can do with a full set of starters.

Old 12-13-2007   #9
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

So far Rosenfels has been playing amazing the last few games, and has EARNED the right to compete with Schaub for the starting role next season in Training Camp. If he has another great game, I'm really going to start thinking that Rosenfels has a great shot at winning the starter position.

HOWEVER. I think it's unnecessary that you've been bashing people who haven't quite believed in Rosenfels yet. He's UNPROVEN, and been in the league for a while, and in that time, hasn't shown much at ALL. So forgive our hesitance in jumping on the bandwagon as quickly as you have. It'll still take a while for him to get recongnition from the fans, just like it took Mario to get his love. We'll see how the season pans out, but as it stands, Rosenfels really has proved that he deserves a shot at starting for us next season, but as I said...we'll see.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Been worried about the exact same thing. Really it's a luxury problem, but still. I hope we'll keep both of them and let the best pre-season qb start. I want to see a full season before I dare to make the choice between the two.

Props to Rosenfels tonight, but the entire team played their guts out. I'm very proud of their accomplishment tonight
Old 12-13-2007   #11
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Maybe have them alternate series..

Old 12-13-2007   #12
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
no but i believe $47 million could have been better spent. sage is as good as schaub point blank.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Here's the thing, however. With the lack of good QBs in the league and Sage's desire to play, do you honestly think he is going to settle for 2nd string after proving he is the real deal? He isn't getting any younger, I think he is done with the bench.

As of right now, though...I would sooner trade Schaub and see what Sage can do with a full set of starters.
How many games has Schaub played without Andre? If we are trading anyone, it is going to be Sage.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we'll trade Sage. Kubiak probably would like to have two reliable QBs on his roster and Schaub and Sage provide that.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
There is no controversy. Schaub is hurt and Sage is playing great in relief. I also think that calling Schaub fragile is like calling Adrian Peterson fragile. He got a concussion on a cheap shot and dislocated his shoulder on an odd fall.
This is true Tulexan..but it doesnt prove that Schaub isnt fragile. For example, look at the hit that Charlie Anderson laid on Cutler to knock him out of bounds tonight. I have my doubts that Schaub would have jumped up and ran back to the huddle the way that Cutler did.

Its true that Schaub got hit with a cheap shot, and had an awkward landing.. but i am not convinced that a "less fragile" QB wouldnt have been able to jump up from those hits and keep going without an issue.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post

I think that comment right there is why you have to keep Schaub. He was Pro-Bowl-esq with AJ and Green/Dayne in the lineup. Right now, Schaub is still the guy, in my opinion. Get a better LT and some more depth along the O-line, and hope to either resign Sage or get some draft picks for him.
Old 12-13-2007   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear Lord people. Enjoy a TEAM win with Mario breaking out on national TV. Schaub played excellent in some losses this year without weapons and did well for us. Sage has done well also and won the last 3. Considering his background in the league I'm not jumping on any controversies. Sage did a good job tonight but wasn't the ONE who won the game for us. Schaub has done the same. Enjoy the win without the b.s. The making mountains out of molehills gets old quick.
Old 12-13-2007   #18
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah no kidding. Leave the bickering and chest thumping for after a LOSS at least.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #19
adam
Guero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
How many games has Schaub played without Andre? If we are trading anyone, it is going to be Sage.
To give Schaub a free pass on a lot of questionable decisions and questionable arm strength because one wide receiver has been absent seems a little silly to me. I would like a QB who is capable of performing and doing his job adequately regardless of who is on the field.

Old 12-13-2007   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Rosenfels did not dazzle. Sorry but how can you guys say that? He barely completed 50% of his passes good for 200 yards tonight with an interception blemish. That's just a sub-par game anyway you look at it. How can you guys neglect our run game going on fire as a major factor to why Sage is winning. It's also easy to neglect Mario's performance as well as our secondary and contribute that to Sage's wins. We only turned the ball over once. Schaub couldn't stop Andre Davis from fumbling that ball in the Colts game. Schaub couldn't pave the way for Ron Dayne. Our line had to do that and it took time for them to start to REALLY come together. Schaub may not have been sacked too often but the guy was pretty much always on the run. He's awesome at getting rid of the ball quickly.

I love Sage Rosenfels but he's no Matt Schaub. I'm just really really happy to have Sage Rosenfels as our backup. Really am! I'd sleep a little easier if Schaub had the reins though. My heart goes into my throat everytime Rosenfels just hurls one downtown. You just don't know where the ball is going to land. Our receivers rock. Totally. They make Schaub AND Rosenfels look good!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read