Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-12-2007   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thursday Roof Status

"The preliminary roof report is open for Thursday night's Battle Red Day game against the Denver Broncos at Reliant Stadium. The high temperature is predicted to be 62 degrees with a 40 percent chance of precipitation. Check back Thursday afternoon for the official roof report."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4027
Old 12-12-2007   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thursday Roof Status

Whatever. It'll be closed. I don't know why they even bothered to make it retractable. Weather should be a part of football.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #3
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Whatever. It'll be closed. I don't know why they even bothered to make it retractable. Weather should be a part of football.

Cold weather should be a part of football.

Born and raised here, but I would not be a season ticket holder if there wasn't a roof in the hot months.
Old 12-13-2007   #4
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 351 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

All football should be played outdoors. The problem with Reliant is that even with the roof open, it's still indoors. I've been to evey UT home game except one since 1988. The heat is never a problem. Heat IS a problem at Reliant becasue there's no breeze. They should have designed louvered walls on the exterior. Too late now.

Cold is different story. The rood should never be closed for cold. Bring a jacket for crying out loud. I went the 7 degree game at Chicago (2 degrees at the tailgate) and had a blast. The only problem was finishing each beer at the taligate party before it froze.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #5
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Problem with 'cold' tonight is that we're playing the Broncos... They play in DENVER. I think they're a little more climatized to cold than us. If it was the Cardinals or Bucs, maybe a different story...

I hope that if its open (which I am hoping for) the cold doesn't backfire.
Old 12-13-2007   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

What cold are we talking about? It's supposed to be in the 60s.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #7
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCRoN View Post
Problem with 'cold' tonight is that we're playing the Broncos... They play in DENVER. I think they're a little more climatized to cold than us. If it was the Cardinals or Bucs, maybe a different story...

I hope that if its open (which I am hoping for) the cold doesn't backfire.

Temps in the 40's or 50's isn't cold....

This my friends...is COLD!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2007   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #9
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
55°at kickoff is what's projected on weather.com. 55 and humid is by no means 'cold', but many people in this city will think so.

Actually now that I think about it, probably will be dang nice for the players, they'll love it.

I just hope it stays clear so the stadium stays full and the fans are loud...!
Old 12-13-2007   #10
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Temps in the 40's or 50's isn't cold....

This my friends...is COLD!
I'm still ticked off I didn't go to that game (believe me, I wanted to, but I was only 14 and my mom wouldn't let me ). Cold weather isn't a problem, just add layers. It was about 35 at the browns texans game earlier this year and I just wore a couple layers and I was actually pretty warm. I agree texanmojo, Chicago is cold. Houston doesn't know cold.
Old 12-13-2007   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha Ha, we beat the Bears in that game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read