Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2007   #1
DenverFan
Rookie

Default Good Luck Thursday

From a Denver Broncos fan, just saying good luck.

If you have any questions about the Broncos feel free to ask (I would hope I could give fair answers).

I was wondering about your QB and running situation.
DenverFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Good Luck Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverFan View Post
From a Denver Broncos fan, just saying good luck.

If you have any questions about the Broncos feel free to ask (I would hope I could give fair answers).

I was wondering about your QB and running situation.
Sage will be starting at QB (about 99% sure) and the RBs will be Darius Walker and Joe Echimendu, unless Dayne gets healty really quick.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking forward to seeing your young QB. I called him the best prospect at QB in the draft when he came out. We're up and down. If you have stud DT or we're giving the ball away we're down. When flanagan has someone his own size to block...we're in the game. Selvin's coming home party. Hope he doesn't get nervous and do that spit the pill thingy he use to do at Texas two or three times tomorrow. That'd be good. GL the rest of the way and next season. Hope we see you in the play offs next year.
Old 12-12-2007   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Looking forward to seeing your young QB. I called him the best prospect at QB in the draft when he came out. We're up and down. If you have stud DT or we're giving the ball away we're down. When flanagan has someone his own size to block...we're in the game. Selvin's coming home party. Hope he doesn't get nervous and do that spit the pill thingy he use to do at Texas two or three times tomorrow. That'd be good. GL the rest of the way and next season. Hope we see you in the play offs next year.
Proving to be a very good prediction at this point.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #5
DenverFan
Rookie

Quote:
called him the best prospect at QB in the draft when he came out.
I would have to agree, and would think everyone else would to

No really, I think he has the some of the top physical tools of any quarterback in the league (as far as arm strength and accuracy go), I am not saying he is the best by any means, but he sure shows promise.

Quote:
We're up and down.
You have no idea...

Last week we stomped the chiefs 41-7, only after being humiliated by the raiders the week before (something a Mike Shanahan team does not let happen.

Quote:
If you have stud DT or we're giving the ball away we're down
We have the worst DTs in the league...we have a rookie Marcus Thomas who shows promise, but our DTs are awful.

Quote:
Selvin's coming home party. Hope he doesn't get nervous and do that spit the pill thingy he use to do at Texas two or three times tomorrow. That'd be good. GL the rest of the way and next season. Hope we see you in the play offs next year.
Thanks, and gl for the rest of the season.
DenverFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing the Junior year version of Selvin Young show up on Thursday.
Old 12-12-2007   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverFan View Post
I would have to agree, and would think everyone else would to
I guess you haven't read the VY lovers posts. Apparently the man can walk on water and simply will his team to victory? Can Cutler do that yet?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2007   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
I guess you haven't read the VY lovers posts. Apparently the man can walk on water and simply will his team to victory? Can Cutler do that yet?
No. But he has infinitely more talent around him remember?

Let's just face it. The love for VY is never going to stop in Houston.
Old 12-12-2007   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The VY love is already dying down because people are realizing hes not that great.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #10
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
The VY love is already dying down because people are realizing hes not that great.
Oh man y'all have it easy in Houston......I'm in Austin.
Old 12-12-2007   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh man y'all have it easy in Houston......I'm in Austin.
Well you just have no chance.

I respect VY for how great he was at UT. He really was a terrific college QB.

But hes in the pros now, and some people are always going to think of him as a Longhorn, not a Titan.
Old 12-12-2007   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I think these are the types of post that are keeping VY alive on this board more than anything at this point.

================================

And no, I never wanted Vince Young. I too thought Cutler might be the best QB of the big three. I didn't want the Texans to draft any of them though after the big resigning.
Old 12-12-2007   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I think these are the types of post that are keeping VY alive on this board more than anything at this point.

================================

And no, I never wanted Vince Young. I too thought Cutler might be the best QB of the big three. I didn't want the Texans to draft any of them though after the big resigning.
Hey I wanted Vince Young. But when Carr was extended I put that dream away cuz I knew it wasnt gonna happen.

I thought that VY was going to eventually prove to be the best QB in that class. That doesnt look so probable now, but its not impossible.
Old 12-12-2007   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
But hes in the pros now, and some people are always going to think of him as a Longhorn, not a Titan.
I have the same thought about Kolb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #15
ATX
Hall of Fame

Back to the Broncos......this should be a good game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read