Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-16-2007   #21
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: fantasy football playoffs

He only got me three points.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #22
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is my update:
4 leagues:
1. Playing for superbowl next week(5th seed of 10)
2. In semifinals(3rd seed of 10)
3. Playing for superbowl next week(1st seed of 12)
4. playing for superbowl next week(1st seed of 10)

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #23
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57304 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

The norm for me.

One and done. And to a team who had the autodraft draft his team. That just doesn't seem right.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #24
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Note: This is my first EVER fantasy football season. rofl, I'm in a paid league with my step-dad, and I kicked his ass twice this season.

I did alright. I would have the no.2 seed if this one guy didn't take it over in the last week of the "regular season".

I'm 8-5-1. I'm winning 65-28 today, because all of my guys had terrible days. I'm just lucky the other guy is having a worse day. However-- Adrian Peterson is the other guy left to play on his roster, and I can't let him have another 40 point game.

Here's my roster:

Tony Homo, Dal QB
Willis McGahee, Bal RB
Earnest Graham, TB RB
Marshawn Lynch, Buf RB
Brandon Marshall, Den WR
Roddy White, Atl WR
Owen Daniels, Hou TE
Seahawks D/ST, Sea D/ST
Kris Brown, Hou K

Bench Larry Johnson, (what if he comes back?!)
Bench Anquan Boldin, Ari WR (See above)
Bench Titans D/ST, Ten D/ST
Bench Derrick Mason, Bal WR (Should always start him, but I didn't this week)
Bench Giants D/ST, NYG D/ST
Bench Kurt Warner, Ari QB P
Bench Maurice Morris, Sea RB

Last edited by AnthonyE; 12-17-2007 at 05:39 PM.
AnthonyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #25
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I need A. Peterson to make 12 points for me tonight so I can stay alive. If that happens, big payday game next week!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #26
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I started off 1-7 in my league. The playoffs are weeks 16 and 17. Four out of eight teams are in the playoffs. I've won 5 of my last 6 and am in sixth place. I needed two of the three teams in front of me to lose this week and me to win for me to make the playoffs. And it looks like it is going to happen
Old 12-17-2007   #27
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

YeeeeeHawwww!!! AP did his THANG so I'm headed to the finals next week. Wish me luck!!!!
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2007   #28
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Two points! I lost by two points on my best team. If Westbrook hadn't kneeled, I would have won it. Oh well, I still got one team left.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #29
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Two points! I lost by two points on my best team. If Westbrook hadn't kneeled, I would have won it. Oh well, I still got one team left.
I feel bad for you. >.<

A few weeks back I lost by 2 points to the best team.

Was week 2, I believe. I played the Cincy D/ST, and they got me -6 points. >.<
Old 12-18-2007   #30
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay who should I start???

Just won the first round of the playoffs so I am now in the championship game.

I've got Tony Romo as my starting QB but reports are that he 'slightly' injured his thumb on his throwing hand. Dallas is playing at Carolina next week and the panthers are about middle of the pack in pass defense, (giving up 18tds)

Meanwhile I picked up Donovan McNabb who had a decent game last week and is playing atNew Orleans. NO ranks 29th in passing D and has given up the 2nd most passing TD's (26)

Here is our point system (we wanted to get lots of points):
* 1 point for every 25 yards passing
* extra 5 points for over 300 yards passing
* 6 points for each TD
* -2 pts for each fumble/interception

Thanks for your help! I have no other players on Dallas or Philadelphia. (other starters are Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, Ryan Grant, Brandon Jacobs, Heath Miller, Adam Vinitieri, San Diego)
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #31
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

Just won the first round of the playoffs so I am now in the championship game.

I've got Tony Romo as my starting QB but reports are that he 'slightly' injured his thumb on his throwing hand. Dallas is playing at Carolina next week and the panthers are about middle of the pack in pass defense, (giving up 18tds)

Meanwhile I picked up Donovan McNabb who had a decent game last week and is playing atNew Orleans. NO ranks 29th in passing D and has given up the 2nd most passing TD's (26)

Here is our point system (we wanted to get lots of points):
* 1 point for every 25 yards passing
* extra 5 points for over 300 yards passing
* 6 points for each TD
* -2 pts for each fumble/interception

Thanks for your help! I have no other players on Dallas or Philadelphia. (other starters are Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, Ryan Grant, Brandon Jacobs, Heath Miller, Adam Vinitieri, San Diego)
That's a tough one.....McNabb can have a big game out of nowhere and Romo is a big question mark as far as his thumb goes. Dallas is still fighting for home field advantage, so that should help Romo, but McNabb might be playing hard to stay with Philly or prove them wrong when they drop him at the end of the year.

Then I think back to last year and it seemed like(maybe I'm wrong) Romo played poorly at the end of the year. Difficult choice here IMO.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #32
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
This time of year is when weather plays a factor. That's why I'm going with Sage over Farve in my playoff game. McNabb is playing indoors and playing a weak Saints defense. I'd have to go with McNabb.
Old 12-18-2007   #33
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like getting too tricky this time of year. Stick with Romo unless his injury will really mess with his game or he is very questionable. He usually follows up a bad game with a huge one. That is my theory.
Old 12-18-2007   #34
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok I have a quagmire and need some advice.
stats: 1 pass=1 point,
20 pass yards=1 point
1 td =6 points(passing catching or running)
10 yards rushing or receiving=1 point
int=-4 on QB, +4 for D
sack=-2 on QB, +2 for D

1.I am gonna start Warner over Garrard(I like Warner's ATL opponent) make sense?
2. Addai, Stecker, and Graham(2 RB and 1 RB/WR flex) over Lynch, the other Adrian Peterson, and Shaun Alexander. Thats the right move, right?
3. At WR I have Andre Johnson, Braylon Edwards, and Anthony Gonzalez. On my bench is Anquan Boldin and Calvin Johnson. SHould I bring one of them in for Gonzalez?
4. TE is Dallas Clark. Should I go out and pick up a TE off the FA wire like Schellefer, Vernon Davis, or Donald Lee?
5. Should I trust in Mario and gamble or stick to Patrick Willis and a more conservative approach for my D player?
6. Should I stick with Mason Cosby as my kicker or go to my bench and get Gostowski?

Thanks in advance!!!

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 12-18-2007   #35
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
1.I am gonna start Warner over Garrard(I like Warner's ATL opponent) make sense?
Yes.
2. Addai, Stecker, and Graham(2 RB and 1 RB/WR flex) over Lynch, the other Adrian Peterson, and Shaun Alexander. Thats the right move, right?
Yes.
3. At WR I have Andre Johnson, Braylon Edwards, and Anthony Gonzalez. On my bench is Anquan Boldin and Calvin Johnson. SHould I bring one of them in for Gonzalez?
No, stand pat.
4. TE is Dallas Clark. Should I go out and pick up a TE off the FA wire like Schellefer, Vernon Davis, or Donald Lee?
Scheffler's looks like the real deal, but Clark always scores against the Texans.
5. Should I trust in Mario and gamble or stick to Patrick Willis and a more conservative approach for my D player?
I don't see Willis coming up with sacks.
6. Should I stick with Mason Cosby as my kicker or go to my bench and get Gostowski?
Crosby will kick more FGs, Gostkowski more XPs.
My reply in bold.
Old 12-18-2007   #36
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
My reply in bold.
Thanks Lucky! Quick edit, I forgot to say that my league gets 1 point per tackle
(for D players only not team D). Should i go for Mario or stick with Patrick Willis now?

Also, if you had the choice of going Schefler or Clark which way would you go? I guess I am a little uneasy that Dungy might sit his starters and while Addai and Gonzalez figure to make some poitns I could see Clark not. Your thoughts?

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 12-18-2007   #37
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Mario Williams will get tackles too, and last week I think Mario got the same amount of tackles as Willis soo...
Old 12-19-2007   #38
awtysst
Draft Guru

Anyone else wish to weigh in?

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 12-20-2007   #39
SheTexan
Site Contributor

I'm trying to figure out what to do wth A. Boldin myself. He's had limited practice due to a sore toe, BUT, Fitzgerald has a groin injury, so Boldin might get the nod. I have to bench Harrison, and I'm playing AJ. My RBs are Addai and Minn's AP, and I will probably bench E James. QB, Raiders McCown (having to use backup due to Schaub being out) and I have K Brown as kicker. We don't play D, so no worries there.

Final game, SB on Sunday for my FF team!! I'm playing my biggest rival, a guy I have played FF with for 17 years, and never beat in the playoffs!! I NEED TO WIN!!!!
Old 12-20-2007   #40
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Well, my team went 11-2 and thus I am the number one seed.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read