Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2007   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans on MNF?

Do you think the Texans have improved enough and created enough rivalry (Jags, Titans, cowboys, Colts) that we may get a shot at MNF for the first time in franchise history next year?
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Texans on MNF?

I think so. At least a Sunday night Flex game probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #3
austintexanite
All Pro

I have to believe yes. It will probably be against the Titans, with the whole Mario and Vince thing.
Old 12-11-2007   #4
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Do you think the Texans have improved enough and created enough rivalry (Jags, Titans, cowboys, Colts) that we may get a shot at MNF for the first time in franchise history next year?
A lot of that will ride on what happens in the next 3 games. Go 2-1 and finish 8-8. As strong as the AFC South is, there are a lot of intriguing matchups for every divisional game.

I don't think the Texans play the Cowboys next year, unless you are referring to the preseason game.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If wwe finish up at 6-10 again, then no, we won't be on MNF imo

If we win 8 games I think it will happen
Old 12-11-2007   #6
SA Texan
Veteran

I would be happier with a Sunday night game. I think those are considered to be the marquee matchups now, more so than Monday night game.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #7
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Texan View Post
I think those are considered to be the marquee matchups now, more so than Monday night game.
I agree, but it's the whole historic thing. We've had two SNF games and in two days, a Thursday night game, but still nothing on Monday.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2007   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
If wwe finish up at 6-10 again, then no, we won't be on MNF imo

If we win 8 games I think it will happen
Have you seen the teams that have played on MNF this year? If we go 8-8, I see a MNF easily, and SNF game, too.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at this seasons schedule as the metric for MNF inclusion, the Texans might be over qualified. 17 teams currently sub .500 have played or will play on MNF this season.
Old 12-11-2007   #10
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57661 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Looking at this seasons schedule as the metric for MNF inclusion, the Texans might be over qualified. 17 teams currently sub .500 have played or will play on MNF this season.
You ain't kidding. If anybody needs a flex schedule it's MNF.
SNF has done a little better picking their schedule. I think they've only flexed one game so far and that was bumping Chicago/Seattle for the Pats/Bills. IMO, they could have let that one be as well as the Bears/Hawks was a much better game than the Pats blowout of the Bills.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #11
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

They've put the Bills on, why not the Texans?

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Have you seen the teams that have played on MNF this year? If we go 8-8, I see a MNF easily, and SNF game, too.
yeah, but the intro music hasn't changed. seriously, the superbowl should be on a monday night. once we do that, we'd have to wait approx. a year for the nation's industrial giants to recognize the lack of a workforce on superbowl monday. Coca-Cola, GM, Toyota, Pepsi, and Microsoft--among many others-- lobby congress hard and voila, a four day weekend in january.
Old 12-11-2007   #13
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I hope so. I really thought the Saints game might have been a good game to air nationally but I guess not.

We deserve more than just one Thursday night game I feel. But at the same time there are plenty of other teams that I think do too.

The Vikings are sure to get one next year and so are the Browns. The Lions also and the Bucs.

Team that have a MNF game this year and SHOULD NOT get one next IMO are the Dolphins, Bengals, Eagles, and Falcons.

Here are the teams we play next year besides our rivals
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Chicago
Detroit
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Green Bay
Minnesota

Looking at those...I think a game against the Jags or the Titans would be more exciting. We win two more games I think most definitely we get a MNF game.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #14
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's one thing to be on Monday Night, it's another thing to do it at home!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #15
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

There's very little chance the Texans will pull a Monday night game until they make the playoffs. The franchise is basically non-existent in the minds of many NFL fans. As bad as teams like the Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, Falcons, and Niners have been, they all have either a storied franchise history and the fanbase that goes with it, OR a player or two with national starpower.

Andre Johnson is a top-five receiver, but he's not flashy enough for the "Worldwide Leader."
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #16
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't there talk a while ago of Bob McNair not wanting us to be on Monday night? I could have sworn I heard something like that.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Only a retarded owner would not want his team (product) getting national tv exposure.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57661 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I always thought to be on Monday Night Football, you had to be .500 or better the previous season. Probably one of those myths, but it certainly isn't that way any more.

23 of the 32 teams (that's all but 9 teams in the league) will have played a Monday night game this season, and 13 of those 23 had records of .500 or below and 7 teams were 7-9 or worse in 2006.

Arizona and Washington both on MNF this year, were 5-11 in '06.
Miami and Minnesota were both 6-10 and the Vikings HOST MNF.
The 49ers, Falcons and Bills were 7-9 in '06, with SF playing twice on MNF hosting once, and Atlanta HOSTING TWICE.

The 10-6 Jets didn't get one, the 9-7 Chiefs didn't get one and the 8-8 Panthers and Rams didn't get one. Granted, those teams weren't as good this year, but SF, Atlanta, and Miami, who all shouldn't have gotten a MNF this year based on last year's records, still sucked this year. That's probably why the matchups have been horrible on MNF recently.

So anyway, based on some of those sorry teams with 5-11, 6-10 records getting a Monday nighter, I see no reason why the Texans can't score a Monday night game next year....especially if they win another game or two.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

The people who make the MNF schedule look at one thing. Would the team be interesting nationally? A playoff appearance only fits that bill.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Cowboys? what rivalry with the Cowboys? sometimes some of you fans from Houston just don't get it. There is NO rivalry with the Cowboys. Never was and probably never will be. You can't play a team 2 times in 8 years and call it a rivalry. Haley's Comet comes around just about as often as a Texans v. Cowboys matchup. As for the divisional teams, there is a rivalry with the Titans and Jags, no doubt about it. The Napoleonic Complex that so many Houston fans have towards Dallas and especially the Cowboys is pretty sad and pathetic. Some of yall would rather watch the Cowboys lose than the Texans win..its just sad. I don't know where it comes from but its quite pathetic and juvenile and shows the jealous and envy that permeates our fanbase. I wish people would just grow up and make it Texas first. You will NEVER catch me rooting for any east coast team vs. the Cowboys. That just goes against everything I believe in as a Texan and someone from the Southwest. Screw the Yankees.

I think we will get a Sunday Night game and that is actually better than a Monday Night game nowadays. I would rather the Texans get a Monday Night game though because that way I can still watch a full slate of NFL football on Sunday and then watch my beloved Texans on Monday. if its Sunday Night, I pretty much miss the 3pm games....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read