Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2004   #1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playoff Hopes? Gone.

With this loss to the Packers, we drop to 4-6. Let's see the rest of the schedule:

Nov 28 Tennessee 1:00pm
Dec 5 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Dec 12 Indianapolis 1:00pm
Dec 19 @Chicago 1:00pm
Dec 26 @Jacksonville 1:00pm
Jan 2 Cleveland 1:00pm

Looks like a win, a loss, another loss, a win, a loss, and a win. Basically, three wins if we are lucky. The season is over, I hate to say it, but it is. We'll be lucky to finish 7-9.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

keep playing/play calling like this we may end up 4-12, such a big dissapointment, i get a sick feeling everytime we are in a close game cause i can nearly always predict the order of plays they will call !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #3
jnhcarrfans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
keep playing/play calling like this we may end up 4-12, such a big dissapointment, i get a sick feeling everytime we are in a close game cause i can nearly always predict the order of plays they will call !
Look at the bright side at least we have a good upside. u can't expect playoffs for an expansion team in it's third year. too many young players.
jnhcarrfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

ok ok maybe not but keep capers and palmer around 5 more years that will be 5 more non playoff years,,,we have enough talent to compete, i dont by into the expansion excuse anymore !
Old 11-21-2004   #5
geka
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
With this loss to the Packers, we drop to 4-6. Let's see the rest of the schedule:

Nov 28 Tennessee 1:00pm
Dec 5 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Dec 12 Indianapolis 1:00pm
Dec 19 @Chicago 1:00pm
Dec 26 @Jacksonville 1:00pm
Jan 2 Cleveland 1:00pm

Looks like a win, a loss, another loss, a win, a loss, and a win. Basically, three wins if we are lucky. The season is over, I hate to say it, but it is. We'll be lucky to finish 7-9.
We wont pass last years win Total

Tenn L--no chance in hell to win they can stop the run and thats all we do
@N.Y.J. L--See above responce
Indianapolis L--hahaha
@Chicago L--they have a D that can stop the run so we dont win
@Jacksonville L--They have a D to so another spanking
Cleveland maybe a W--only chance at a win the way we are playing they have trouble stoping the Run and this will fuel the bad coaching into thinking he is back and we will have the same season next year with these coaches
geka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

the coaching has improved as the players have improved. give it time. since playoffs arent really a possibility now.. i hope we do go 4-12.. i hope every loss is a close game that we could have won ..but i hope we go 4-12. better draft pick.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I also wonder if the 5th win is even in the cards this season. Hard to find it in there but it's probably going to happen sooner or later.
Old 11-21-2004   #8
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Would like to start off by saying hello to all my fellow Texans fans. And sadly enough I agree w/ this quote. It seems like they are finding more ways to lose than win this year.
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #9
phan1
All Pro

Sigh.... Yeah, playoffs aren't very realistic right now. I still believe we can maybe get to .500, but yeah, playcalling wasn't too good today. Our running game really needs some cpr right now...
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #10
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I also wonder if the 5th win is even in the cards this season. Hard to find it in there but it's probably going to happen sooner or later.
We have exactly the same amount of wins this season, as we did at the same point last season.
So we're right on track for a 5 win season
Yay!

TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

too funny, To me. Playoff hopes died when our STARTING RB is averaging less than 3 yards a carry. What is wild is ANOTHER Denver Bronco RB had a good day , amazing on their OL.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #12
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

hmmm i hope the texans like the beign the bottom dwellers of the division, i mean tennesse is not far from passing us up ! Oh well i guess we can all plan for next year and hope for some changes during the off season,,,,draft picks anyone ?
Old 11-21-2004   #13
Doug
All Pro

What's funny to me is that there's a thread about chances of making the playoffs, whether alive or dead. If you (everyone in general) had any aspirations of this team being in the playoffs this year, you set yourself up for the fall, not the team. It's great to have high expectations for your team but be realistic about it.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yeah i guess people in Carolina should of not even watched the game considering the 2 bad seasons they had before that,,,,what are people thinking having expectations,,,maybe we could convince parcells to come coach for us,,,we have the talent to utilize bills coaching ability !!!
Old 11-22-2004   #15
jnhcarrfans
Rookie

Quote:
yeah i guess people in Carolina should of not even watched the game considering the 2 bad seasons they had before that,,,,what are people thinking having expectations,,,maybe we could convince parcells to come coach for us,,,we have the talent to utilize bills coaching ability !!!
C'mon true fan we will be in playoffs soon.just not this year. let's not rush to fire everybody.
Old 11-22-2004   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i like your positive attitude i do,,, but some times ignorance can be mistaken for optimism, if you seriously think we have a chance to make the playoffs next year with the same coaching staff than you are one of those people !!! Players are only as good as the coach and as we can see by capers record, and palmers lack of adjustment i dont think this team will do anything !!!! But remember low expectations so noones dissapointed next season, cause in 10 years we can still say well we're an expansion team and maybe then when its still capers and palmer you'll see !!!
Old 11-22-2004   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i like your positive attitude i do,,, but some times ignorance can be mistaken for optimism, if you seriously think we have a chance to make the playoffs next year with the same coaching staff than you are one of those people !!!
I guess I'm one of those people. When you don't make plays your coaches always look like they are calling bad plays.

I figured we would be one win or loss (either way) from .500 by the end of the year. We are pretty much on track for that. This is a very tough and skilled league. I'm dissapointed too but going bonkers and pointing fingers isn't going to make me feel any better about not exceeding expectations.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #18
jnhcarrfans
Rookie

Quote:
i like your positive attitude i do,,, but some times ignorance can be mistaken for optimism, if you seriously think we have a chance to make the playoffs next year with the same coaching staff than you are one of those people !!! Players are only as good as the coach and as we can see by capers record, and palmers lack of adjustment i dont think this team will do anything !!!! But remember low expectations so noones dissapointed next season, cause in 10 years we can still say well we're an expansion team and maybe then when its still capers and palmer you'll see !!!
Hey look I've been a football fan for a long time and always made the mistake of jumping the gun. with a little more experiance i realize 1 thing. Teams do get better with time. I'll tell you this if the ownership who pays all the salaries didn't think the coaches where on the right track we would have heard about it. And i do still call us expansion because we haven't showed that level of matuarity that playoff teams do. Give it time we'll be ok you'll see.
Old 11-22-2004   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yeah hard to show maturity when there 3 min left your tied have brett farve on the other team and still run to running plays on 1st and 2nd down ! Sorry but teams tend to adjust to the lack of creative play calling,,,and its not just this game, its every close game we have ever lost !!! If it were just a one time deal, i wouldnt say anything but its consistent. Hard to make the play offs when ya play not to lose and ya lose,,,where ya gonna see the maturity in that ?
Old 11-22-2004   #20
jnhcarrfans
Rookie

Quote:
yeah hard to show maturity when there 3 min left your tied have brett farve on the other team and still run to running plays on 1st and 2nd down ! Sorry but teams tend to adjust to the lack of creative play calling,,,and its not just this game, its every close game we have ever lost !!! If it were just a one time deal, i wouldnt say anything but its consistent. Hard to make the play offs when ya play not to lose and ya lose,,,where ya gonna see the maturity in that ?
they don't want to make a mistake. I can understand that. It's just a chance you take in this league. this time i didn't work out. I bet if we had got a first down on those runs we would be talking a different story. stuff happens. wins have came playing not to lose.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read