Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2007   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 218361 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Where is Studdard?

I forgot to set my DVR this past Sunday, so I didn't get to go back and watch. During the game, I don't remember seeing him in there at all. It was all Briesel, from what I could tell. Did he get in there and screw up again? Or did he just have a bad week of practice and ride the pine?

And is it disconcerting to anyone else how a backup on our team doesn't see the field when the first-stringer goes down? This is reminiscent of the Green/Dayne/Gado situation. If a guy isn't good enough to see the field as a backup, then don't put him on the depth chart. If Briesel was good enough to supplant Studdard after sitting on the practice squad most of the year, why is it that Studdard is on the roster and not Briesel?
Old 12-11-2007   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where is Studdard?

he got hurt on a special teams play (kick-off) looked like his shoulder seperated when he hit the wall. might be placed on IR rest of the season.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Studdard played (I know he was on the return team when Davis scored in the 3rd quarter). At some point, he was knocked out of the game.

Quote:
Guard Kasey Studdard was knocked out of the game on a collision and sported a black eye to prove it.
I looked for Studdard on the sideline, after Pitts was hurt. He wasn't there, and Winston had to move to LG for a series. Pitts came back for the following series.

Edit: Studdard should be good to go for the Broncos.

Quote:
(on if G Kasey Studdard is going to play) “Yes, he should be fine. He’s feeling pretty good today. He has a big black eye from the tremendous collision, but he’ll be ready to go. He’ll be ok.”

Last edited by Lucky; 12-11-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 218361 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
he got hurt on a special teams play (kick-off) looked like his shoulder seperated when he hit the wall. might be placed on IR rest of the season.
Ahh! Thanks for the info. I missed that.

Damn, our guys just keep dropping. I would like to see if Studdard can really play or not. I had high hopes for the guy, but to continually see Chris White and now Briesel get shots ahead of him was a little disheartening.
Old 12-11-2007   #5
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak likes experience more than brawn. He started Briesel because he has had more time with the team and was expected to be better at picking up the shifty Tampa Bay stunts. And he did do a solid job.

Studdard played on special teams, and is still ahead of Frye in Kubiak/coaches eyes and he did not suit up and most likely will not again this Thursday.

BTW Studdard was knocked out of the game in the 3rd or 4th quarter while blocking on a kick return. Knocked him silly, he has a black eye and a soar shoulder.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Studdard played (I know he was on the return team when Davis scored in the 3rd quarter). At some point, he was knocked out of the game.

I looked for Studdard on the sideline, after Pitts was hurt. He wasn't there, and Winston had to move to LG for a series. Pitts came back for the following series.
OK, if he was on ST for the Davis TD, then that confirms my thoughts. Studdard wasn't on the field much, if at all, and it wasn't due to injury.
Old 12-11-2007   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Kubiak likes experience more than brawn. He started Briesel because he has had more time with the team and was expected to be better at picking up the shifty Tampa Bay stunts. And he did do a solid job.
I don't have a problem with that, but if Briesel is the better option, then don't leave him sitting on the PS all year behind Studdard. The depth chart management has left me scratching my head a few times this year.
Old 12-11-2007   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Ahh! Thanks for the info. I missed that.

Damn, our guys just keep dropping. I would like to see if Studdard can really play or not. I had high hopes for the guy, but to continually see Chris White and now Briesel get shots ahead of him was a little disheartening.
just found the official update (same as Lucky) so looks like he won't be on IR which is a very good thing, I want to see what he can do. the next time he lowers his shoulder he needs to use more waist bend cause he seriously lost that battle, but hes a rookie hopefully he learns.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna assume that sometimes when a guy doesn't play, or doesn't play as much as another (who seemingly is behind him on the depth chart) is because of some nagging injuries.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #10
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Dang, talk about Murphy's law for him. First, his hamstring and now this. He playing Thursday?
Old 12-11-2007   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Studdard relly got his goard smacked and I believe also hurt his neck. He was lights out for a while.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Studdard relly got his goard smacked and I believe also hurt his neck. He was lights out for a while.
I saw them working on him a lot. Talking to him. Getting him to open and close his hands. The staff stayed with him a long time--he was sitting on a bench, no stretcher board or anything like that.

Here's my writeup of it and other stuff from that game:

Texans 28, Bucs 14: A View From Behind the Texans Bench

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read