Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2007   #1
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub and Dayne out for Broncos

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

Darius W. will have to step up his game.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub and Dayne out for Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post

Dayne is not ruled out yet.
Old 12-11-2007   #3
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dayne is not ruled out yet.
My bad.....I missed the "may" be out and read it as "will" be out. Damn sinus infection has my brain scrambled.
Old 12-11-2007   #4
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1332 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Does Walker or Echimandu get the start? I would assume Walker right?
Old 12-11-2007   #5
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Does Walker or Echimandu get the start? I would assume Walker right?
I'm thinking if Dayne can't go they probably start Walker since he got so much playing time Sunday. I think he already has more touches than Echumandu.
Old 12-11-2007   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm thinking if Dayne can't go they probably start Walker since he got so much playing time Sunday. I think he already has more touches than Echumandu.
Echemandu has 20 carries for 85 yds (4.2) & 2 catches for 11 yds. Also has 1 fumble lost.

Walker has 16 carries for 46 yds (2.9) & 6 catches for 35 yds.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The way Kubiak was talking in his Monday video on the main site doesn't seem as if Ronnie will be ready to go.
Said he'll get alot of "treatment" over the week.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the guy that should get a pat on the back is #65. No way I thought he would play that well.

My bet, after Kubes wacked him across the nose with the rolled up news paper for the first touch fumble, I think he silps the dog Echie on them out of the gate. Walker had very nice debute, but I figuring he wants this game bad. Echie gives them the best chance at a running game if Dayne can't go. He's the better athlete.
Old 12-11-2007   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131013 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

..And a Sage shall guide them. I got faith in Roselfels.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey why not line up without Dayne, nothing like increasing the degree of difficulty... again.

I think we will see the team line up in more and more multi receiver sets, I know Kubes wants to feature a run game but we just don't have the horses left for it and besides AJ, KW, AD and JJ + OD makes for some pretty impressive receiving power.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Schaub and Dayne out for Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Hey why not line up without Dayne, nothing like increasing the degree of difficulty... again.

I think we will see the team line up in more and more multi receiver sets, I know Kubes wants to feature a run game but we just don't have the horses left for it and besides AJ, KW, AD and JJ + OD makes for some pretty impressive receiving power.
http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45108

I agree.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #12
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

That sucks this is one situation where the Dayne Train would have been absoutely perfect.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

I think speading the defense out would help our running game too. Elvis Dumervil vs Salaam is truly terrifying. We've got to at least give him a chip in order to keep him from speed rushing around the outside. Otherwise, Sage will be seeing the turf again.
Old 12-11-2007   #14
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

I dont think we should lineup w/o a running back in this situation. Denver has the best secondary in the NFL, and one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. I think we'd have more success against their run D than trying to throw at Bailey, Bly, Foxworth, Lynch all day. At least keep the RB in the backfield to keep the defense honest. I like the idea of going 3 and 4 wide but lets save that for when we face the Colts and the Jags.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Adimchinobe Echemandu!

I just ahd to say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #16
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Running back Ron Dayne also did not practice, so he could rest a sore ankle. He is expected to start on Thursday.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4031
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #17
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn this sucks! I was really hoping for Schaubby to get the start on national television but I have faith in Rosenfels. I'm just a bigger Schaub fan, who wants to see him get some respect.
Old 12-11-2007   #18
austintexanite
All Pro

Just give Ronnie a couple of horse pills and he'll be good. Just joking, but seriously, hopefully he can play.
Old 12-11-2007   #19
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
Just give Ronnie a couple of horse pills and he'll be good. Just joking, but seriously, hopefully he can play.
Heck, just put a cake behind the goal post (make sure it's the right goalpost )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Demeco is more of a concern to me. Hurt his knee and didn't practice Monday and I think Tuesday.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read