Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2007   #1
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover
Exclamation Robinson on the sideline Sunday w/o crutches.

Megan Manful was talking about it on chron.com. Did anyone else see this, last Sunday? Megan said "he wasn't on crutches, but was still having trouble walking around." Man, I hope he can make a full recovery!
Old 12-11-2007   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Robinson on the sideline Sunday w/o crutches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
Megan Manful was talking about it on chron.com. Did anyone else see this, last Sunday? Megan said "he wasn't on crutches, but was still having trouble walking around." Man, I hope he can make a full recovery!
I sure hope so. I look forward to having DRob. Bennett, and Demps in our secondary. Who in there right mind would want to catch the football?

Our secondary would be laying more wood than a housing development.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #3
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1858 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our secondary would be laying more wood than a housing development.
I thought for sure there was going to be a RON JEREMEY reference at the end of that sentence.
Old 12-11-2007   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
I thought for sure there was going to be a RON JEREMEY reference at the end of that sentence.
I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind but after the thong link I figured I better keep this one clean.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There was a bench full of IR guys. He was on the bench with his leg laying straight across it. I think it was in an immoblizing brace. Spencer was there also. He had an icepack or some sort of gizmo on his knee. I mentioned to Barrett, the bench had like 10 IR guys and Faggins sitting on the end. Somehow that was fitting.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw him walking around down there too, but couldn't tell what kind of cast he had on since he was wearing loose warm-ups.

If I recall, wasn't the first surgery going to be to repair the hamstring part of the injury, and then after that healed they would go back in and repair his knee damage? If so, then I don't think the timeline for his return has changed any.
Old 12-11-2007   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
I watched him walk off the field. He was wearing warm-up pants, but his leg seemed to be under support (like a brace of some sort) underneath. He walked slowly and very lightly on that leg.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2007   #8
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I saw him walking around down there too, but couldn't tell what kind of cast he had on since he was wearing loose warm-ups.

If I recall, wasn't the first surgery going to be to repair the hamstring part of the injury, and then after that healed they would go back in and repair his knee damage? If so, then I don't think the timeline for his return has changed any.
My understanding of this surgery, and I could be wrong, is they went ahead and did both surgeries. Dr.Andrews fixed the hammy, reattached it back to the bone in the spot it released from, and he repaired the knee. Dr.Andrews is quoted to say that his recovery is going to be between 9 -12 months, this was said a few days after the surgery.

Now this is in contradiction of how we heard this was to be done in two separate surgeries, much like Seth Payne had it done.

But that is the way I read and heard the updates to report the surgery.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just happy that our injured players show up for the game even though they're unable to add anything to the field. Their presence works as a morale booster. At least it works like that on me, shows me the dedication of our players
Old 12-11-2007   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I'm just happy that our injured players show up for the game even though they're unable to add anything to the field. Their presence works as a morale booster. At least it works like that on me, shows me the dedication of our players
Robinson was acting like more than a cheerleader. He was talking to dudes during the game in an animated way that made me think he was talking about stuff that was happening on the field.

Either that, or he was happy to get a good deal on his car insurance.

It was sad to see how he was walking around. Reeeeeallly slow.
Old 12-11-2007   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Robinson was acting like more than a cheerleader. He was talking to dudes during the game in an animated way that made me think he was talking about stuff that was happening on the field.

Either that, or he was happy to get a good deal on his car insurance.

It was sad to see how he was walking around. Reeeeeallly slow.
Aw, you just broke my heart there TC, here I've been thinking that D-rob's being supportive, but all along it was just that damn Geico.. :/
Old 12-11-2007   #12
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 289 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't see D-Rob, but I saw Schaub. We sit behind the visitors bench so I usually see the players standing on the sideline, but usually can't see the ones on the bench. I did see Faggins sitting all by his lonesome once though. I felt bad for him. He was part of my first Reliant memory. My band played Bud Plaza for the Jags/Texans game Halloween 2004 and that's when Faggins had the pick for a touchdown and the famous picture was taken.

Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #13
austintexanite
All Pro

Why you got to bring everyone down Twitch? Just messing man, hopefully DRob can comeback next year to a level that was close for him. However, he won't be the same player till the 09 season as the ACL takes two full years to be yourself.
Old 12-11-2007   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love that picture, but we gotta move on. The Jaguars certainly have.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

thank ya' jesus.
Old 12-11-2007   #16
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 289 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I love that picture, but we gotta move on. The Jaguars certainly have.
Yea I know, but isn't it nice to see so many smiling Texans fan faces and a Jaguar who looks totally defeated.

Faggins may have caught a lot of crap this season, but on that play we ALL loved him...ha ha
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Whoever took this picture is my hero.

Amazing!
Old 12-12-2007   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Fantastic picture, regardless of who the player is. See hunny, there ARE such a thing as a happy Houston fan, I've got visual proof!
Old 12-12-2007   #19
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I saw him at the game and he was without crutches. He was walking with a dip in his step like I do when I'm hanging out in da hood.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #20
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Whoever took this picture is my hero.

Amazing!
Those were the days. Seems like a long time ago petey.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read