Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-10-2007   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Merriman claims titans dirty

Ironic that the Chargers are making this accusation considering the cheap shot their guy put on Matt, but I do think the titans cross the line alot and hopefully the NFL will review some tape and suspend someone if proven true.

Whatever else might have happened at LP Field yesterday, several Chargers were convinced of one thing beyond any reasonable doubt.
They said linebacker Shawne Merriman was targeted by Tennessee and suffered a sprained left knee on a dirty play by two Titans during the second quarter. Merriman identified center Kevin Mawae as one player but didn't know the identity of the second player.

“It was a cheap shot,” Merriman said after the Chargers' 23-17 overtime victory.

“It was a real dirty play,” safety Marlon McCree said. “I'm sure our coaches will turn it in (to the league) and they (Titans players) should get fined for what they did. It was an unnecessary play, and I don't think it's called for in this game.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...10chside2.html
Old 12-10-2007   #2
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Merriman claims titans dirty

I really feel for the guy after he rang Youngs clock on a RUN play! Really Merriman should get off the roids and start thinking clearly.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 12-10-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Merriman is having flashbacks of when MJD aka Pocket Hercules jacked him up.
Old 12-10-2007   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Ironic that the Chargers are making this accusation considering the cheap shot their guy put on Matt, but I do think the titans cross the line alot and hopefully the NFL will review some tape and suspend someone if proven true.
That's pretty much my take on it. Screw 'em (the Tacks). They deserve it.

Last edited by Showtime100; 12-10-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Showtime100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #5
cc_me
Veteran

Rep Power: 51 cc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh, yeah. That's the pot calling the kettle black.
cc_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #6
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I really feel for the guy after he rang Youngs clock on a RUN play! Really Merriman should get off the roids and start thinking clearly.

Vince wasn't paying attention and ran right into Merriman. From the look of the replay it didn't look like Merriman did anything but stand there. I guess he should have jumped out of the way of the precious VY.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I respect Fisher for sticking up for his players, Gary could learn a lesson there. I also respect the Chargers for using that as ammo and coming back to beat the chargers. I liked how Lendale did the LT/Merriman dance after he scored his Td to go up 2 scores and the Titans never scored again. Lendale is one of the biggest scumbags in the league and just a microscosm of what is wrong with the league..LT is an example of what is right with the league.

White is a cornrowed loser who wont do anything in his career other than set the Guiness World Record for eating the most Twinkies.
Old 12-11-2007   #8
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Merriman dances like a yak in heat.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Vince wasn't paying attention and ran right into Merriman. From the look of the replay it didn't look like Merriman did anything but stand there. I guess he should have jumped out of the way of the precious VY.
Maybe he should have his head on a swivel like you are supposed to.

He was blocked by a legal crack-back block and he is a ***** for complaining about it.

Get off the roids and man up. You got jacked up.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

+

=

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 12-11-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Merriman's right. The Titans are dirty, but karma's a b!tch.

Looks like Merriman can get blown up just like anyone else can since he's off the roids.

Funny that McCree's whining in that article as well. I've seen him put some cheap shots on some people since he's been in San Diego.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Merriman's right. The Titans are dirty, but karma's a b!tch.

Looks like Merriman can get blown up just like anyone else can since he's off the roids.

Funny that McCree's whining in that article as well. I've seen him put some cheap shots on some people since he's been in San Diego.
I hate Bud Adams & the Titans as much as the next ex-Oiler fan, but the Titans are not a dirty team.

Fisher has always been a class act & a couple of thugs like Haynesworth & PacMan doesn't mean the entire team is dirty.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #13
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I would add Finegan and Odom on to that list as well.
Old 12-11-2007   #14
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Merriman claims titans dirty
I've been claiming this all season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read